sara.....

one year or + waiting

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Moved this thread to where it belongs: K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports since this is a discussion on how cases are progressing.

Sara, I cannot believe you are still experiencing this ridiculously long wait...I hope that you soon get your approval. You all have my respect and admiration for the strength and grace you have shown. I can't wait to read about your approval when it FINALLY arrives! :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara, I can't believe there are still palming you off with ridiculous answers. They just don't know what they are doing!

I think all VJ members should sign a "APPROVE SARA & PERVIS" petition & send it to the USCIS & The Whitehouse!

It might work!!

Seriously though...I hope you can find a solution to this mess. (F)

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sara, I understand how you feel...been waiting also for a year and the last time we called USCIS, they said they're gonna make referral, and told us to wait till the 180th day of the notice we received that our case is on AP/background check.if we dont hear anything after that, they said we call them back... the 180th day would be on april 29, we're thinking 1 month more to go and we'll hear result... unfortunately, my fiance (USC) received a letter yesterday (answer to the referral they were telling him when he called), stating that we have to wait for another 6 months..means, from today ( date of the letter ) to another 179 days!!! could u imagine that?????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Sara, I can't believe there are still palming you off with ridiculous answers. They just don't know what they are doing!

I think all VJ members should sign a "APPROVE SARA & PERVIS" petition & send it to the USCIS & The Whitehouse!

It might work!!

Seriously though...I hope you can find a solution to this mess. (F)

Show me where to sign! Maybe start a thread where we all put our names, then copy it and send it off. worth a shot!

Sorry Jaz33 for your wait too! :(

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

'morning everyone. Just hoping all of us One Year and Waiting Group is well. Yesterday marked 16 months for us, sigh. It gets

so depressing waiting for the mail - nothing. Checking emails every hour on the hour - nothing. I know it's going to happen as

soon as I just put it out of my mind and do not check everything every hour, but not sure when I can do that, lol.

So ya'll have a wonderful day for April's Fool Day.

Trudy

Timeline

Well after our case status online has not been touched since March 3, 2008, today it changed to April 3, 2009. No updated message, just that

it's been touched is all. Maybe the security/background log is starting to filter down and they can start dealing with our files again, please please.

Have a great day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i stopped by to offer my support to all of you.

. Happy :yes: that they worked on your file gorety. Im praying that you get good news soon

Well after our case status online has not been touched since March 3, 2008, today it changed to April 3, 2009. No updated message, just that

it's been touched is all. Maybe the security/background log is starting to filter down and they can start dealing with our files again, please please.

Have a great day!

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

I am so sorry guys you are still waiting... There is no justice in it at all...

Don't lose hope. Hopefully your approvals are just around the corner.

Good luck to you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Timeline

After one year we have now been touched - April 3 (Friday), April 5 (Sunday) and April 6 (Monday). Could it be the

infamous approval? Please let this mentally exhausting journey come to an end soon.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and here's to lots of approvals this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
After one year we have now been touched - April 3 (Friday), April 5 (Sunday) and April 6 (Monday). Could it be the

infamous approval? Please let this mentally exhausting journey come to an end soon.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and here's to lots of approvals this week.

oh im praying it is ur noa2!!!!!! (F)

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sara, I understand how you feel...been waiting also for a year and the last time we called USCIS, they said they're gonna make referral, and told us to wait till the 180th day of the notice we received that our case is on AP/background check.if we dont hear anything after that, they said we call them back... the 180th day would be on april 29, we're thinking 1 month more to go and we'll hear result... unfortunately, my fiance (USC) received a letter yesterday (answer to the referral they were telling him when he called), stating that we have to wait for another 6 months..means, from today ( date of the letter ) to another 179 days!!! could u imagine that?????????

yes sadly i do imagine that been thru it so many times i wish they would just get busy and approve all of us that have been waiting so long!!!!!!!! i will keep u in my prayers

sara

Timeline

Well here it is Thursday b4 Easter Weekend. Hopefully we will all get something in the mail box or by email. I am keeping my

fingers crossed and praying for all of us to have this part of the journey to come to an end.

Ya'll have a wonderful Easter and take lots of pictures to remember these days as good ones. We are all very lucky to be alive,

and looking forward always.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Last Friday, Good Friday, we received a letter that no decision would be reached until June 29, 2009. So much for all those

touches last week.

Hope everyone else one year plus receives better news.

Have a nice weekend.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Last Friday, Good Friday, we received a letter that no decision would be reached until June 29, 2009. So much for all those

touches last week.

Hope everyone else one year plus receives better news.

Have a nice weekend.

Sorry to hear that.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.