March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Touches have begun!!!! Every time I see that someone has a touch it reminds me of that Samantha Fox song...I know, I'm showing my age :huh: Have a great day everyone!!!

Edited by Majid_Anna

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
It's Monday morning, it's my day off, and we've gotten a touch!

Wow looked like Igor's prediction was almost exact! You should be getting a NOA2 soon :-)

Edited by TexPol

AOS Phase

January 11, 2010: - Mailed AOS packet (I-485/ I-765/ I-131)

January 13, 2010: - Chicago received AOS packet

January 19, 2010: - Received 3 NOA email

January 20, 2010: - Check cashed[/color]

January 22, 2010: - Received 3 NOA hardcopies in the mail1st touch I-485, I-765 & I-131

February 01, 2010: - Touch - I-765 (EAD)

February 08, 2010: - Touch - I-485

February 08, 2010: - Case moved to CSC

February 13, 2010: - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (After a long wait!)

February 15, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & received e-mail that case is now pending

March 09, 2010: - Biometrics completed, Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 10, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 17, 2010: - EAD Card Production, Touch - I-131 (AP) & I-1765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Received AP in mail

March 25, 2010: - Received EAD in mail

April 02,14,15, and 21 2010: - Touch - I-485

April 21, 2010: - Green Card Production ordered!, Welcome letter/NOA April 24

April 29, 2010: - FINALLY!!!! Received Green Card in hand!

Group Spreadsheet

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Happy Monday everyone!!! I am waiting for the postman to bring my hard copy of my RFE so I can get this behind me!! Richard have you had any touches yet?? I think this is going to be a very big week for the rest of our March family. Strega, I'll be very suprised if yours doesn't come today!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Happy Monday everyone!!! I am waiting for the postman to bring my hard copy of my RFE so I can get this behind me!! Richard have you had any touches yet?? I think this is going to be a very big week for the rest of our March family. Strega, I'll be very suprised if yours doesn't come today!

Missy... I bet you are very anxious to get the hard copy so you can FEDX it right back and get the file moving again... Any luck with your Senator?

No, no touches or anything yet, but it is still early... many March filers before me :)

I think Strega is too busy cleaning :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Missy... I bet you are very anxious to get the hard copy so you can FEDX it right back and get the file moving again... Any luck with your Senator?

No, no touches or anything yet, but it is still early... many March filers before me :)

I think Strega is too busy cleaning :)

No, they are pretty useless.

I didn't write about any of what I had already done because it was so frustrating to me and I was a little embarassed that I actually attempted what I did. My mom asked me if there was anything I could do to get Lars here faster. Her dying wish is to see him again (I think he's great and all but there are 100 other things I could think of as my dying wish). So, I called Senator Roger Wicker's office and asked if they could investigate an expedite request because of my mother. They were all enthusiastic and excited to help, I filled out the forms, signed the authorizations.....spent a lot of time talking to them about all of this and gathering letters from my mothers doctors and then they sent it all to USCIS along with the translated copy of Lars' divorce paperwork (that's what is missing, I accidentally left out the translation certification and some Danish paper that says he is free to remarry and THAT translation).

I did all of this back in May.

I talk to them about once a week or so but no response. While I am in Denmark, the first week I am there, I get an email from the Senator's office saying that my request had been denied , my mom's dying isn't anything to do with me and for an expedite, I'd have to be the one dying. Okay - I am fine with that, just aggravated about the amount of energy I spent gathering useless documents and for getting my mom's hopes up.

When I got the RFE last week, I called the Senator's office immediately and asked if they could please check and see if they could track down the documents we had sent in to their contact at USCIS and see if they could be placed with my application. They said they would check and get back to me. The response I got Friday was so silly, it took me all weekend to recover - No, they can't do anything to help me with this, I better just wait for the hard copy as instructed and I should feel REALLY, REALLY lucky. Why, you might be wondering?? Well....I should feel lucky because they are only just now working on DECEMBER'S applications and, like, wow, they did some work on yours!! It's almost like having it expedited, isn't it??

OH LAWD....help me understand this! Anyway, I've recovered and am hanging out by the mailbox all day everyday, fedex in one hand and the other just waiting for the RFE.

Edited by missmissy

Timeline

Missy....

A few weeks ago my congressman sent me a letter as an automatic update from my expedite request as well. It was a generic response saying that I was not out of normal processing time line and that they were currently working on December. It was so frustrating and combine that with a few other people that were writing their representatives... I crafted a new letter and sent it off... lambasting the USCIS and their generic response and they public date of December and included some charts and graphs showing the dates they were actually working on as well as the HUGE disparity between the CSC and the VSC and the need for an overhaul of the entire system....

Needless to say, I have heard NOTHING back :)

If your Mom is as stubborn as mine... she'll stick around long enough to see Lars again... :)

I had another touch today....weird.

