Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, this is disappointing...

When I got home from work yesterday, I had a letter from my congressman waiting for me. I eagerly opened it, only to find the following inside:

On your behalf, my office contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and asked them to please provide us with a status update on your case. We also requested that they keep us informed of progress made in this matter. My office received a response to our inquiry notifying us that USCIS records indicate that your I-129F petition was received on March 27, 2009. The USCIS is currently processing I-129F petitions received on or before November 28, 2008.

The USCIS noted that it is impossible to predict how long it will take before the processing is complete. They will contact you directly as soon as the process is complete or if they require additional information.

I understand that this must be very difficult for you, however the USCIS must follow all U.S. Laws and regulations related to adjudicating visa and immigration cases. Although this information is not as complete as we had wanted, I hope you will find this information helpful.

So in response to a Congressman's inquiry, USCIS provides no information beyond what could be found on their website. CRIS indicates no "touches," so most likely they didn't even bother pulling the file to check the status. INFURIATING!

That is pretty ####### really. :/

November 28th? Seriously?

I wonder...how hard is it to hire a few extra people to expedite jobs? I would love to be a caseworker. I would be a speedy one too! Grr.

This whole process has really made me start thinking about looking into just becoming a UK citizen and moving to Scotland. I can bet that it's much much easier than all this hooplah.

I get so frustrated at the U.S. It really isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes.

Apologies for my bad attitude. I just got back from the airport. Having to say goodbye has to be one of the most painful things I've ever done in my life.

Each day that passes is another day closer at least.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
this is ridiculous. While those people at VSC where taking holidays in December, they forgot to work on many December approvals. All this process is just stupid. I am really sick and tired of waiting for the uncertainty of the fact happening. One thing is to wait for Friday knowing that today is monday, and then tuesday and wednesday, and thursday and then finally friday. But with this you do not know when your friday will come.

They should pay us for all this wait, instead this costs also like 2k $...

I would agree with the wait being ridiculous... but I would disagree with the uncertainty part of your statement... for us that are in real relations, I do not feel there is any uncertainty... (although, technically, there is some)... But this is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it... So, personally, I just try to accept it... prepare and know that for me, it is well worth the wait.

Missy, nobody is going to throw stuff at you :) And if they do, Stan will protect you! right Stan? :)

well as per the last post: "The USCIS noted that it is impossible to predict how long it will take before the processing is complete. They will contact you directly as soon as the process is complete or if they require additional information."

The USCIS is giving uncertainties. There are people that do not have that much money to be able to go through this uncertainty. Somebody would say: No money no honey. So then it means you can only love if you have money?

Moreover, because we are they real thing this wait is ridiculous. I have not committed any crimes and I have to wait like an inmate to see my loved one. The freedom to see my loved one.

There are people waiting for over a year in here. This out of the world. This thing should take at most 2 months. I would just make it more difficult, requesting more paperwork right from the start. Maybe even increasing the fees, but all this, in exchange for speed. I am sure that at least 20%(if not more) of the people applying are fake relationships. If they had stronger rules from the beginning, then it would reduce the applications from fake relationships.

I am not giving up on her, as if this stupid thing does not work, she can just come here. The issue is that there are material things that need to be taking care of,like new rent/own house, cars, jobs, marriage(the material part), etc etc etc. With this uncertainty is very difficult to plan anything.

I am reading November 28th, everywhere. It seems that they are really working from that date, and that our wait will be much longer than expected.

This is our lives they are playing with. So for me this wait is ridiculous, unnecessary, and way out of line.

Yes the wait is unreal... but we are almost there... the November date is just the 'official' date... we all know that over 50% of the February filers are approved... so our time is getting very near. But VENT away! it helps

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know, everytime the date gets close (to what it says on my timeline) I check it again a couple of days later and it seems to be pushed out even further. It is so frustrating b/c you think...ok this week I will hear something b/c of what my timeline says.

And there are people out there that are having those "marriages" but paying people big bucks(around $10k) to do it. So to them all the fees are probably nothing to them if they can pay that.

And I have come to look at people who have their residency or citizenships that are from other countries and just taking advantage of the government or lazy etc and it makes me so mad b/c there are people who deserve to be here. Maybe I am just being biased

It's just one of those days for me I guess.

I'm just frustrated, angry and am praying for more patience.

Edited by delci06

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-04

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 08/13/2009

NVC Received : 08/18/2009

NVC Left : 08/19/2009

Consulate Received : 08/24/2009

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 09/22/09 needs waiver

Visa Received :

US Entry : 7/28/2012

Marriage :09/25/2012

AOS

Sent AOS Paperwork: 11/09/2012

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline
I know, everytime the date gets close (to what it says on my timeline) I check it again a couple of days later and it seems to be pushed out even further. It is so frustrating b/c you think...ok this week I will hear something b/c of what my timeline says.

And there are people out there that are having those "marriages" but paying people big bucks(around $10k) to do it. So to them all the fees are probably nothing to them if they can pay that.

And I have come to look at people who have their residency or citizenships that are from other countries and just taking advantage of the government or lazy etc and it makes me so mad b/c there are people who deserve to be here. Maybe I am just being biased

It is frustrating... I understand.. yesterday (for example) there were 4 approvals I had moved those 4 spots on that silly list and then BOOM I wake up this morning and I was right back to where I started from, 4 new people joined :)

The estimates will start moving in the right direction again.... patience.... the worst part is behind us... really it is :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hear you, I totally do. Had some approvals yesterday and my number on Berkeley dropped to 188. Open it this morning, and I'm back to 192. Insane.

