Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this post might get me hung but......

if you go to iraq ( not all cases but) you wait like 30 days maybe....

i sometimes wish i joined the military bc my princesa would be here already!

:blush:

Hey, they make a lot of sacrifices to serve our country, it doesn't bother me a bit to step aside and let them move to the front of the line.

What I can't figure out is how some people (not many, but some) get approved in 3 weeks, yet after nearly 4 months our file hasn't even had a touch—even after my congressman's office inquired about our case. Things sorely need to change at USCIS in general and VSC in particular.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

this post might get me hung but......

if you go to iraq ( not all cases but) you wait like 30 days maybe....

i sometimes wish i joined the military bc my princesa would be here already!

:blush:

yes, they may get their expedites but they wont be there with their spouses for long; id rather wait a few more weeks than have my fiance deployed anywhere lol he had been deployed n afghanistan back then and said he doesnt wanna do that ever again; well neither do i :)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good morning David. Keep fighting the good fight and things will work out as they should. Hope you have a great weekend.

Next week should be the week for March filers. I'll be checking frequently and I'm sure we all will - that is, except Missy. She might have a few "other things" going on.

hello! how are you? do you know if anybody from the march 2009 vsc filers got their NOA2 already?

MY TIMELINE

MARCH 10, 2009 - I-129F MAILED TO VSC

MARCH 24, 2099 - NOA1 RECEIVED

SEPTEMBER 1 2009 - RFE RECEIVED

SEPTEMBER 2 2009 - RFE SENT

SEPTEMBER 21 2009-I-129F APPROVED

JANUARY 16, 2010- ARRIVED IN ORLANDO FLORIDA

APRIL 5, 2010 - GETTING MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Good morning David. Keep fighting the good fight and things will work out as they should. Hope you have a great weekend.

Next week should be the week for March filers. I'll be checking frequently and I'm sure we all will - that is, except Missy. She might have a few "other things" going on.

hello! how are you? do you know if anybody from the march 2009 vsc filers got their NOA2 already?

Hello... Not that I know of but I would suspect that this week they start approving March filers. Just my opinion mind you.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

OK...now I´ll open my mouth finally..... been waiting and waiting and guess what?

I want my visa now!!!!!!!!! It´s sooooooo frustrating to wait..... :blink::wacko::angry:

Things could really start rolling in Vermont.... blaaaah!

I´m just so afraid that I´m the one who´s papers are going to be under the pile that´s not checked at all for months and months.... :unsure:

But hey.... I´m not the only one in this situation.... hugs to you all!

Lets keep hoping :whistle:

-Jenny

03-18-2009: NOA1

03-25-2009: touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
OK...now I´ll open my mouth finally..... been waiting and waiting and guess what?

I want my visa now!!!!!!!!! It´s sooooooo frustrating to wait..... :blink::wacko::angry:

I´m just so afraid that I´m the one who´s papers are going to be under the pile that´s not checked at all for months and months.... :unsure:

-Jenny

I wouldn't worry about things that havent happened yet... I know you didn't ask for advice... but if I may be so bold... worry about the things you can do something about.. and in the here and now.... We have all waited and endured, what I think is the worst, of this process... and the end is near. :)

Hugs back Jenny

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Good morning everyone! I guess ya'll all know what today is, right??? :dance::dance::dance::dance:

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

UPDATE!

I called my congressman's office this morning to see if they'd received this letter and if they were taking any of the steps I asked for. I spoke with the immigration caseworker, who said that she had read my letter—and that she had a call in to USCIS to inquire about transferring my petition to CSC! She hastened to remind me that they couldn't force USCIS to act, and that the agency reserves the right to take up to 120 days to respond to a congress member's inquiry—but just the fact that the request is on the table is enough to make my Monday a little brighter. :)

My reply to my congressman's letter relating USCIS's utterly inadequate "response" to his office's inquiry:

Dear Representative:

I have received your letter of July 9 regarding the status of my I-129F petition as reported to your office by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. I am grateful to you and your staff for your efforts to advocate with USCIS on my behalf thus far. Nevertheless, I still have significant concerns regarding USCIS's response.

