sara.....

one year or + waiting

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i spoke with my attorney today, he said that we should not be in security checks for so long, a k1 fiancee visa is an non immigrant visa, and according to the laws, only immigrant visas are subject of long securty checks. it's just so unfair what they are doing to us. here we are, waiting for this papers, while our other half is waiting half a world away suffering, anxiously waiting hoping that one day we can be together

we are also k1 non immigrant visa but ur attorney maybe more aggressive than some

sara

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Have any of you waiting for so long looked into refiling? How long is too long before you say Forget it, we're starting over!?!?

Sara, whatever happened to "we found your petition"???? I thought they were going to expedite your case and that was back in early Feb!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Timeline
Have any of you waiting for so long looked into refiling? How long is too long before you say Forget it, we're starting over!?!?

Sara, whatever happened to "we found your petition"???? I thought they were going to expedite your case and that was back in early Feb!!!

well we are at this point in time trying to find out cuz we sent the stuff in that they asked for and wrote on it exactly what the supervisor told us to....................... next phone call to them i made i was told your petition had been returned to us from the embassy for further investigation and i could not make that idiot understand it has never left csc so thats impossible

Edited by estadia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When a common name matches their database or records, they have to go into detailed records. Common names of people or distant relatives could raisea red flag or even the same surname or a known individual that belongs to a group they dont want in the US

i spoke with my attorney today, he said that we should not be in security checks for so long, a k1 fiancee visa is an non immigrant visa, and according to the laws, only immigrant visas are subject of long securty checks. it's just so unfair what they are doing to us. here we are, waiting for this papers, while our other half is waiting half a world away suffering, anxiously waiting hoping that one day we can be together

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Well I completely understand you cause I've been apart from my other half for 6 years, plus its been a year and a half since I don't visit him!. Saturday I'm flying to see him.

He missed our baby's birth :crying: but It was for her benefit and of course I don't have insurance in his country. So just stopped by to tell you you are not alone.

Well I wish you the best, and don't let this tear your relationship apart, especially when there are kids involved.

XOXO,

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline
Well I completely understand you cause I've been apart from my other half for 6 years, plus its been a year and a half since I don't visit him!. Saturday I'm flying to see him.

He missed our baby's birth :crying: but It was for her benefit and of course I don't have insurance in his country. So just stopped by to tell you you are not alone.

Well I wish you the best, and don't let this tear your relationship apart, especially when there are kids involved.

XOXO,

congratulations on the birth of ur child.....and im really happy to hear ur going to see ur guy have a great time and enjoy every minute of it i hope this process goes a lot faster for u know thats a lot of time to be apart

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Thank you Sara!, I admire your strenght!. (F)

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all. Just thought I'd say good morning. Finally getting some cooler temperatures and hopefully some rain.

All my veggies are growing nicely - crook neck squash, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, brocolli, rootabegas and

peppers and beets. Even my 1 inch oak tree has three new leaves on it, lol. Keep thinking of how lucky I am

to be able to be here in Texas and enjoy everything. Painting the interior the house and hanging out with my

mother-in-law to be is wonderful.

Of course hope to hear something about our approval soon, but try not to stress too much about the waiting.

How is everyone's day at your home? Hope all is wonderful.

Timeline

mornings!!!! here we have ice on the cars and is soooooooo cold but everyone is fine and trying to stay warm lol wish it was warm enough to start our garden i love the fresh veggies

sara

Hey all. Just thought I'd say good morning. Finally getting some cooler temperatures and hopefully some rain.

All my veggies are growing nicely - crook neck squash, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, brocolli, rootabegas and

peppers and beets. Even my 1 inch oak tree has three new leaves on it, lol. Keep thinking of how lucky I am

to be able to be here in Texas and enjoy everything. Painting the interior the house and hanging out with my

mother-in-law to be is wonderful.

Of course hope to hear something about our approval soon, but try not to stress too much about the waiting.

How is everyone's day at your home? Hope all is wonderful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our NOA2 recently after waiting for over a year. Hopefully that should give you guys some hope.

2007-11-30: I-129F received by CSC

2008-02-04: NOA1

2009-03-02: NOA2

2009-03-12: Received by NVC

2009-04-16: Sent to consulate

2009-05-23: Packet 3 received

Timeline

Good morning everyone. Well, it's Friday and I have a good feeling for those of us waiting and waiting. Let's keep our eyes open wide for that infamous email APPROVED!!. Or as many have experienced, no emails or touches, but VOILA it appears hard copy via snail mail.

Hang in there everyone - we too shall be jumping up and down with joy soon.

ttfn

Timeline
Good morning everyone. Well, it's Friday and I have a good feeling for those of us waiting and waiting. Let's keep our eyes open wide for that infamous email APPROVED!!. Or as many have experienced, no emails or touches, but VOILA it appears hard copy via snail mail.

Hang in there everyone - we too shall be jumping up and down with joy soon.

ttfn

would be a miracle and one i truly hope happens to everyone waiting

sara

Edited by estadia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can't say that I know how those of you who have waited this long feel. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I hope you are all reunited with your loved ones soon (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Received a letter today from the Supervisor of the Customer Service Office. They "understand" our frustration and concern and are looking into our case. Whoohoo. Background invesitgation Fact Sheet was included to advise how they are trying to help thousands of petitions that are backlogged. Well, at least we have not been denied, lost or otherwise on someone's desk who doesn't know what to do with the file, lol.

Have a wonderful weekend. Remember that we love our SOs, miss them and this is and will continue to be worth all the emotional stress of missing them. Besides, they treat us and we treat them like honeymooners every time we get 2gether :luv::luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.