rebeccajo

What's the point

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh, pardon me...I assume when someone says that something gets on their nerves, that they are unhappy and irritated by something - but if "gets on my nerves" is something positive for you, then by all means! Have a great night! :rolleyes:

Filed: Other Timeline
Okay, is there a point to this????

"When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left."

Winnie the Pooh

Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Probably not...so why would I create a thread and make an issue out of it??? Should I start one? And complain that it's not necessary for adults to quote cartoon characters??? :wacko:

Pooh didn't start out as a cartoon character.

In case you didn't know that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
"If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out,be patient" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes..come talk to me.

Thanks!"

....and this.........

"WARNING: I HATE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS AND WILL FREQUENTLY STATE MY OPINION ON THIS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THIS, PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POSTS. :)"

000201FE.gif

I am quite surprised and disappointed to see a MEMBER, ORGANIZER post irrelavant threads like this

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

The point is to say, have some sympathy and sensitivity to people who waited WAY longer than you

what is the point of making a thread to post someones signature?

I don't know.

Maybe it gets on my nerves.

maybe you should let little things like that go instead of starting threads to start trouble, just a thought

Maybe it shouldn't matter how long any of us waited?

what is your problem exactly? something "gets on your nerves" so you make a thread about it and single me out? you have already done that elsewhere.

Ooops, my bad for being able to read.

Wasn't that what you wanted people to do when you put it in your signature? Read it?

I asked people to make a thread to start a fight? no, i dont think i said that anywhere. :wacko:

again, what is your problem?

p.s- you HAVENT walked a mile in those shoes, so i dont remeber inviting you to "come talk to me" :D

Hey all I did was read your signature.

I didn't realize I had to have a hand-engraved invitation to read it.

"If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out,be patient" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes..come talk to me.

Thanks!"

....and this.........

"WARNING: I HATE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS AND WILL FREQUENTLY STATE MY OPINION ON THIS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THIS, PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POSTS. :)"

000201FE.gif

I am quite surprised and disappointed to see a MEMBER, ORGANIZER post irrelavant threads like this

Well, I don't think it's irrelevant.

But then you have to have an understanding that the website is supposed to be more than a cesspool.

I'm sorry, I didn't spend my life educating myself on cartoon characters or any characters called Pooh.

It's called English Literature.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I just thought I should point out that the fine folks who set up IP Boards were kind enough to include an option which will allow registered users to disable viewing of signatures on a forum. Simply click on "My Controls" (near the top right corner), then select "Board Settings" (it's near the bottom under the header "Options"). The first option reads "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" To the right of that is a drop-down box where you can select "Yes" or "No". If someone finds another's signature to be offensive for whatever reason, I would recommend this feature. I think it's a more effective method than creating a thread with the purpose of questioning someone's signature.

For the record, my signature has no "point" to it. But if someone had a question about it, I'd expect them to maybe shoot me a PM to ask, rather than start an entire thread about it.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I just thought I should point out that the fine folks who set up IP Boards were kind enough to include an option which will allow registered users to disable viewing of signatures on a forum. Simply click on "My Controls" (near the top right corner), then select "Board Settings" (it's near the bottom under the header "Options"). The first option reads "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" To the right of that is a drop-down box where you can select "Yes" or "No". If someone finds another's signature to be offensive for whatever reason, I would recommend this feature. I think it's a more effective method than creating a thread with the purpose of questioning someone's signature.

For the record, my signature has no "point" to it. But if someone had a question about it, I'd expect them to maybe shoot me a PM to ask, rather than start an entire thread about it.

Yeah, I used to have signatures turned off. For quite a while. I turned them back on a couple of months ago to see something I was told was funny. Probably should have turned them back off after I viewed the fun stuff.

*sigh*

I'm sure I went about this the wrong way. I just really don't understand why it has to matter how long someone waits around here. It literally gets used against people if you HAVE NOT waited a long time.

I see the signature as another reminder of that.

Annoys me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, I used to have signatures turned off. For quite a while. I turned them back on a couple of months ago to see something I was told was funny. Probably should have turned them back off after I viewed the fun stuff.

*sigh*

I'm sure I went about this the wrong way. I just really don't understand why it has to matter how long someone waits around here. It literally gets used against people if you HAVE NOT waited a long time.

I see the signature as another reminder of that.

Annoys me.

It pretty transparent as to why you went about it this way.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

It pretty transparent as to why you went about it this way.

Lisa -

Ask around. I don't usually do PM's. Better to get things out in the open, I think.

And yeah - it's transparent. If you can read what I wrote, that's about as transparent as it gets.

Nothing more and nothing less. No hidden agendas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks!"

....and this.........

Seriously Rebecca. Why would you even start a thread like this? I really don't see the point. Are you asking for some kind of change, or just bi1tching?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!