Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hypothetically speaking...

If we don't get our NOA2's until August- that probably means an October wedding is out of the question?

Thoughts?

I guess it means when in August the NOA2 arrives and when in October......

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

What do you think the time line is after we get the NOA2 for US - Denmark? How long do you think it's going to take to get that stamp in the passport AFTER we receive the NOA2?

If we don't get our NOA2's until August- that probably means an October wedding is out of the question?

Thoughts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
What do you think the time line is after we get the NOA2 for US - Denmark? How long do you think it's going to take to get that stamp in the passport AFTER we receive the NOA2?

Thoughts?

Melanne,

I can only answer this as it relates to the US Embassy in Warsaw, since that is the one we are using and once the file leaves the USCIS it goes to the NVC and then on to the Embassy. Once the Embassy receives it, in Warsaw it takes approximately 2 months to get packet 3 and the interview. To shorten that time, we are getting everything ready for packet 3 now... so we hope, that we can take maybe 1 month off this process.... we'll see.

Richard

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Thoughts?

Melanne,

I can only answer this as it relates to the US Embassy in Warsaw, since that is the one we are using and once the file leaves the USCIS it goes to the NVC and then on to the Embassy. Once the Embassy receives it, in Warsaw it takes approximately 2 months to get packet 3 and the interview. To shorten that time, we are getting everything ready for packet 3 now... so we hope, that we can take maybe 1 month off this process.... we'll see.

Richard

Here is the link to the Denmark section of Igor's list... or at least I hope it is. Denmark Numbers it looks like from NOA2 to interview has been averaging 78 days.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whoa.....lot's of chit-chat here. My eyes are really tired. Just joined up and moving most of you to the right but............well, 6 months is short based on my past experiences dealing with the USCIS.

Timeline
Whoa.....lot's of chit-chat here. My eyes are really tired. Just joined up and moving most of you to the right but............well, 6 months is short based on my past experiences dealing with the USCIS.

Whoa yourself and welcome! What do you mean "past experience" Just curious.

Timeline

A previous application that took about 3 years and USCIS and lawyers messing up everywhere possible. It's a lot fast than it used to be!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you for looking up the Denmark numbers.

So, just to clarify, because all of this is so confusing! :)

- we get noa2 in mail

-lawyer receives packet 3 sends it to denmark/my fiance

-i give my fiance packet 3 stuff (letters, copy of 1-129 packet, etc.)

-then it takes 78 days after he gets the packet 3 till he gets the stamp?

Thoughts?

Melanne,

Richard

Missy,

you said that your fiance re-registered himself at the embassy in denmark so he is the agent. how did he do this? why did you decide to do this? right now our lawyer is listed as our agent because he didnt know we should put my fiance on there (i know i posted about that earlier..).

Should we change the agent name at the embassy like you did? Or did y'all do that originally?

Thanks Missy!

-melody

Timeline

Hey Melody!

He went to the Embassy to see if he could get a tourist visa to come here before my mom passes away. He told them that we had filed the k1 and that is when they went ahead and registered himself as the agent. I would have been the agent when the papers go to the embassy but theyencourged him to go ahead and register. If I was in your situation, that's what I would do. Lars said it was very easy and they were very nice and helpful. I am sure that they will be wondering what is going on though - only a handful of Danish K1 app's in the last few years and now there are 4!

I think it could save you some time to have your fiance register, but that's just my opinion. I'm a control freak and like to have my hands on everything!

Timeline

Good morning y'all

Yes, it is quiet in here... let's bang some pots and pans around (that was someone else's idea... some Italian as I recall) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Melanne, yes, I think you have the basics right.... there is the medical and the police report as well as all the docs on your fiance's side (passport, photos, birth certificate [long form] etc) when you guys have all that, you send back the ds-230 (i think that is the form) and they schedule the interview.

Richard

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning guys,

Hope you're all doing well. I got some hints that big changes are coming to my company in the fall and may want to recruit in Orlando! Man.... I really, really hope this is all true! Maybe I won't have to leave a job I love afterall!

PS - I hate waiting. I have 8 more sleeps until my next visit!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Timeline

Hello March VSC family. I've been checking things much less frequently lately because it's so darn depressing. Despite approvals since that time, my number on Igor is exactly the same as it was on 05/07 (3 weeks ago). We all need some good news. Hopefully it will start coming soon.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
hello everyone

Just came back from a long 3 day weekend with my fiance and daughter. I haven't seen them since January 1st when I came back to Texas. It was supposed to be a surprise for him but he finally got it out of his dad. So when I got off of the bus he was the only one waiting for me :) and it ended up being a surprise for me.

We spent the whole weekend, just the three of us and had a blast. I didn't want to come back home and he didn't want me to come back either. He said the baby has been looking for me:(

It has been a lot harder on me leaving them this time than it was in January

I've been in such a funk all day

So glad you had a good visit. I can only imagine how difficult it was to leave. But hang in there - you have a lot to look forward to!

Your weekend sounds heavenly! Glad you had the opportunity and time to go.

Thanks, it was

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-04

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 08/13/2009

NVC Received : 08/18/2009

NVC Left : 08/19/2009

Consulate Received : 08/24/2009

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 09/22/09 needs waiver

Visa Received :

US Entry : 7/28/2012

Marriage :09/25/2012

AOS

Sent AOS Paperwork: 11/09/2012

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning all,

I knw I am still checking the status everyday, several times a day.

I just can't help myself :)

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-04

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 08/13/2009

NVC Received : 08/18/2009

NVC Left : 08/19/2009

Consulate Received : 08/24/2009

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 09/22/09 needs waiver

Visa Received :

US Entry : 7/28/2012

Marriage :09/25/2012

AOS

Sent AOS Paperwork: 11/09/2012

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.