4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
they have you? they dont have me!!!

You probably already know this but, let me tell you anyway. Don't do the automated system, get a person on the phone. I called and went through the automatic push 1, push 1.....didn't have me. I backed out of that menu and pushed 5 for an operator and she had me.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
they have you? they dont have me!!!

You probably already know this but, let me tell you anyway. Don't do the automated system, get a person on the phone. I called and went through the automatic push 1, push 1.....didn't have me. I backed out of that menu and pushed 5 for an operator and she had me.

I called about 7:30 this morning and still nothing... but i am on hold again now :)

Still nothing!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all for your prayers

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Man, sometimes I hate people.

This morning, I got this snarky private message from some witch-with-a-capital-B who's in AP at NVC. The entire text of that message was:

are you the one who claimed to have that fax number for the DOS and said you didn't want to share it because you thought the rest of us might "flood" the phone lines?

So (mistake #1), I responded.

Yes, I managed to obtain the fax number for the Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs. It took a fair bit of research and, in the end, some luck.

As I stated in the public thread, I am not yet willing to divulge the number. The reason for this is simple: The Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs has jurisdiction not only over NVC, but over visa issuance at the embassies as well, and I am not willing to do anything that could possibly jeopardize Elisha's visa in any way. The fax number I obtained is not a publicly available number; it is not published anywhere on the Department of State website or anywhere else. If they suddenly start getting a ton of angry faxes from people stuck in AP at NVC, they're going to have a fair idea who passed the fax number around. I've been burned too many times in this process—5 months at VSC, then 22 days in AP at NVC—and I'm just not willing to take any chances until we have a visa in hand.

Good luck to you—I hope you're out of AP very soon. If, God forbid, you're still in AP by the time Elisha gets her visa (hopefully next week), I will gladly share the number with you. Until then, however, I simply cannot risk it. Thanks for understanding the position I'm in.

Regards, etc.

And this witch-with-a-capital-B just kept it up. Called me selfish, accused me of gloating and showing off, said posting about it "reflects badly on your character."

Good grief! Posting my letter gave people a name and a title that they could use to obtain the information. Am I selfish for not wanting to piss this woman at DOS off and have her make trouble for Elisha's visa at the consulate? Sheesh...

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would like to thank everyone for their help and support.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 29, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

On September 29, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congratulations! :dance: and :time:

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations "lifeisgood!" I'm sure your nickname choice is proving to be quite fitting today!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Timeline
Good grief! Posting my letter gave people a name and a title that they could use to obtain the information. Am I selfish for not wanting to piss this woman at DOS off and have her make trouble for Elisha's visa at the consulate? Sheesh...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are not being selfish... so dont even entertain that thought!!!

Please can investigate things for themselves.... I can't believe how many people say... ok, whats next? or What do I do now??

DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH! I say! I don't mind helping people, not in the least, but I hate being used by people that will not even help themselves!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are not being selfish... so dont even entertain that thought!!!

Please can investigate things for themselves.... I can't believe how many people say... ok, whats next? or What do I do now??

DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH! I say! I don't mind helping people, not in the least, but I hate being used by people that will not even help themselves!!!

Guys ! Please dont pay attention to these responses. People in general are lazy and dumb to ask this kind of information. They simply dont realize what they are dealing with. Simply dismiss this kind of nonsense and do what u have to do. Information is always helpful but accusations and rudeness is just simply dumb. Good Luck !!!

Well, the little brat managed to find the Department of State phone directory and get a fax number out of them. Which she could have done hours ago if she hadn't been writing me hateful private messages. B1tch.

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

Timeline

I would not do ANYTHING that would jeopardize our progress, and how could anyone even think of it???? FFS* - if it was reversed, would SHE post it???

* to be a true redneck, you have to say it like this : FER F*CKS SAKE!! Make sure you have emphasis on the Fer (pronounced like FUR but you have to put a slight nasally twangy e thing on top of it all)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.