Bumbellina

Legal Advise Please Husband Abandoned Me

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
This is a sad situation indeed. One would think you married a Nigerian guy. In addition to getting a blood test after all that evidence of screwing around, you need legal advice. But the sponsorship contracts that were signed are enforceable no matter what.

just what I need, the gift that keeps giving. I've got my appointment for that tomorrow. I feel filthy, petty, and diminished.

Don't feel that way. If he trully deceived you from the outset, that's what would be the last piece of the plan falling into place for him. Hold your head high and keep looking forward. That is, after you send a letter to USCIS telling them of his abrupt departure. At the very least, he'll have a lot of explaining to do when he attempts to remove conditions, if the marriage ended within a month of receiving his GC.

Frankly, unless you have clear proof of fraud, and in writing, I'd just be darm sure he intends to Naturalize as soon as possible. That's the fastest way to get your sister off the hook.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I don't have any legal advice, just wishing you a quick recovery from a very hurtful situation. (F)

However, don't close yourself to other options in the future.

I tell you, next time, I marry someone already legally IN the country.

My ex husband also racked up a bunch of debt in our names then never paid me a penny, cheated on me, went to strip clubs, etc., and he was 100% full blooded American. My fiance is foreign and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Not all men are like this, but some are and it really doesn't matter where they come from. I wish you the best.

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you send me a Private Message I can connect you with my dear friend who was duped by a MENA man. Only her ex went so far as to make certain he had her pregnant before he showed his true colors. It seems he heard somewhere that having an America child would assure him residency here even if he bailed on the marriage shortly after it began. She now has a permanent reminder of this man.....

She lives in Texas where they don't have a really great "love" for MENA men anyway... so maybe that helped her get out of the situation... but she went to the USCIS and reported it as "fraud" and she had to sign a bunch of papers but they reversed her sponsorship... or so the story goes... She could tell you the details better than I.

I am truly sorry for your pain. I hope that you have not been harmed physically from his "adventures"! Such a scary thing in the Bay Area!

As for the plan to marry someone in the USA as a safe guard, even then BE CAREFUL. I did that after losing my husband of 8 years to deportation thinking I could avoid grief that way... Only to be used by this USC MENA man who wanted the help I gave him to relocate and become employed in his field of study after driving a cab in Chicago for 18 years.. One month after after he finished going back to school to "freshen up" his credentials (with loans from me and housing, food, ins. etc. for a year) He was (with my connections and support) able to get a job (starting at $25.00 an hour!) at my former employer, in his chosen field one month after he started the job, he told me he "wasn't happy" any more.... about 5 minutes after I found he had placed an ad on Yahoo Personals! (and found all kinds of user names on the chat log that were obviously female after I was gone for the weekend!)

Fortunately I wasn't his "sponsor" but it still was totally INFURIATING to know that he probably had planned this from the beginning! It was humiliating as well, considering he was working at my former employer. Never mind all the emotional issues and grief over the loss of what I thought was a PERFECT marriage... Maybe in hind sight it was a little TOO perfect.. we never fought... and now I know he had no reason to "sweat the small stuff"because he was a "short timer" from Day ONE.

Worst part is that we live in a small community so I can't escape from being reminded of this NIGHTMARE... running into him at Muslim/Egyptian Community events. :ranting:

Try to focus on the good (that might take awhile to do)... I have made a decision to be thankful that I still have his family (in Egypt). We became VERY close and nothing can take away the love I share with my ex-mother-in-law and his sisters. God will punish him for his sins and I know that justice will be served.

I wish you the best. I pray for a healing of your heart and for you to have peace in your soul. Hindsight is 20/20 nearly all of the time... so don't beat yourself up now... just learn from it and move on as soon as you turn him IN!

Hugz

This is a sad situation indeed. One would think you married a Nigerian guy. In addition to getting a blood test after all that evidence of screwing around, you need legal advice. But the sponsorship contracts that were signed are enforceable no matter what.

