suggesttions for a new laptop

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Estimated on her budget she only has $400-$$500 can u buy a MAC with that price..?

Even the cheapest Mac will outperform the PC laptop.

No need to worry about crashes (almost never), and no worries for getting a CTD (computer transmitted disease); so you do not need to practice safe computing!

:star:

ticker.png

ticker.png

I've only owned three computers in my life, an iMac (bought when I was in college and when they still came in "flavors"), a Dell desktop and an HP Laptop. The iMac was more like a toy and didn't get used for more than email and writing papers for school. However, iMacs have come far since then and the new iMacs look very cool. The MacBooks are pretty good. My sister has one and she loves it. Can't say that I would consider buying one though. I'd rather pay a little more an get a MacBook Pro instead.

The Dell desktop is worthless. I hardly used it and I almost smashed it once because it pissed my off so much. But instead of smashing it, I gave it to my sister since she didn't have a computer. It's still working but she doesn't use it much so I guess it's fine for her.

My HP laptop is awesome! This thing has gone through hell and back and it shows it! The paint is fading away, it's got some chips, it's gone through several major repairs but it's still going strong. Yes it's starting to slow down a bit and it does frustrate me from time to time but I have never abused anything that I've owned more than my laptop. When I went in to Best Buy in 2002 I wanted to buy something that would replace my iMac. I just asked to give me the best computer they had. The offered me a Sony Vaio and an HP Pavillion ze5400. I chose the HP because it had all the necessary drives and plug ins that I needed. In retrospect I shouldn't have bought the one with all the drives since I never used the floppy disk drive (yeah, I know) but I'm glad that I bought this computer because it has definitely been worth the money.

I'll be in the market to buy a new computer soon and I'll definitely be considering getting another HP!

love1.jpg

My heart belongs to you!

Estimated on her budget she only has $400-$$500 can u buy a MAC with that price..?

Even the cheapest Mac will outperform the PC laptop.

No need to worry about crashes (almost never), and no worries for getting a CTD (computer transmitted disease); so you do not need to practice safe computing!

Only second hand I guess.

Too bad...

I've had my Powerbook G4 17" (my first and only Mac, a relic now....will be replacing it with the new one asap) since February 2005. I have tossed it around, on boats, planes, car rides, trains, hot to cold, dry to humid...the thing keeps on tickin'.

Amazes me to no end. A friend dropped it once...that was two years ago. It didn't work for a few days and then forgave me and restarted up like nothing had happened. Weird. Maybe energetic praying works. Hahaha!

Hal 9000 you make me laugh....thanks so much for that.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit