Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Well, my congressman's immigration caseworker just called. She talked to NVC, and they gave her the standard "could be 2 to 3 weeks" line. :blink:

I'll just keep calling twice a day so I know as soon as it goes out the door—and in the meantime, they can be as sick of me as I am of them and their retarded process.

That's how I feel about calling everyone I call, every day....if they would just help me get it done, I could stop calling. Vermont doesn't care, but poor old Sally - my congressional liason - she should be pretty darn motivated to "git r dun!"

We have talked to the embassy in Brazzaville and now, inspite of all of my previous fears, that part seems like it will be the easiest. I just hope we don't get stuck at NVC too.....

I am going to say that I believe that what you are going through is probably more frustrating than my waiting....you really are SO close to the end. Good luck today!

Missy...

Im so sad to hear you like that!!! I know exactly what are you feeling, because I am in the same boat with you, it is very frustrating, annoying, addicting, and so many more emotions, that it is really hard to deal. Only, you have been such a pilar for all of us during hard and not so hard times, that it kills me to feel you discouraged.... hang in there girl!!!! we are all together. Just remember and look back see how far you have walked, and helped us all walk. soon all the march family will be reunited and we will have this big BBQ and laugh about this (maybe @%$&%$&^%*^%*%*%*))__+) the VSC.... :rofl::whistle: Anyways, thank you for the info, but most of all, thank you for your heart.

Love,

KataandFreddy

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still at NVC... guess I'll be calling back tonight! :diablo:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

ciaoooooooooo my family,,,,my SO left yesterday and im so missing him ..now we have to wait for the court for the custody papers before we can go foward. we did get all the papers done when he was here for packet3 except for the medical, and i can do it from here and send it...he almost needed a seperate suitcase just for all the forms and documents LOL...so whats up with you?? his son loved america so much that when it was time to leave he kept saying in italian""not even dead, am i leaving america"" it was so funny and sad at the same time...he made alot of friends here and even though he doesnt speak english they got along fine and played like kids do..i think he will easily learn when he gets here to stay!! he learned to say...Oh my god, and bless you, thank-you, your welcome, and very very good!!! he loved our hotdogs and wanted to eat them all the time,,

anyway, just wanted to drop in to say hi and good luck to those not approved yet,,,i feel for all of you still waiting...i was really surprised that mine came so soon and went to the embassy in 4 days...the embassy also contacted me right away with package3...and i cant do anything till we get the official custody papers... :crying:

by the way, do you fax the ds230 right away,,, then when you are ready with all the documents and want an appointment fax the APPLICANTS STATEMENT to get the interview date??? im not clear on that.

im so afraid that our NOA2 will expire before we get the official custody document because its only good for 4 months.........

Edited by strega

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

ciaoooooooooo my family,,,,my SO left yesterday and im so missing him ..now we have to wait for the court for the custody papers before we can go foward. we did get all the papers done when he was here for packet3 except for the medical, and i can do it from here and send it...he almost needed a seperate suitcase just for all the forms and documents LOL...so whats up with you?? his son loved america so much that when it was time to leave he kept saying in italian""not even dead, am i leaving america"" it was so funny and sad at the same time...he made alot of friends here and even though he doesnt speak english they got along fine and played like kids do..i think he will easily learn when he gets here to stay!! he learned to say...Oh my god, and bless you, thank-you, your welcome, and very very good!!! he loved our hotdogs and wanted to eat them all the time,,

anyway, just wanted to drop in to say hi and good luck to those not approved yet,,,i feel for all of you still waiting...i was really surprised that mine came so soon and went to the embassy in 4 days...the embassy also contacted me right away with package3...and i cant do anything till we get the official custody papers... :crying:

by the way, do you fax the ds230 right away,,, then when you are ready with all the documents and want an appointment fax the APPLICANTS STATEMENT to get the interview date??? im not clear on that.

im so afraid that our NOA2 will expire before we get the official custody document because its only good for 4 months.........

Awww... so awesome that you guys could spend so much time together! I know how hard it must have been to see them off, but you're well on your way to being together for good! Here's hoping and praying that the court gives him what he needs quickly so you guys can get this over with!