Men of different nationalities cheat. Why does it have to be a Nigerian? Cheating on ones spouse regardless of nationality is awful and should be condemned.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Wow, i feel realy soory for all that has happened to you!

From what you sayd here, he likes to go to prostitues and drive expensive cars...he's sleek, charming, i'm guessing very well groomed and appaers classy at first glipse. To me he seems like he's high maintenence, seeks wealty(er) wemen to depend on and suck dry(almost like a gigolo of some sort)His kind of lifestyle requires a lot of money, i mean, A LOT...If that is the case, he might not be satisfied with the amount of money he'd possibly get through the Affidavit of Support you and your sister signed. The amount(from what i know) he'd get is based on the povery level in California, and not on your income or your sister's. It is not that high, not high enough to pay for prostitues and eat at the same time. I don't know if you are aware, but he'd not be colecting those money directly from you(you not need to send him a check home every month)...it's the US goverment who might come to collect money from you and your sister for supporting his asz while unemplyed and on food stamps. I don't know...this guy just doesnt seem the tipe who'd go to the store with food stamps from the goverment.I might be wrong... Non the less, you need to protect yourself any way you can from scumbags like that. Unfortunately you can't withdraw the Affidavit of Support unless he becomes a citizen, dies or leaves this country and abandons his status(stay ouside the country for more than 6 months from what i know).

If i were you, i'd focus on regeining my peace of mind, working out of dept(which is shared between the paties at divorce) and gathering all the evidence against him. Inform USCIS, make them aware of what's going on and hope that he'll be denied when he'll apply to lift conditions.

Outside the point..i'm not trying to give you advice(god knows i've had my share of misgugements about men in my life and paths i took in life) but, one lesson i've learned real quick was not to dance infront of a man i like or furfill his fantasies unless its our wedding night or thereafter :star:

I realy hope things will turn out good! Best of luck to you

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

just what I need, the gift that keeps giving. I've got my appointment for that tomorrow. I feel filthy, petty, and diminished.

Don't feel that way. If he trully deceived you from the outset, that's what would be the last piece of the plan falling into place for him. Hold your head high and keep looking forward. That is, after you send a letter to USCIS telling them of his abrupt departure. At the very least, he'll have a lot of explaining to do when he attempts to remove conditions, if the marriage ended within a month of receiving his GC.

Frankly, unless you have clear proof of fraud, and in writing, I'd just be darm sure he intends to Naturalize as soon as possible. That's the fastest way to get your sister off the hook.

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I intend to inform the USCIS that he left with no forwarding address tomorrow, report my suspicions, get moved, then file for a divorce. That's a lot to do in a month, let alone a week. Thank you for your feedback.

Timeline
I don't have any legal advice, just wishing you a quick recovery from a very hurtful situation. (F)

My ex husband also racked up a bunch of debt in our names then never paid me a penny, cheated on me, went to strip clubs, etc., and he was 100% full blooded American. My fiance is foreign and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Not all men are like this, but some are and it really doesn't matter where they come from. I wish you the best.

I'm sorry to hear about your X husband, and thank you for the good wishes. I know jerks are not exclusive to any one country or culture, I'd just like to not have to endure the pain and suffering of going through the arduous K1 process again, on top of the rest of it. It took us a long time to get him here, I had to get my congress rep involved, and it was painful and frustrating and slow. I'm sure anyone who's been through the US embassy in Cairo could relate. It was supposed to be extra worth it in the end. Fate and Destiny and Intercontinental Romance and all that. Wow, it turned to hogwash pretty quick. In any event, thank you, and I'm very happy you are happy. Hold onto the good one.

Timeline
If you send me a Private Message I can connect you with my dear friend who was duped by a MENA man. Only her ex went so far as to make certain he had her pregnant before he showed his true colors. It seems he heard somewhere that having an America child would assure him residency here even if he bailed on the marriage shortly after it began. She now has a permanent reminder of this man.....

