Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi! I called VSC today and spoke to a nice lady on a phone asking her questions concerning my case. Basically my concerns were about processing times and the inefficiency of approval process due to jumping to later cases rather than earlier. As far as processing times she told me that september is too optimistic for me to get a notice , more likely by Thanksgiving. As far as jumping she told me that every case is different therefore it takes more time to approve some of cases. Not very encouraging conversation. I called my attorney afterwards. He simply told me to stay put and just wait. There is nothing can be done. Even expedite process is impossible. Senators and congressman have no pull in it. Sit and wait.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Stephen and Elisha! What a great day!!!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Grats to Stephen and Elisha and Cdn_gewels! Good day for March!

Richard . . . . you're next!

Missy . . . you too!

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations Cdn_gewels and Stephen and Elisha!

Finally more march approvals :D

On a side note, my case arrived at the consulate today!

Our Timeline

03/2002 - Met on Yahoo Group.

07/2002 - Met in real life 1st time in NYC

02/2003 - 1st visit to Germany

04/2003 - Visit to Germany

08/2003 - Visit to US (& Trip to Niagara Falls)

09/2003 - 10/2003 - Spent 2 months in Germany

11/2004 - Visit to US

06/2005 - Visit to Germany & Proposal

12/2005 - Visit to US

08/2006 - Visit to Germany

11/2006 - Visit to US

09/2007 - Visit to Germany

12/2007 - Visit to US

06/2008 - Visit to Germany

10/2008 - Visit to US

10/2008 - Began gathering paperwork f/ I-129F

03/2009 - Submitted I-129F

03/13/09 - NOA1

05/2009 - Visit to Germany (& Europe road trip)

06/2009 - 08/2009 - Spent 2 months in US

08/17/09 - NOA2

OH WOW!

-snip-

I was quite nearly in tears! Amazing how one little email can turn things around!

Yes! So happy for you Stephen! No more worries about emails, letters, phone-calls. Take it in and celebrate! Your October visit looks promising ;):thumbs:

Yes it does! We're not entirely out of the woods yet, but things are looking way better than they were just a few hours ago. :star:

Same to you guys!! What a day! :dance:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Party.gif

Congratulations Stephen and Elisha!!!!!!!

October Harvest fest here YOU come!!!!

Thanks Richard! Hopefully yours is in the same stack as mine was, so yours will be on its way shortly!

I have to keep looking at the email to convince myself that it's real....

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

STEPHEN!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I'm super duper happy for you and Elisha, when this kind of things happen to people like you, is when you know life is good!!!!

God bless to you and Elisha always, I wish you all the happiness in the universe!!!!!!

I can't help it but smile for you 2

Linda :dance:

Thanks so much, Linda!! I know it must be bittersweet—all I can say is stay strong and keep fighting the good fight, you guys will overcome this obstacle and be together. I'm rooting and praying for you guys that we can all celebrate together sooner rather than later! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Good morning everyone, been up since 3:00....ugh! Richard, today is YOUR day!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

how about today it OUR day? :) morning missy miss

I'll take that! I called the embassy in Brazzaville this morning. The connection was awful, so I called back and then got voice mail. I emailed them and will attempt the phone call again later on. I don't know what to think about that phase of this. I have complained a lot about waiting to get through this part but I have a feeling that what is coming my way next is going to make this last bit look like a vacation!

I am so happy for all of the approvals that came yesterday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'll take that! I called the embassy in Brazzaville this morning. The connection was awful, so I called back and then got voice mail. I emailed them and will attempt the phone call again later on. I don't know what to think about that phase of this. I have complained a lot about waiting to get through this part but I have a feeling that what is coming my way next is going to make this last bit look like a vacation!

my personal experience with Warsaw has been wonderful... as opposed to the USCIS. I am hopeful that once you are out of the USCIS hell... that you will be able to navigate the rest with relative ease :)

I am not getting my hopes up today... I dont think I can take another disappointment this week

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

my personal experience with Warsaw has been wonderful... as opposed to the USCIS. I am hopeful that once you are out of the USCIS hell... that you will be able to navigate the rest with relative ease :)

I am not getting my hopes up today... I dont think I can take another disappointment this week

There are a lot of March filers out there....I know what you mean about no more disappointment.

Compared to Republic of Congo, Warsaw is like.....Atlanta would be to Podunk Holler. Atlanta has nice new computers, a big international airport, malls, mass transit....all the things we love. Podunk Holler just got the lights back on and they inherited some OLD IBM desktop computers from the county next door.....and in Podunk Holler, they speak English but it ain't like the English we hear in Atlanta.

It will be an adventure for sure! They were super nice, we just couldn't hear each other and their phones sounded like two tin cans connecte with some string!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.