SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

We finally have the Medical and Interview scheduled, omg such relief. Medical on 12/16 and have to wait until 01/14 for the interview but I'm just glad we finally have dates schedule.

Gotta hate the holidays sometimes :)

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Is there anyone where who is (or has been) in the same situation as my hubby and I that both the petitioner and beneficiary are living abroad? I have a question about the I-864 when it comes to my husbands income. He has been living with me in Sweden and he has made money here, Sweden don't have w2s. We have have sent 1040+2555-EZ for 2012-2014 just a few weeks ago because we didn't know he had to file taxes. At the moment the only proof of filing taxes are the copies we took. I've asked in the forum if we should put 0 as income and I was accused of trying to commit fraud, lying and so on but now I finally found my source under part 6: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Which procedure is correct: put 0 or his foreign income? Do we send in copies of the 1044+2555-EZ and write a letter saying there are no tax transcripts because it's not been that long since we sent in the papers or do we send the employment letter stating his income will end when we move back to the US? We have a joint sponsor who is sending us everything that they ask for in the AOS/IV cover sheet.

Thanks guys for all your help :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Mansux I would put his swedish income down. It won't count but at least you have been honest.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Nah I wouldn't worry about that letter.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Hello everyone! I just (finally) registered. I've been peeking through the site for months now.

Me (Swedish) and my fiancé (American) have officially been on this journey since July 22nd. We got confused when they emailed him and attached a copy of the list of things to get ahold of and do etc. We thought we were waiting for a package to arrive at my doorstep (the hard copy), basically, so we sat here and rolled our thumbs for two weeks (he got a paper copy the 23rd of November and an email the 24th). We just realized this yesterday when we discussed how weird is was that it took so long for the package to arrive. I guess we were really stupid to assume that I would recieve something...

Well, there is Christmas coming up, and I fear we will struggle to get an appointment in time... Our deadline is in February sometime (I forgot to ask my fiance what date specifically and he's sleeping atm) so I am truly stressed and worried!

Things I have managed to get or do so far:
I have a valid passport.
Birth certificate (in English, signed and all).
Got my vaccination records.
Booked a date for the medical examination (15/12).
I have gathered some evidence of relationship, but I will focus on that more this weekend.
My fiance has sent me an affidavit of support, but it has yet to arrive.

Things I need to do still:
Attend the medical examination (it's a project on it's own when you live several hours away!)
I will visit the police station on Thursday to get ahold of my police records.
I will also need to get 6 passport photos on Thursday (4 going for the medical examination.)
The online application form will probably get done on Thursday also. If not, then this weekend.

I apologize if this wall of text is a bit too much, but writing lists usually calms me down when I'm stressed.

I have a couple of questions (of course) :P

How long does it approximately take to get an appointment for the interview?
Since I have until February sometime, I am hoping it will happen soon enough! (Gah, this anxiety will take years off my life :P)
I'm assuming I should probably go ahead and schedule and appointment asap?
I don't know how long it will take for me to get ahold of the police records, so maybe I should wait until I have them and the affidavit of support?

Is the online application form very difficult to fill out?

Also, should there not be some kind of evidence of intentions attached? Like a letter saying that I intend to marry my fiance within the given time and that I am aware that if I do not do that, I risk being deported and whatnot? I added such a letter for my fiance's part of this whole process months ago.

Is there anything else I am missing and should be aware of? >.<

Thank you all for helping out, really. It's a relief to have so much information all in one site. It has helped us a lot!

I-751 sent: 08/09/18 @ CSC
I-751 received: 09/21/18 @ AZ

Check cashed: 09/25/18 @ AZ

I-751 NOA1 received: 11/19/18 @ TSC (SRC)

Biometrics apppointment date: waived 04/15/19
Case approved: 09/19/19 (no interview)

Timeline

Hello everyone! I just (finally) registered. I've been peeking through the site for months now.

Me (Swedish) and my fiancé (American) have officially been on this journey since July 22nd. We got confused when they emailed him and attached a copy of the list of things to get ahold of and do etc. We thought we were waiting for a package to arrive at my doorstep (the hard copy), basically, so we sat here and rolled our thumbs for two weeks (he got a paper copy the 23rd of November and an email the 24th). We just realized this yesterday when we discussed how weird is was that it took so long for the package to arrive. I guess we were really stupid to assume that I would recieve something...

Well, there is Christmas coming up, and I fear we will struggle to get an appointment in time... Our deadline is in February sometime (I forgot to ask my fiance what date specifically and he's sleeping atm) so I am truly stressed and worried!

Things I have managed to get or do so far:

I have a valid passport.

Birth certificate (in English, signed and all).

Got my vaccination records.

Booked a date for the medical examination (15/12).

I have gathered some evidence of relationship, but I will focus on that more this weekend.

My fiance has sent me an affidavit of support, but it has yet to arrive.

Things I need to do still:

Attend the medical examination (it's a project on it's own when you live several hours away!)

I will visit the police station on Thursday to get ahold of my police records.

I will also need to get 6 passport photos on Thursday (4 going for the medical examination.)

The online application form will probably get done on Thursday also. If not, then this weekend.

I apologize if this wall of text is a bit too much, but writing lists usually calms me down when I'm stressed.

I have a couple of questions (of course) :P

How long does it approximately take to get an appointment for the interview?

Since I have until February sometime, I am hoping it will happen soon enough! (Gah, this anxiety will take years off my life :P)

I'm assuming I should probably go ahead and schedule and appointment asap?

I don't know how long it will take for me to get ahold of the police records, so maybe I should wait until I have them and the affidavit of support?

Is the online application form very difficult to fill out?

Also, should there not be some kind of evidence of intentions attached? Like a letter saying that I intend to marry my fiance within the given time and that I am aware that if I do not do that, I risk being deported and whatnot? I added such a letter for my fiance's part of this whole process months ago.

Is there anything else I am missing and should be aware of? >.<

Thank you all for helping out, really. It's a relief to have so much information all in one site. It has helped us a lot!

You don't walk into the police station to request your police records (you probably can but you will only be handed a piece of paper to request it), you do this online. Takes up to 2 weeks depending on payment option: https://polisen.se/Service/Blanketter/Blanketter-belastningsregistret/blankett-4421-utlandsandamal-belastningsregistret/

Haven't heard of anyone in Sweden needing to bring the Intent to Marry once again. My application took almost a year so I brought an updated one just in case and they didn't ask for it.

I would wait to schedule your appointment until you have the affidavit as depending on who you sent it with it might get lost on the way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Nice. got a email as the "agent" for the IV Fee :)

Cool, now thats done also, it´s "only" the paperwork left for now.

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Timeline

Is there anyone where who is (or has been) in the same situation as my hubby and I that both the petitioner and beneficiary are living abroad? I have a question about the I-864 when it comes to my husbands income. He has been living with me in Sweden and he has made money here, Sweden don't have w2s. We have have sent 1040+2555-EZ for 2012-2014 just a few weeks ago because we didn't know he had to file taxes. At the moment the only proof of filing taxes are the copies we took. I've asked in the forum if we should put 0 as income and I was accused of trying to commit fraud, lying and so on but now I finally found my source under part 6: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Which procedure is correct: put 0 or his foreign income? Do we send in copies of the 1044+2555-EZ and write a letter saying there are no tax transcripts because it's not been that long since we sent in the papers or do we send the employment letter stating his income will end when we move back to the US? We have a joint sponsor who is sending us everything that they ask for in the AOS/IV cover sheet.

Thanks guys for all your help :)

Hi!

We did the same process just a month or two back. Both of us where living in Sweden so no US income for years and had to make the I-864. I can tell you that in the end this I-864 was edited and reedited several times and we like ended up with 5 different version of the form until the right form was accepted. This is because different organisation like NVC and then the embassy will tell you and help you on how it should be. But think of I-864 as a form that is for all people that are applying and that is to establish that the applicant won't become a liability for the US government. The embassy will help you in having with the I-864 but to get help from them you first need to pass through NVC so you still need to try to get it right from the beginning.

1. You are not committing fraud in putting 0 zero because your husband hasn't made any money in US and that is what the I-864 is asking for... Specifically they ask for how much he will make in the future in the US and as he is not working there yet you can't say anything else than 0. (Bare in mind we put the swedish income and were later asked to submit a new form with 0 as income (and again even if my husband was earning money in sweden)

2. But in the tax return he will say he had this much of income in sweden and the tax return when done will say he owes 0 zero because he worked and payed taxes in another country.

3. So because income is 0 you guys need to show proof that you won't become a liability to the US. We did this with proof of assets. Does your husband own a house or apartment in his name? But it sound you will do this with a joint sponsor which is a perfect alternative (This is directly what the embassy said to us either joint sponsor or proof of assets)

You can send all you want to NVC as Letter of employment and so on as you mention, but think that you need to structure it so it is understandable. And as you are sending all of it for the joint sponsor you will just have dubble proof anyhow. My suggestion if you do this is in the cover letter state 1. A form I-864 1.B letter of employment 1.C Copies of sent Tax return 1.D Letter of employment end in sweden etc and then 2. A Joint Sponsor form I-864 2.B Letter of employment etc etc.

Basically what I am saying is send everything if you have it and think it will help prove that you will not become a financial liability to NVC but what is most importantly and what they will want is the pappers that you have a joint sponsor and all the papers from that person. Later perhaps the embassy will clarify and say that they only need the joint sponsor documents (that is what happened to us) as this is the most clear and logical path and thereby return all the document that do not support that statement.