She lives in Texas where they don't have a really great "love" for MENA men anyway... so maybe that helped her get out of the situation... but she went to the USCIS and reported it as "fraud" and she had to sign a bunch of papers but they reversed her sponsorship... or so the story goes... She could tell you the details better than I.

I am truly sorry for your pain. I hope that you have not been harmed physically from his "adventures"! Such a scary thing in the Bay Area!

As for the plan to marry someone in the USA as a safe guard, even then BE CAREFUL. I did that after losing my husband of 8 years to deportation thinking I could avoid grief that way... Only to be used by this USC MENA man who wanted the help I gave him to relocate and become employed in his field of study after driving a cab in Chicago for 18 years.. One month after after he finished going back to school to "freshen up" his credentials (with loans from me and housing, food, ins. etc. for a year) He was (with my connections and support) able to get a job (starting at $25.00 an hour!) at my former employer, in his chosen field one month after he started the job, he told me he "wasn't happy" any more.... about 5 minutes after I found he had placed an ad on Yahoo Personals! (and found all kinds of user names on the chat log that were obviously female after I was gone for the weekend!)

Fortunately I wasn't his "sponsor" but it still was totally INFURIATING to know that he probably had planned this from the beginning! It was humiliating as well, considering he was working at my former employer. Never mind all the emotional issues and grief over the loss of what I thought was a PERFECT marriage... Maybe in hind sight it was a little TOO perfect.. we never fought... and now I know he had no reason to "sweat the small stuff"because he was a "short timer" from Day ONE.

Worst part is that we live in a small community so I can't escape from being reminded of this NIGHTMARE... running into him at Muslim/Egyptian Community events. :ranting:

Try to focus on the good (that might take awhile to do)... I have made a decision to be thankful that I still have his family (in Egypt). We became VERY close and nothing can take away the love I share with my ex-mother-in-law and his sisters. God will punish him for his sins and I know that justice will be served.

I wish you the best. I pray for a healing of your heart and for you to have peace in your soul. Hindsight is 20/20 nearly all of the time... so don't beat yourself up now... just learn from it and move on as soon as you turn him IN!

Hugz

Thank you so much. I may just take you up on that PM. I guess the best thing is, since I'll be moving out of the area, and I don't frequent massage parlours, I can probably avoid him, other than any interaction required to file a divorce. It's a good thing I know his work address, because he basically walked off and didn't tell me where. Of course I'm in no hurry to message him, as for now, I don't think any good will come of us talking. He would characteristically be mad AT ME because I caught him. He was already divorcing me, so catching him with his hand in the cookie jar just sped up his departure. The sad thing is that up until 24 hours ago, I still deeply loved him and was hurt beyond all belief. Now, I'm still hurt and reeling, trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life, but at least it's easier to let him go. Oh and yes, God will punish him. While he was gathering his things, the Qu'ran fell on him from it's stand high on the top shelf. I found that rather amusing myself.

A big concern is my family. They are going crazy. They really are afraid of the whole financial obligation thing and are more or less over reacting. I'm trying to calm them down, without defending him. It's not easy. I keep getting to-do lists from them, so I figured I'd come somewhere people go who have had similar experience. It's better, more relevant advice. I never thought I'd be posting that I think I got used, but that's exactly what I think. The capability of a "long con" from some of these men is mind boggling. This was planned in advance, and I wouldn't doubt he was coached through it by friends already here. Crazy stuff.

Timeline
Wow, i feel realy soory for all that has happened to you!

