tigerfortune

Waiting for Interview in China

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I am new here. Here is my situation. I initially filed the marriage visa and not the fiance visa so I belive it is the CR-1 visa. I have gone through all the paperwork in the US and it has been sent to Guangzhou in middle of April 2006. It actually took 1 year to complete the US side of the paperwork. The US embassy has told my wife to go and get her finger prints which she is doing late June 2006. I am a US citizen.

Does anyone have any experience that can tell me how will it will take before they notify her to get the medical/physical examination? I have read and heard from people that once they tell you to get a physcial/medical examination the interview is about 2 weeks after. Is that true?

Also, can anyone that has experience tell me what questions are asked at the interview? Do I have to be there with my wife? Do they want to see proof of communication, proof of income, proof of medical coverage, etc.... Or do they just ask relationship type questions? I just want to make sure I have all the bases covered. It has been 425 days since I first started this process and IT IS WAY TOO LONG.

Thank You!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi, I am new here. Here is my situation. I initially filed the marriage visa and not the fiance visa so I belive it is the CR-1 visa. I have gone through all the paperwork in the US and it has been sent to Guangzhou in middle of April 2006. It actually took 1 year to complete the US side of the paperwork. The US embassy has told my wife to go and get her finger prints which she is doing late June 2006. I am a US citizen.

Does anyone have any experience that can tell me how will it will take before they notify her to get the medical/physical examination? I have read and heard from people that once they tell you to get a physcial/medical examination the interview is about 2 weeks after. Is that true?

Also, can anyone that has experience tell me what questions are asked at the interview? Do I have to be there with my wife? Do they want to see proof of communication, proof of income, proof of medical coverage, etc.... Or do they just ask relationship type questions? I just want to make sure I have all the bases covered. It has been 425 days since I first started this process and IT IS WAY TOO LONG.

Thank You!

For all I know, your wife will receive the appointment package from the Embassy. If the Embassy is scheduling the interview, you might not know unless you call or e-mail them. You could also call NVC and they might be able to tell you if they scheduled the interview before sending it to your country. I don't know about your country but it must not be that long. Good Luck!

Filed: Timeline

Once she gets the P4 package, it will contain various forms, including some for the medical exam... at that point, she should go to an authorized location and have the exam done, and get the necessary vaccinations. It's her choice when to time this inbetween the P4 and Interview.

If she lives near Beijing or Shanghai, there are approved locations; OTherwise most get it done a few days prior to the interview in Guangzhou.

You will not be allowed at the interview itself with her; she does it alone. They can ask various questions about the relationship, finances, and any past marriages or children usually draw some questions, and about communist party membership...

This year, CR1s are having a tougher time in delays and interviews.. best to be prepared as well as possible.

visit candleforlove.com and see some FAQs specific to GUZ, including the most frequent questions, what to bring and how to package it, etc...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.