First, the statement that USCIS is currently processing I-129F petitions received on or before November 28, 2008 is no different than the information posted on the agency's website—and is only current as of April 30, over two months ago. Further, USCIS's online case status system indicates a "Last Updated" date of April 1. These updates are commonly referred to as "touches," as this data is supposed to be updated whenever a USCIS adjudicator touches the file, even just to move it from one desk to another. The fact that this date was not updated subsequent to your office's inquiry strongly suggests that USCIS did not even bother to check the actual file. Based on this perfunctory—if not outright dismissive—response from USCIS to your office's inquiry, it would appear that the agency does not consider itself accountable to elected Members of Congress, much less the United States citizens the agency purports to serve (and whose taxes provide its budget and salaries). This is simply unacceptable.

Moreover, according to your letter, "… the USCIS must follow all U.S. Laws and regulations related to adjudicating visa and immigration cases." In our phone conversation of July 13, your staffer Betty Lou elaborated on this point, stating that USCIS adjudicates cases in the order they are received. This is simply not the case. I am personally aware of at least two I-129F petitions filed in May that have already been approved. I understand that certain circumstances (e.g., impending military deployment of the U.S. citizen petitioner) qualify petitions for expedited processing; no such circumstances applied to these two cases, however. While USCIS may claim to adhere to a fair and reasonable "first in, first out" policy, in reality the process is by all appearances arbitrary, capricious, and accountable to no one. Once again, this is not acceptable.

In light of the above concerns, I respectfully renew my request that you intervene with USCIS on my behalf—if not to directly expedite the adjudication of my petition per se, then at minimum to transfer it to the California Service Center, which is currently approving petitions filed in March on a daily basis. Considering USCIS's arbitrary, capricious, and opaque standards for determining the order of processing, and the agency's dismissive and disrespectful response to your office's initial inquiry, I believe this request to be eminently fair and reasonable. By aggressively pursuing the remedy outlined above, you will assert appropriate oversight and supervision of an executive branch agency that has hitherto demonstrated a lack of respect and accountability to the legislature; moreover, you will secure fair and equitable treatment for a constituent who is currently inequitably served by USCIS.

Once again, I thank you for the efforts that you and your staff have devoted to this matter thus far; despite USCIS's unsatisfactory response to this point, I remain hopeful that your office can intervene to bring a fair and expeditious resolution to my case. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information.

Respectfully,

(me)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Good morning everyone! I guess ya'll all know what today is, right??? :dance::dance::dance::dance:

ooohh even i am excited for you :) i bet you were too excited and got up early too :)

i know i wish too see my boo  :crying:  

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

-Jenny

i know how you feel.. im on march 2 and i dont know why we're still not hearing anything :(

and im scared what if ours got dumped somewhere under other files  :crying::crying:

it's been ages already we neeeeeedddddd the NOA2

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks Rich!! I am WAY excited!

Stephen + Elisha - I am happy if you are happy but I am curious about why you want to be transferred to California. If they do that, wouldn't that place you at the back of their line out there? I wonder how that really works.....if a California case was transferred to Vermont, do they just put them in line ahead of us??

I hope it works out for you, no matter what happens!!

Okay guys, I'll be checking in some but not nearly as much as usual! All of you take care and know I'll be thinking about you!

mmmmwwwwwaaaaahhhh!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

missmissy, I would think (hope) that the case would be prioritized by NOA1 date, and since California is well into March filings already, ours should/could/would be at the top of the stack.

Who knows if anything will come of it? To be honest, I doubt they'll agree to transfer it. I'll be happy if it just gets them to actually touch the file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

No NOA2 news at the start of the week then? :-( Hopefully it picks up the pace soon. Not too much has happened recently, only looking up from here ;-)

Cool news though Stephen + Elisha! I'm not sure if I would want my case transferred over though. We've already come so far. Though if it works out faster, that would be great for you!

Sometimes we just want to see the "touch". Been 4+ months with no update on the USCIS site. Soon though, whatever soon it ;-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.