From what you sayd here, he likes to go to prostitues and drive expensive cars...he's sleek, charming, i'm guessing very well groomed and appaers classy at first glipse. To me he seems like he's high maintenence, seeks wealty(er) wemen to depend on and suck dry(almost like a gigolo of some sort)His kind of lifestyle requires a lot of money, i mean, A LOT...If that is the case, he might not be satisfied with the amount of money he'd possibly get through the Affidavit of Support you and your sister signed. The amount(from what i know) he'd get is based on the povery level in California, and not on your income or your sister's. It is not that high, not high enough to pay for prostitues and eat at the same time. I don't know if you are aware, but he'd not be colecting those money directly from you(you not need to send him a check home every month)...it's the US goverment who might come to collect money from you and your sister for supporting his asz while unemplyed and on food stamps. I don't know...this guy just doesnt seem the tipe who'd go to the store with food stamps from the goverment.I might be wrong... Non the less, you need to protect yourself any way you can from scumbags like that. Unfortunately you can't withdraw the Affidavit of Support unless he becomes a citizen, dies or leaves this country and abandons his status(stay ouside the country for more than 6 months from what i know).

If i were you, i'd focus on regeining my peace of mind, working out of dept(which is shared between the paties at divorce) and gathering all the evidence against him. Inform USCIS, make them aware of what's going on and hope that he'll be denied when he'll apply to lift conditions.

Outside the point..i'm not trying to give you advice(god knows i've had my share of misgugements about men in my life and paths i took in life) but, one lesson i've learned real quick was not to dance infront of a man i like or furfill his fantasies unless its our wedding night or thereafter :star:

I realy hope things will turn out good! Best of luck to you

Hi zila,

Thank you for the nice post and good advice. Yes, he is a flashy, live beyond his means kind of guy, but doesn't come off sleek, or like a player. He's very mellow. He knows how to work it, for sure. I can see plenty of people falling for his charm because he is so darn likeable and easy at first. I'm working on the debt, won't he be happy when he learns US divorce = half the debt. That's his half. I officially went into debt AFTER we married.

As for the advice, thank you :P I did not dance for him till we were married, and we rushed to get married once he got into the country because we wanted to have everything right in God's eyes. Out of curiosity, what types of things constitute evidence? I have print screens and call records and emails and things like that.

Timeline

Hugz

Thank you so much. I may just take you up on that PM. I guess the best thing is, since I'll be moving out of the area, and I don't frequent massage parlours, I can probably avoid him, other than any interaction required to file a divorce. It's a good thing I know his work address, because he basically walked off and didn't tell me where. Of course I'm in no hurry to message him, as for now, I don't think any good will come of us talking. He would characteristically be mad AT ME because I caught him. He was already divorcing me, so catching him with his hand in the cookie jar just sped up his departure. The sad thing is that up until 24 hours ago, I still deeply loved him and was hurt beyond all belief. Now, I'm still hurt and reeling, trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life, but at least it's easier to let him go. Oh and yes, God will punish him. While he was gathering his things, the Qu'ran fell on him from it's stand high on the top shelf. I found that rather amusing myself.

A big concern is my family. They are going crazy. They really are afraid of the whole financial obligation thing and are more or less over reacting. I'm trying to calm them down, without defending him. It's not easy. I keep getting to-do lists from them, so I figured I'd come somewhere people go who have had similar experience. It's better, more relevant advice. I never thought I'd be posting that I think I got used, but that's exactly what I think. The capability of a "long con" from some of these men is mind boggling. This was planned in advance, and I wouldn't doubt he was coached through it by friends already here. Crazy stuff.

I wanted to throw in: don't you just love these jerks that have miles long agendas? I love how we are to pay them to be in a position to go after lower lying fruit. I just chalk this up to I was a "starter wife" Now he can pay for someone young and cute and see how it feels when they leave for someone more distinguished. He's going to look real cute pushing that BMW because he can't afford to put gas in it :P

Oh my Lord, I could have sworn I wrote this, except it wasn't my ex husband, it was my boyfriend of 15 years (we lived together for 5). I'm STILL finding old letters from women he was with; meanwhile, I had only been with him. Took me forever to recover financially - he "never had any money", so guess who had to hold down the fort when it came to bills? LOL. And yep, 100% American born and raised, though I mention this because of the OP's statement - I believe there are good and bad apples anywhere, a bad one happened to rot off the branch and land on my head. To the OP - *hugs* and I feel you, girl. I felt dirty, used, stupid, disgusted, you name it. I NEVER thought I would love again, but life surprises you. Keep your head up, this too shall pass.

