Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

All these April NOA2s are discouraging to see, but I'm well past the point of getting angry about it. I passed that point when the two May filers—neither of which were expedites—got their NOA2s in June. I've just resigned myself to the fact that this process sucks. :rolleyes:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
I have no record. I just simply forgot to check the box. I checked the PDF i-129f saved on my computer. I noticed that I forgot to check the box. Thanks!

I wouldn't be too concerned about it at all. At worst it's a RFE, but then at that point you'd know they're looking at your file and the RFE could be fixed, and then you'd be done with this step ;)

Those May approvals were weird as ever...but seeing March have a "boom", then a slow-down...only to see April speeding is discouraging...That July approval a few days ago is what really opened my eyes.

There is no FI-FO as far as I can tell.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i wishing to us will get our NOA2

everyday i waiting waiting :clock: :clock: :clock: waiting for NOA2 & always checking this vj site :pop:

and i feel so :crying: :crying: :crying: because very stressful why we are keeping wait for more...

i feel hopeless sometimes when i saw some filler are approve than me specially they didn't wait for too long like me or us... :angry:

k1 visa journey

03-12-09 sent k1 package to VSC

03-17-09 hardcopy NOA1

08-21-09 NOA2 email notice of approval

08-31-09 received hardcopy NOA2 & NVC letter

09-02-09 consular received

09-07-09 packet 4 received

09-24-09 medical at st.lukes

09-29-09 got my result of xray & vaccine PASSED ^_^ thank u lord

10-15-09 interview date ^_^ PASSED

10-21-09 Visa Received THANK U SO MUCH LORD

10-30-09 CFO certificate & sticker in my passport ^_^

11-17-09 leaving in my country (our 2yrs & 7monthsarry day)

11-17-09 port of entry (Atlanta GA)

01-17-10 we made it well, Wedding Day (Our 33monthsarry)

My Youtube k1 Visa Preperation my documents for my interview

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't have enough stuff in my signature. I'm off to add some things so I can catch up!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
It does make it easier to know that I"m not alone. It is depressing to know that people after me are getting approved. USCIS website states that they work based on FIFO, I highly doubt it.

I do have a question. I currently hold a "SECRET" clearance cuz I work for government contractor. Do you guys think this can factor into how long they do the background check ?

I also forgot to check the box "NO" to the question "Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes?" Do you think i'll simply get a RFE or they'll just deny me completely?

Thanks All!

If I remember correctly...those that have clearances may take "slightly" longer, but it's nothing excessive from what I've seen.

Not sure how to advise you on the second question. I suppose it depends on what the 'crime' was for. Do you have something that would show up in a background check (or on a government SF-86 form).

I think most of us are "clean" and good to go, we're just stumped as to why the slowdown of march and the april foot-race.

Hoping we all hear something soon...though I keep saying that, heh.

I have no record. I just simply forgot to check the box. I checked the PDF i-129f saved on my computer. I noticed that I forgot to check the box. Thanks!

People have had RFEs for things like this... I believe it depends on the adjuticator, since the background check comes back clean, it could be assumed NO should be checked... luckily it is an easy fix if they send you an RFE.

I have read elsewhere that security cleared people do take slightly longer... but only marginally...

I wouldnt worry quite yet... many march filers still pending... we are all a little dazed and confused... but at least the VSC is working again

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Meh, don't worry just yet. I mean they haven't even TOUCHED you yet. I'll worry when I have a touch and no NOA2. . .

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline
I don't have enough stuff in my signature. I'm off to add some things so I can catch up!

Pfft, I like your boat/lighthouse combo timeline thingy ;) *turns off lighthouse* *watches boat crash* :jest: :jest:

So fun to play with you missy! :devil:

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Pfft, I like your boat/lighthouse combo timeline thingy ;) *turns off lighthouse* *watches boat crash* :jest: :jest:

I laughed about turning off the lighthouse and crashing the boat! I'm thinking of adding some glitter to my signature, maybe some fluffy kitty pics and possibly a baby pic of me....what do ya'll think? Oh...wait, also a pic of my 18 year old dog that won't die!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

I laughed about turning off the lighthouse and crashing the boat! I'm thinking of adding some glitter to my signature, maybe some fluffy kitty pics and possibly a baby pic of me....what do ya'll think? Oh...wait, also a pic of my 18 year old dog that won't die!

Baby pics!?! No turning back now! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Missy, I do soooooooooooooooo love to make you laugh!

We need a bit of life and fun in here...Richard, go steal the Feb crowd and have them cheer us up! :lol::yes:

I might be a natural blonde . . . but why is Richard hanging out with those Feb. people anyway?

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.