As for the DS-230, all I can advise is to follow the instructions from your consulate. The procedure in Seoul is to fax in the DS-230 Part I right away, then schedule the appointment on their website. But your mileage may definitely vary!

Don't worry about the approved petition expiring. If it's getting close, you can send a letter to the consulate explaining the circumstances, reaffirming your intent to marry, and asking them to extend the validity of the petition. They'll give you another four months, and it can be done more than once if necessary. There's a sample letter in the Example Forms section for this. :thumbs:

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Awww... so awesome that you guys could spend so much time together! I know how hard it must have been to see them off, but you're well on your way to being together for good! Here's hoping and praying that the court gives him what he needs quickly so you guys can get this over with!

As for the DS-230, all I can advise is to follow the instructions from your consulate. The procedure in Seoul is to fax in the DS-230 Part I right away, then schedule the appointment on their website. But your mileage may definitely vary!

Don't worry about the approved petition expiring. If it's getting close, you can send a letter to the consulate explaining the circumstances, reaffirming your intent to marry, and asking them to extend the validity of the petition. They'll give you another four months, and it can be done more than once if necessary. There's a sample letter in the Example Forms section for this. :thumbs:

thanks steve, ill check it out,,,i also see you have the 157 in pdf,, the embassy didnt include 157 in the packet but i really think he has to fill it out being a male 43 years old,, what do you think??

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

strega, here's what the Naples consular page says about the K-1 process:

2. If a petition for a Fiancé(e) or K3 Visa has been filed for you in the U.S., or if your Immigrant Visa petition was filed at the U.S. Embassy in Rome follow the steps below.

Step Action

1 You will receive a packet of information from the U.S. Consulate containing application instructions and forms.

2 When you have obtained all the required documents and completed all forms, you must fax the DS-230 Part I Form for each applicant to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Naples at 081 583 8394.

3 Two weeks after faxing the DS-230 to the Immigrant Visa Unit, call the Visa Information Service (see contact information at bottom of this page) to schedule your medical appointment and interview. You will need to identify yourself to telephone operators with the last four digits of the Petitioner’s social security number.

4 Bring your passport, 1 photograph, and vaccination records to the medical appointment on the first day and all remaining documents to the visa interview on the second day.

As for DS-157, I'm not sure but the consulate page doesn't mention it.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Still at NVC :clock:

Still at NVC :clock:

SmileyDisappointed.gif

My sentiments exactly!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Well, my congressman's immigration caseworker just called. She talked to NVC, and they gave her the standard "could be 2 to 3 weeks" line. :blink:

I'll just keep calling twice a day so I know as soon as it goes out the door—and in the meantime, they can be as sick of me as I am of them and their retarded process.

That's how I feel about calling everyone I call, every day....if they would just help me get it done, I could stop calling. Vermont doesn't care, but poor old Sally - my congressional liason - she should be pretty darn motivated to "git r dun!"

We have talked to the embassy in Brazzaville and now, inspite of all of my previous fears, that part seems like it will be the easiest. I just hope we don't get stuck at NVC too.....

I am going to say that I believe that what you are going through is probably more frustrating than my waiting....you really are SO close to the end. Good luck today!

Missy...

Im so sad to hear you like that!!! I know exactly what are you feeling, because I am in the same boat with you, it is very frustrating, annoying, addicting, and so many more emotions, that it is really hard to deal. Only, you have been such a pilar for all of us during hard and not so hard times, that it kills me to feel you discouraged.... hang in there girl!!!! we are all together. Just remember and look back see how far you have walked, and helped us all walk. soon all the march family will be reunited and we will have this big BBQ and laugh about this (maybe @%$&%$&^%*^%*%*%*))__+) the VSC.... :rofl::whistle: Anyways, thank you for the info, but most of all, thank you for your heart.

Love,

KataandFreddy

You are so sweet! Thanks and don't worry about me, I'm fine!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Okay March....what's up today? No one online??? STAN!!! How are you and Amy holding up?

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Okay March....what's up today? No one online??? STAN!!! How are you and Amy holding up?

I am here... I came into work.. not sure for how long... but i am here nonetheless.

as for whats up.... nuffin!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Odessa passed her interview in Manila! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217323

As far as I know, she's the first of our March family to interview and get approved. Congrats to her!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.