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
First off,

Hello all VJers. This is my first post, and it's a horrible note upon which to start. I've come here, read faithfully, and taken advice on a great many topics during my own visa journey, but never registered or posted until now. This forum gave me comfort and patience through the long arduous wait for my sweet, handsome, kind amazing man to get into the country, so we could finally get married and begin our life together. I read a lot of trauma and drama, but never felt compelled to participate. I heard some horror stories, too. Well, now it's all too real and I need some advice.

We were so happy and so in love, or at least I thought so. I visited him four times and spent hours chatting with him and emailing him and waiting. He promised me everything, promised to never hurt me, to be faithful, to never leave me, to always take care of me. He was handsome, charming, funny, intelligent, really easy going, blended in perfectly, spoke perfect, English, not even an accent. Had a way of putting everyone, self included, very much at ease. Was almost off putting because it often felt like he was born here and not from another culture, let alone from half way around the world. I was as happy as could be, it all seemed a fairy tail. We laughed, frolicked, played, flirted, just had so much fun and such a great connection. I danced for him, he loved it. He said all he cared about was if I was happy, . If I was happy he was happy. Just unreal. Now, looking back, I feel like big, fat, idiot for believing something that seemed so real and wonderful could really be true.

The Visa Journey was the easy part. Once he got here, there was no work, and I was not really prepared to support him for an extended period of unemployment. California is expensive, esp, the SF Bay area. I wasn't working when I filed the petition but had a fairly large reserve of cash, so family member co sponsored because of the tax return thing. This was temporary, as I soon had enough income to meet the guidelines. However, we all know nothing is "temporary" once the immigrant touches down on US soil. We got on well, but there were issues, I always felt something was wrong. He was secretive. He hid things from me. He minimized chat windows when I walked in the room, he went outside to take calls. He said he's private and he doesn't really know me well enough yet, so I tried to let it slide. I felt unease though. Through all the love, it seemed he spent an inordinate amount of time online, on social networking sites and chatting. Too much chatter not enough work. Well things progressed and the fairy tail started to wear off. We got in a few fights, but always kissed and made up afterward. At some point though (after our adjustment of status was filed, mind you) he began to withdraw from the marriage. He became more secretive. He never introduced me to any of his friends, never helped foster a relationship between his family and myself. I don't speak arabic, his mother does not speak english. Yet, he always passed along their love and regards to me, as I passed mine along to his family.

Meanwhile, he wasn't working and I was struggling to get a better job. The debt kept racking up. He already owed me for all the filings, lawyer fees, and a large loan as well. He never had money for his half of the bills, and this caused stress. I began noticing things. Suspicious new email accounts on his iphone, the fact he never listed himself married on facebook. That he had pictures in his profile that he marked private so I couldn't view. His excuse: I don't use facebook much so I shouldn't be "spying" on him. I began to get more and more suspicious of him. Something just wasn't right. After we had our AOS interview and he was approved, he got money to relocate us to the bay area. This made me nervous because it would be a much longer commute for me, and my income alone would not be enough to cover the higher overhead. He insisted. So we moved in December. He had already checked out of the marriage by then, but I was the last one to get the memo. Once we arrived, his 2 year card showed up about weeks later. He got a low paying job, and gave me a total of $400 dollars toward the last 8 months of bills. We began having worse fights, and he withdrew his affection. His eyes no longer followed me across the room. He demanded a divorce in the middle of a fight in Jan, but changed his mind when I left for two days. In Feb on the 15th we had another fight. He told me I wasn't keeping the house clean enough, I wasn't taking care of myself, and that I turned him off (mind you I was working full time the entire time). I took offense and called him an explicit name, with the word pig thrown in. Bad move, he is muslim though he does not practice, other than we observe ramadan. He again said he would divorce me. So it went. I promised to never call him a name in anger again and kept that promise. He didn't believe I could keep my promise, so he found something else to blame me for. He told me everything is all my fault and I'm a nag and a bad wife. I was still paying for him.