Maybe, they were able to find your Docs... I recently saw someone else get an RFE and yet they approved him without the docs... go figure!?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

It is so frustrating. And, just to prove to everyone here how much of a loser I can really be, when I put my mind to it - I called USCIS this morning to try to find out why I had another touch today and to see if they would tell me exactly what the RFE is about. Who knows, maybe I forgot something else!

Soooo.......I got a very nice but YOUNG girl on the phone and she reads from her script about what is going on, what I filed, etc....

I see that on August 14th we sent you form #......whatever it was, a request for initial evidence....blah blah.....

She then proceeds to tell me that she can't see any of my information. I asked her to just listen, explained that my Senator's office has sent the stuff in weeks ago...etc. She then gave me a 15 minute lecture on how important it was for me to wait for the notice and follow the instructions exactly. I couldn't just say that it has already been sent it!!

Thank you for your time and for listening to me, please have a very nice day - and I hung up.

Moral of the story - don't call them. It's awful. I have my happy and positive attitude (I SWEAR) back and I am just waiting by the mailbox again, for the notice, and will go from there. I will probably keep on obsessively checking the USCIS site, but it's not going to get me down.

And, you are right about my mom - she's pretty determined to hang on as long as it takes. We are all convinced though that as soon as I get this wedding pulled off....she will most likely let go.

You guys are the best friends I have right now. No one in my daily "real" life understands any of this. If I complain or get frustrated they don't really get it. Thanks for being such good "listeners" and thanks for all of the encouraging words.

Timeline
It is so frustrating. And, just to prove to everyone here how much of a loser I can really be, when I put my mind to it - I called USCIS this morning to try to find out why I had another touch today and to see if they would tell me exactly what the RFE is about. Who knows, maybe I forgot something else!

Soooo.......I got a very nice but YOUNG girl on the phone and she reads from her script about what is going on, what I filed, etc....

I see that on August 14th we sent you form #......whatever it was, a request for initial evidence....blah blah.....

She then proceeds to tell me that she can't see any of my information. I asked her to just listen, explained that my Senator's office has sent the stuff in weeks ago...etc. She then gave me a 15 minute lecture on how important it was for me to wait for the notice and follow the instructions exactly. I couldn't just say that it has already been sent it!!

Thank you for your time and for listening to me, please have a very nice day - and I hung up.

Moral of the story - don't call them. It's awful. I have my happy and positive attitude (I SWEAR) back and I am just waiting by the mailbox again, for the notice, and will go from there. I will probably keep on obsessively checking the USCIS site, but it's not going to get me down.

And, you are right about my mom - she's pretty determined to hang on as long as it takes. We are all convinced though that as soon as I get this wedding pulled off....she will most likely let go.

You guys are the best friends I have right now. No one in my daily "real" life understands any of this. If I complain or get frustrated they don't really get it. Thanks for being such good "listeners" and thanks for all of the encouraging words.

Smiley_hug.gif

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Awwwwww... i like the way you are Missy. i only wrote twice or trice here in VJ i think but i always read everyday. Don't worry Missy, God is good you will be approved, i will pray for all of us.Take care:)

April 4, 2009: K1 petition sent to VSC

April 7, 2009: Received by USCIS(VSC)

April 11, 2009: NOA1 hard copy received by my fiance through mail

August 24, 2009: Touched and it says that Petition for Alien Fiancee was approved dated August 23, 2009

August 25, 2009: Touched again

August 28, 2009: Received by NVC

August 29, 2009: NOA2 hardcopy received by my fiance through mail

September 1, 2009: Fiance called at NVC (Under Additional Processing)

October 01, 2009: NVC left(Praise the Lord!!)

October 15, 2009: Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

October 21, 2009: Received text from Air21 that my Visa will be delivered soon

October 22, 2009: VISA RECEIVED!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Timeline

Awwwwww... i like the way you are Missy. i only wrote twice or trice here in VJ i think but i always read everyday. Don't worry Missy, God is good you will be approved, i will pray for all of us.Take care:)

Thank you!!! I am sure we wil be approved too. ((((hugs to everyone!!))))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Timeline

03/2002 - Met on Yahoo Group.

07/2002 - Met in real life 1st time in NYC

02/2003 - 1st visit to Germany

04/2003 - Visit to Germany

08/2003 - Visit to US (& Trip to Niagara Falls)

09/2003 - 10/2003 - Spent 2 months in Germany

11/2004 - Visit to US

06/2005 - Visit to Germany & Proposal

12/2005 - Visit to US

08/2006 - Visit to Germany

11/2006 - Visit to US

09/2007 - Visit to Germany

12/2007 - Visit to US

06/2008 - Visit to Germany

10/2008 - Visit to US

10/2008 - Began gathering paperwork f/ I-129F

03/2009 - Submitted I-129F

03/13/09 - NOA1

05/2009 - Visit to Germany (& Europe road trip)

06/2009 - 08/2009 - Spent 2 months in US

08/17/09 - NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS...I was waiting for that today! Fast from here on out! :thumbs::dance:

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.