Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So, I called the NVC to ask IF they had our case.. and they dont! and why on earth they would send it back to the USCIS... which she didnt know, and thought if for some reason they did, the file would still be logged into their system and it is not... so, go figure... more disinformation!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I called the USCIS today and put a service request in to locate my file... we'll see how that goes.

:luv:

Also, sent my congressman an email asking for help. The USCIS told me today... get this... that the department of state sent the file back to the USCIS!!! #######??? and the USCIS cant tell me JACK!

This is exactly what happend to me. I got my noa2 august 7th and on the 25th was informed they sent it back to uscis. It took me until September 10th to find out why. There was a problem with the paperwork. Turns out i should have gotten an RFE for an unticked box. But USCIS never noticed it. So CSC just sent me an RFE letter which i'm still waiting for.

According to DOS this was a USCIS error and my case is suposed to be expedited. But i just found out that request was denied. The original mistake was my lawyers as we had pointed the error out to him back in April. So all in all months were added to this. Now i have to wait for a new NOA2, instead of an interview date..ARGH!!!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
So, I called the NVC to ask IF they had our case.. and they dont! and why on earth they would send it back to the USCIS... which she didnt know, and thought if for some reason they did, the file would still be logged into their system and it is not... so, go figure... more disinformation!

OMG

Richard what is wrong with them>?

I have just been told me cASE is in AP

She said there is no time limit how long it can stay there .,,

OH let her explain that to Jessica please

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

OMG

Alright, I'll sccot over and make room on the sofa for you two guys. I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble, especially NOW that you were almost finished. It makes me SO mad!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
I called the USCIS today and put a service request in to locate my file... we'll see how that goes.

Also, sent my congressman an email asking for help. The USCIS told me today... get this... that the department of state sent the file back to the USCIS!!! #######??? and the USCIS cant tell me JACK!

This is exactly what happend to me. I got my noa2 august 7th and on the 25th was informed they sent it back to uscis. It took me until September 10th to find out why. There was a problem with the paperwork. Turns out i should have gotten an RFE for an unticked box. But USCIS never noticed it. So CSC just sent me an RFE letter which i'm still waiting for.

According to DOS this was a USCIS error and my case is suposed to be expedited. But i just found out that request was denied. The original mistake was my lawyers as we had pointed the error out to him back in April. So all in all months were added to this. Now i have to wait for a new NOA2, instead of an interview date..ARGH!!!

Somehow I missed this post... sorry... This really sucks! I have a question, was the NVC able to tell you that they sent it back to the USCIS? When speaking to the NVC today, they are trying to tell me, that if they received the file and sent it back, they would still log it into the system and make a note that it was sent back to the USCIS.

The have no record of our case, and are saying that it is highly doubtful they sent it back. But these people are soooooo inept that I dont believe them.

When did the USCIS send you the RFE? That was the California Service Center? I suspect many of the recent approvals were actually approved at the CSC even though the VCS was the place that we filed.

I am so angry and frustrated right now!!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
OMG

Carl, I am sorry you hit AP.. .But I have to tell you that I chuckled when you said to let them explain it to Jessica. I am in the same boat with Joanna, she is trying to be patient, but this process makes sane people go MAD!

I hope that your stay in AP is a very short one my friend.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Somehow I missed this post... sorry... This really sucks! I have a question, was the NVC able to tell you that they sent it back to the USCIS? When speaking to the NVC today, they are trying to tell me, that if they received the file and sent it back, they would still log it into the system and make a note that it was sent back to the USCIS.

The have no record of our case, and are saying that it is highly doubtful they sent it back. But these people are soooooo inept that I dont believe them.

When did the USCIS send you the RFE? That was the California Service Center? I suspect many of the recent approvals were actually approved at the CSC even though the VCS was the place that we filed.

I am so angry and frustrated right now!!!!!

Once i got my noa2 on August 7th, i kept calling nvc ever couple of days. they confirmed they did get my case and told me it was in processing and to call back in a few days. When i called back on the 27th of august, that is when they told me it was sent back to uscis and that i had to call uscis to get any info as they had zero information for me. My us Fiance called nvc and got more info than i did, NVC told him improper paperwork or something to that effect. They even gave us our consulate case number.

As for the RFE, my file was "touched" on September the 11th at USCIS, and states that on Sept 10th a letter was sent. It does not say what letter or any details, however when my fiance called he got the exact reason and what part of the paperwork was in error, and the confirmation that it is indeed an RFE. We have yet to receive the hard copy by mail. Yes it was California, but i figured it may be what happend to yours as well. Both of these centers are completely inept at everything they do.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Once i got my noa2 on August 7th, i kept calling nvc ever couple of days. they confirmed they did get my case and told me it was in processing and to call back in a few days. When i called back on the 27th of august, that is when they told me it was sent back to uscis and that i had to call uscis to get any info as they had zero information for me. My us Fiance called nvc and got more info than i did, NVC told him improper paperwork or something to that effect. They even gave us our consulate case number.

As for the RFE, my file was "touched" on September the 11th at USCIS, and states that on Sept 10th a letter was sent. It does not say what letter or any details, however when my fiance called he got the exact reason and what part of the paperwork was in error, and the confirmation that it is indeed an RFE. We have yet to receive the hard copy by mail. Yes it was California, but i figured it may be what happend to yours as well. Both of these centers are completely inept at everything they do.

So you know what the RFE is for, but you cant respond until you get the actual RFE? Man this system is soooooooooooo broken!!

What are you two doing about the RFE?

And yes, they are inept... unbelievably so!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
OMG

Carl, I am sorry you hit AP.. .But I have to tell you that I chuckled when you said to let them explain it to Jessica. I am in the same boat with Joanna, she is trying to be patient, but this process makes sane people go MAD!

I hope that your stay in AP is a very short one my friend.

Thanks you guys.

this is so difficult.. I just told her of course she DOES not understand what the heck I am saying ..With understanding this process . But she is at a breaking point .All I could say we are NOT alone with all this mess.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

So you know what the RFE is for, but you cant respond until you get the actual RFE? Man this system is soooooooooooo broken!!

I think it's time you called for backup - get the congressman (or woman) on the phone NOW and let them sort out this mess. This is just the kind of thing that they are supposed to be good at. Where is your attorney in all of this?? It's time you got MAD!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about all this news... this waiting is so difficult... and all these unanswered questions are unfair. I just wish the Service Centers, the Visa Center and the Consulates would understand that behind the papers are couples with lives that are on hold, apart from one another, wanting nothing more than to be with their love.

Big hugs to all.

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Timeline

We did not wait for the RFE, we immediately sent back a letter with the corrected form that had the unticked box. or rather the lawyer who made the damn mistake in the first place did. CSC received it and signed for the updated paperwork today, thus my new touch.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I think it's time you called for backup - get the congressman (or woman) on the phone NOW and let them sort out this mess. This is just the kind of thing that they are supposed to be good at. Where is your attorney in all of this?? It's time you got MAD!

congressman has been involved since month 5, as for the lawyer, we were dealing with his paralegal due to the fact i just found out his wife was diagnosed with cancer, thus why he never responded fast to us. i was just informed of this today. in a way i feel bad, but in a way i'm upset cuz he should have handed off the file to someone who could have followed it more closely without personal distractions. we also b1tched about the fact we knew everything a week before the lawyer did. and since it's his fault we have already told him he will not be called upon for AOS. My vj family has taught me enough that i already have that paperwork done and ready LOL.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.