He finally got a job that would allow him to pay his share and begin to pay me back. At this point he was in debt to me over $25,000 and I was in debt as a result of it. We sat down and calculated the bills (the first time he really saw how much went in and out, and even then, I didn't include everything, so his share was $1300 a month and pay me back $500 a month on the back debt. This amount barely covered food, and had nothing built in for gas, auto insurance, tolls, misc, emergency, co-payments, the like. His job would yield $2400 take home per month. He decided in his infinite wisdom that since we would be working 24 miles away and I used the car for my job as an outside sales person that he would purchase or lease a car. He decided on leasing a 50,000 BMW that we could not afford. The payment alone was over $500 a month, not including insurance, gas or anything else. This was after he was going to get 10,000 from his family. He would not listen to me when I explained this was a very risky decision in this economy. Would not listen when I suggested something less expensive, but still nice. Told me it's none of my business. I could not let it go. As a result he said he would give me the 10,000 but he would take a job anywhere in the world and I was to follow him or not. Things escalated from there and he told me he's moving out at the end of March. We have a year lease which I cannot afford on my own. I dipped deep into my credit to make sure the roof was over our head, but he would not listen when I told him how hard it was. Would not discuss, just said he was going. Unlike before, I didn't beg him to stay. I said fine, you go. My family is coming to collect me, help me move all the big furniture and things I bought to furnish our home. He is moving out to go rent a room and in all likelihood not pay me anything he owes me. He can't handle being married or my debt. This is what he told me. The romance is gone. Has been since before we moved in December. The look in his eyes, gone. The desire to make me happy, gone. I tried REALLY hard to make sure we were taken care of and looked the other way anytime he fed me a line about what he was up to, why he was flirting with other people, why he didn't try to make me happy anymore.

It's a done deal. I have to sublet this apartment or I'm on the hook for an additional 20K. I can't stay, with my debt and the rent, I can't cover the overhead. My family who co sponsored him, loved and trusted him because he loved and cherished me is coming to collect me, 43 years old and pathetic.

Well it didn't end there. Last night I googled one of his user names or passwords he likes to use. The google search returned 7 hits on that name, all of which were posts at an exclusive adult entertainment site, specializing in massage parlours, escorts, call girls and the like. There is a feature where users can ask about one of these no doubt high caliber ladies and the services they provide. There is also a feature where a patron of said EXPENSIVE ladies can rate the lady on looks and "as a provider" it's a scale of 1-10. Lo, and behold, there was my sweeties screen name rating his experience with three of these ladies and inquiring about a few more. I didn't want to jump the gun, accuse him unfairly, so I dug around. I couldn't find any info on the user, however the particular ladies listed all had their contact information under the listings. I pulled our cell phone bills. Lo and behold the numbers for the three "escorts (I so want to call them what they really are)" were all on our phone bill. He had been he had seen he had his conquest.