OR submit I-864 with zero income for your husband but that you will have a joint sponsor in part 2, copies that you have made tax return and letter explaining you are waiting for the transcript and could send them in when they arrive (bare in mind NVC might ask you to wait and to send this document when is done but at least you have started the process) and a I-864 for your Joint sponsor and all the requested documents for this person as attachments.

Hope this helps! I know it is really hard to understand and believe me it is hard to explain too and to write a short explanation on what you should do and how. But I am not a lawyer asking for money, I'm just a person that went through the process and has her own experience and that is why I can only explain it to you in writing as if I was personally talking to you :thumbs:

FYI: I'm no longer at the website all the time as before so if you ask me something back it might take me some time to answer you back.

USCIS Petition

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

1 May 2015: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

12 May 2015: Received NOA1 by email, file routed to CSC

12 June 2015: Received NOA2 by email!!!

NVC Stage

2 July 2015: NVC received file

21 July 2015: NVC case number assigned and AOS invoice received

24 July 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent available and applied on webpage

26 July 2015: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on 28 July 2015)

6 August 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent Completed and Approved on phone with NVC, IV bill invoiced

13 August 2015: Paid IV bill Again (payment portal showed PAID on 17 August 2015, (payment portal showed REJECTED on 11 August 2015

15 August 2015: Sent IV documents and AOS package together

17 August 2015: DS-260 Application for Immigrant Visa Available and completed

18 August 2015: Scan Date IV documents and AOS package

21 August 2015: Received Confirmation email of Scan Date

4 September 2015 : Case Completed at NVC (“3 N/A” on CEAC on 7 September, Confirmed with NVC 8 September )

15 September 2015 : Receive Instruction or Interview appointment letter

Embassy Stage

23 July 2015: Medical completed

14 October : Date Received By Consulate

19 October: CEAC Update/ Letter from Embassy Received pkt 4

26 October 2015 : Interview Day- Passed but need to send a NEW version of the Form I-864

30 October 2015: New Form I-864 Received by Embassy

3 November 2015 : CEAC Visa status - Issued :dancing:

4 november 2015: Visa in hand

5 November 2015: Payed Visa fee on ELIS

6 November 2015: POE YAY!!!

25 November 2015: Applied for replacement of SSN card at the local office

Timeline

Thank you so much for your thorough answer! :) I'm so thankful to get answers from those who have already been through this and know what's the right way to do it. I got a lot of mean answers before in the forum :/ I hate that form just because it can be used in many different cases, I wish that every case had its own specific form. We don't own property or have enough assets in the bank so we are using a joint sponsor. As soon as we get his papers from the US we are almost ready to send everything in. We just need to fill out the I-864 again, probably for the third time but this time correctly, and writer those cover letters :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi guys,

Our I-129F petition is already approved, but I won't be able to move to the US until mid-August for work reasons. So, I'm looking at doing the medical and my K-1 interview sometime in April/May. I have a few questions/concerns regarding that:

1) I know the petition will be expired at that point, but that the consulate most likely will re-validate it. I e-mailed them to confirm, and they actually requested me to send 3 (!) sworn statements about our relationship from friends/family in order to re-validate it when the time comes. Anyone else experienced this?

2) How early do they open up interview dates for K-1? Can I book my appointment now (for April or May?)

3) Same question for the medical in Oslo - how early can I book it - and do I need to know the interview date first?

Thanks so much :-)

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys,

Our I-129F petition is already approved, but I won't be able to move to the US until mid-August for work reasons. So, I'm looking at doing the medical and my K-1 interview sometime in April/May. I have a few questions/concerns regarding that:

1) I know the petition will be expired at that point, but that the consulate most likely will re-validate it. I e-mailed them to confirm, and they actually requested me to send 3 (!) sworn statements about our relationship from friends/family in order to re-validate it when the time comes. Anyone else experienced this?

2) How early do they open up interview dates for K-1? Can I book my appointment now (for April or May?)

3) Same question for the medical in Oslo - how early can I book it - and do I need to know the interview date first?

You need your case number from NVC before you can book it. When you have that you can book your medical and do the DS-160 and book your interview. I don't know if you can book that far out though Why not do the medical in early marts it will still give you time to move in august. You just have to enter 6 monts from your medical.

Timeline

You need your case number from NVC before you can book it. When you have that you can book your medical and do the DS-160 and book your interview. I don't know if you can book that far out though Why not do the medical in early marts it will still give you time to move in august. You just have to enter 6 monts from your medical.

Thanks so much for your quick response and suggestion to do the medical in March. I'll look into that. I'm gonna try to do a vacation in the US for Easter (late March), so can't do the interview until I'm back from that though. But having the medical done will sure be a help.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Timeline

Hi guys,

Doubt they have openings that far out. I have only seen two months out and that's been when first month was almost over.

Timeline

Doubt they have openings that far out. I have only seen two months out and that's been when first month was almost over.

Thanks, awesome with some "inside information"

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.