We are indeed close. But I think that makes it more difficult in a way. Hang in there. We should see approvals soon.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

well the good thing, is that we can associate with people that are going through the same journey. I now understand more the website name.

I can vent outside of this forum, but outsiders do not even know what this journey is....

Let's see if we can get our first march approval, since the one we got was february one...

(L)

Then

USCIS :devil:

Then

:crying:

Then

:dance:

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline
well the good thing, is that we can associate with people that are going through the same journey. I now understand more the website name.

I can vent outside of this forum, but outsiders do not even know what this journey is....

Let's see if we can get our first march approval, since the one we got was february one...

(L)

Then

Then

Then

smiley_emoticons_aufsmaul.gif here use this and clobber the VSC :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

The maddening thing about this is how arbitrary it all is.

Live in the right state (i.e., CSC filer), and you get approved a month or more faster? Ridiculous. They should be doing all I-129Fs at one service center, subject to the same policies, applied uniformly.

Even at VSC, the two best adjectives to describe the process are "arbitrary" and "capricious." They claim to process cases in the order they're received—nonsense! A couple weeks ago, they approved a May filer. Not a military expedite, just pure dumb luck. Fantastic for that couple, but so discouraging for those who have been waiting since March or even longer. On the other hand, they're now going back and approving a number of December and January cases, seemingly putting February (and March) on the back burner. Again, so discouraging.

And the arrogance! Not even bothering to touch the file to respond to a congressman's inquiry. :ranting:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The maddening thing about this is how arbitrary it all is.

Live in the right state (i.e., CSC filer), and you get approved a month or more faster? Ridiculous. They should be doing all I-129Fs at one service center, subject to the same policies, applied uniformly.

Even at VSC, the two best adjectives to describe the process are "arbitrary" and "capricious." They claim to process cases in the order they're received—nonsense! A couple weeks ago, they approved a May filer. Not a military expedite, just pure dumb luck. Fantastic for that couple, but so discouraging for those who have been waiting since March or even longer. On the other hand, they're now going back and approving a number of December and January cases, seemingly putting February (and March) on the back burner. Again, so discouraging.

And the arrogance! Not even bothering to touch the file to respond to a congressman's inquiry. :ranting:

Yes, I think the fact that a congressional aide can get no better response is more than simply frustrating. We can't hold USCIS accountable, but we can hold our elected officials accountable (albeit to a limited, one-vote extent). If they can't get better information than that, it's only because they don't demand better information. They hold the purse-strings for USCIS. Not everything is fee-for-service and they depend on their budget.

I don't plan on contacting my representatives anytime soon, since I'm still well inside of 6 (or even 5) months. But if I do and get that response, I will point out that the date on the website is as of the end of April. So if they are quoting that, the person either doesn't know what he/she is talking about, or is being disingenuous. Maybe if they realized that they too are getting the run-around, they'd require more transparency.

But doubtful. They're too busy arguing about an immigration reform measure that could give amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. No time to work with us who are following the letter of the law.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline

It is frustrating... I understand.. yesterday (for example) there were 4 approvals I had moved those 4 spots on that silly list and then BOOM I wake up this morning and I was right back to where I started from, 4 new people joined :)

The estimates will start moving in the right direction again.... patience.... the worst part is behind us... really it is :)

I know I think of how far we have come and wonder why all of a sudden I feel this way.

I'm just trying to keep myself occupied

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Visa Received :

AOS

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline

I hear you, I totally do. Had some approvals yesterday and my number on Berkeley dropped to 188. Open it this morning, and I'm back to 192. Insane.

We are indeed close. But I think that makes it more difficult in a way. Hang in there. We should see approvals soon.

That does make it more difficult. It's kinda like dangling a carrot on a string in front of a rabbit. Everytime the rabbit gets close to the carrot you pull it away :D

I'll go work out today b/c I didn't go all last week.

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Visa Received :

AOS

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline

(L)

Then

Then

Then

Exactly!!!!

Not even my family understands. They think they do, especially my father.

He thinks it is a bad idea for me to go and visit my SO b/c I should be saving that money for the trip to Juarez. But when I told my SO that I probably wouldn't go I heard his need to see me in his voice. He has never sounded like that. How can I ignore that and not go and see him when we already had it planned.

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Visa Received :

AOS

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

I'm glad that the CSC is going so quickly, but I don't understand how the VSC can be this behind. Really...3 months back from the CSC? What's going on there. At the very least, we can be happy that many that are going through the same experience as us are getting approved daily! They just didn't have to wait as long as us ;-). We'll be there soon enough, and it'll be a great feeling seeing our March brothers and sisters getting approved. It won't be long now, keep the faith :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi everyone!

its been a long time since ive came on.

update on my fiance is ex fiance.

sunday she had told me she had gotten a really good

translation job in fortaleza,brazil and she

didnt want to move to the usa and leave everything and everyone.

:angry:

i did all i could to make it work but she wasnt helping out any.

she chose money and work over her "soulmate" and person she cant live without.

HA

im not going to cancel it bc i wanna know how long it wouldve took for the NOA2

but she will get it in her mail and probably throw it out.

thanks to everyone, your advise helped me alot ,

AT LEAST I CANT SAY I DIDNT TRY!!

Carpe Diem

seize the day becuase you never know when your life will be flip flopped!

tchau!

david wilkerson ( no more Rebeca cavalcante barbosa)

it must not of meant to be :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.