I woke him and asked him to explain. He packed his bags and walked out. Said he will never return. The floodgates opened. He began seeing these women before we moved to the SF bay area. How many others there were I don't know. This is all I had numbers for. I don't want to know. I caught him lying in October about "flirting" which was basically contacting prostitutes and trying to get pictures, or so he said. He begged me to forgive him. Said it was an addiction, he would never do it again. Yet I found empty condom packs tucked into his brand new luggage. Luggage he didn't own before he became engaged and then married to me. He said they were probably his brothers. He obviously lied. I never could trust him completely, because I always felt something was wrong, and something always was. He has lied to his family saying he is paying rent and he has, to date, not done so. Yet any time they send him money to "ship" something, he has a hard time shipping it because he manages to spend the money. I wonder on what? It sure isn't on paying any bills in our household. He is clearly too immature to be married, or the logical, in your face, obvious answer: He USED ME FOR A CARD. I never wanted to say that, but a man who would go to a prostitute and completely disrespect his wedding vows, would have no qualms about having sex with a woman for a card. He said if that were true he would have left the minute he got it. Well, he didn't have a good job the minute he got it. He seems to have left pretty immediately after he got a good job though. It hasn't been two weeks since he got a better job. Not a great job, but a job I am sure will make him far more comfortable if he is renting a room and not paying back debt he wracked up. He is still going to buy the BMW as well, he lied about not getting it and using the down payment money to pay me back. He is flat out going to stick me.

So now the advice part. I'm going to divorce him as he asked for a divorce, but won't actually initiate the paperwork on his own. He walked out without leaving a forwarding address. He has a conditional green card for two years, it was issued Dec 23 and in hand in January. His first verified documented visit to a prostitute was December 2, 2008. He didn't throw around the D-word till the card was in hand. Me and a family member sponsored him to come into the country. He is here for two years at the very least, as we are not going to go to immigration and cry "he used me for a green card" unless of course there is some grounds for this. That he was using me all along is obvious. A man committed to his new marriage does not visit prostitutes when his wife willingly and lovingly satisfies him any time he desires. But a man who shuns his wife and spends money he doesn't have on prostitutes is pretty much liar and a con, not to mention someone with a problem.

The marriage is irretrievably broken at this point. I tired to talk with him, work it out, seek counseling, numerous times but he refused. It seems he went from prince charming to a monster overnight, but it was gradual. Yet he was lying the entire time.

What steps can my sister (the co sponsor) and I take to protect ourselves? Can he file to remove conditions on his own when the card expires and are we still responsible for him? What steps can we take(if any) to get taken off as sponsors if he files to remove conditions on his own? Can or should we report fraud or will it just look like a case of bitter betty to the immigration department? Are we just on the hook and naive idiots who got hoodwinked? Do we notify immigration that he is acting strangely and that he moved out of his residence in the middle of the night?

If you would like to make fun of me, tell me I told you so, it's cool. I believed him. Some things didn't feel right, which caused friction, but the bottom line here is, I am left wondering if what we had was real or not. He is VERY good. Charming. Sweet, so like able. Everyone likes him. But there was something foul in dodge from day one. Not including the dating sites he still logged into AFTER we were engaged, but he was waiting. Yes, I did snoop. There wasn't much to find, but I did find it.

What a welcome to the forum, eh?

In my honest opinion your marriage was dead from the start. You may have loved him very much but he never did. If he did he would never done this to you.. Love can blind a person to the truth so much that it makes you not want to see the facts in front of your face. You have what is the makings of a sham marriage with a monster. It is a blessing this has happened because in the end if you two stayed together he would have completely destroyed your life. I knjow you are hurting. and you feel you have lost everything but you will rebuild your life in time. Things do get better after the storm.

Now to the affidavite of support. If he has only his conditional greencard not sure so chekc but i believe you can retract your petition by writing USCIS stating the reasons. if you successfully retract it before you divorce then you would be free from all obligations to him. and he would have to go back to his country and destroy his own life.. I'm soo terribly sorry for what you are going through. But this man is a monster in the end would devour you. Move one rebuild and you will find love again.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Terribly sorry to hear about your grief, but telling us, and potential sponsors of such fellows, is a real public service as well as cathartic for you. Keep talking. It will help you heal, and warn others who are vulnerable to such swindle, as well.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

:ranting: I am so upset about your situation, unfortunately there are many men/women like that!. That guy is the typical "Don Juan Tenorio".

I wish you can get him out of the country FAST!, people like that don't deserve to be here, this country is only for hard working people that want to progress on their own.

Edited by Cuchita

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.