March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's hard to believe that there were that many of us!! The bar graph at the top of the Igor's list page shows us almost 50% complete.

Ya'll all cross your fingers that I get my hard copy of the RFE today. I'm feeling like I am losing my grip here....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
It's hard to believe that there were that many of us!! The bar graph at the top of the Igor's list page shows us almost 50% complete.

Ya'll all cross your fingers that I get my hard copy of the RFE today. I'm feeling like I am losing my grip here....

MISSY! I wont let you do that... so please dont make me slap you again :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

MISSY! I wont let you do that... so please dont make me slap you again :)

I seriously, just now when I read that laughed so hard! I have passed your slap around several times to others that needed it. I'm fine now, I needed that laugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel like I am losing my mind in addition to my grip lol!

I am really hoping to have my sweetie with me for Christmas! Last New Year's day I asked my dad if he would marry us (my dad is an Episcopal priest), but we decided to hold-off until Sean's family could come . . . That was when we had no idea about the Visa process!!!! I thought as Canadian he could just drive on down and live here! Ha!

On New Year's Eve last year we broke a chicken wishbone at midnight and we both made our wishes. I wished that we would get married in a year. We didn't tell each other what our wishes were of course, but we both had an idea that we wished for the same thing.

So this New Year we want to be husband and wife!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

I am really hoping to have my sweetie with me for Christmas! Last New Year's day I asked my dad if he would marry us (my dad is an Episcopal priest), but we decided to hold-off until Sean's family could come . . . That was when we had no idea about the Visa process!!!! I thought as Canadian he could just drive on down and live here! Ha!

On New Year's Eve last year we broke a chicken wishbone at midnight and we both made our wishes. I wished that we would get married in a year. We didn't tell each other what our wishes were of course, but we both had an idea that we wished for the same thing.

That is a very sweet story.... and you should have no issue making it come true... tie a knot onto the end of that rope and hold on tight... just a little while longer.... we are all here to help support each other... and the VSC is on crack as compared to just a few short weeks ago... so the good news is they are coming and we can see it!!!

Missy will slap you if that will help :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
stephen and elisha,,,,,,,did you hear anything yet??

Nope, not yet, no touches or anything. I might give 'em a call tomorrow anyway just to see.

Congrats on yours! You guys can celebrate together, how awesome is that?! :dance:

I called. Useless. The girl was very polite, and said they couldn't do anything until 5 months and a day—which will be the 28th.

strega (or anyone else who found out they got their NOA2 by calling), how did you get past the first-line operator to talk to someone who actually knew something and could check the status beyond what's posted on CRIS?

HOW DO U EVEN GET THEM ON THE PHONE???? I JUST HEAR RECORDED GENERAL INFO.....

Timeline
I've been very patient since starting this process, but now that people from March are actually getting their NOA2s I am going crazy! I am checking my email 10 times an hour and checking the USCIS website constantly.

Not even a touch! Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Your file is dated around the time of the 2 (that I know of) that did not get an update or an email... perhaps you were in that batch as well... I know how hard it is to wait and how our patience is tried... but really... it is just a little more..... A week or so ago I gave this to Sense... and the next day they were approved... maybe it will work for you as well?? :)

smiley-angry.gif

I am not sure what you mean here . . . could you please explain? My file date is around the time of the 2 that did not get an update or email? What does that mean?

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

AOS

06.21.2010- Biometrics

ROC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline
I've been very patient since starting this process, but now that people from March are actually getting their NOA2s I am going crazy! I am checking my email 10 times an hour and checking the USCIS website constantly.

Your file is dated around the time of the 2 (that I know of) that did not get an update or an email... perhaps you were in that batch as well... I know how hard it is to wait and how our patience is tried... but really... it is just a little more..... A week or so ago I gave this to Sense... and the next day they were approved... maybe it will work for you as well?? :)

smiley-angry.gif

I am not sure what you mean here . . . could you please explain? My file date is around the time of the 2 that did not get an update or email? What does that mean?

I am pretty sure that there were two people that did not get an update or an email with a NOA 1 date of 3/12 (and then Strega which was a NOA 1 of late march) so perhaps your file was entered and worked on around the same time... so it is plausible that you are also already approved and don't know it.

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I'm Episcopalian too!!! I am sure he will be here with you at Christmas! We are supposed to get married at Thanksgiving.....I'm not feeling it right now though....guess we better start praying for a miracle with the Congolese embassy people!

Timeline
That is a very sweet story.... and you should have no issue making it come true... tie a knot onto the end of that rope and hold on tight... just a little while longer.... we are all here to help support each other... and the VSC is on crack as compared to just a few short weeks ago... so the good news is they are coming and we can see it!!!

Free slaps!! Get your FREE SLAPS here!!! Get em while they're hot!! Free slaps!!

Timeline

Free slaps!! Get your FREE SLAPS here!!! Get em while they're hot!! Free slaps!!

smiley_zzrofl1.gif

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I know it's not very romantic but one of my reasons for wanting to get married on January 1st is so that I don't have have to file taxes with him. I am thinking it will be very complicated to file taxes with his income being out of country in 2009, and could delay my return. Also I am a single mom (head of household), so I think I get more of a refund as "head of household" than as married. . .

smiley-angry.gif

I am pretty sure that there were two people that did not get an update or an email with a NOA 1 date of 3/12 (and then Strega which was a NOA 1 of late march) so perhaps your file was entered and worked on around the same time... so it is plausible that you are also already approved and don't know it.

Well that makes me smile to think I could be approved and not even know it. I doubt it . . . but it makes me smile!

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

AOS

06.21.2010- Biometrics

ROC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

I called NVC on the off chance that they had my petition.

They don't.

Oh well! Guess I'll just keep refreshing that :ranting: CRIS page at USCIS! :lol:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.