Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Congrats to al those getting approved..

CARL! where have you been? *hands on hips* :) did you sneak back to your SO and not tell us again?? :P

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
We got a March 12 touch also...looking forward to what tomorrow brings....BEST WISHES TO ALL!!!

:blush:

I meant to say August 12, I guess the anticipation is getting to me.

K-1 Visa(see timeline)

Married: January 20, 2010

2e3a30800d.png

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document, Advance Parole

Mailed : 2010-01-28

Date Filed(Rec'd) : 2010-02-01

NOA1 (x3)Date : 2010-02-05 (received 2/13)

Checks Cashed: 2010-02-09

Biometrics Appt: 2010-03-05 (received 2/22)

Transferred to CSC: 2010-02-19 (Touched 2/22, 2/28)

(AOS & EAD-Touched 3/8)

EAD Approval: 2010-03-25

AP Approval: 2010-03-25

AOS Touch: 2010-07-14

AOS Approved: 2010-07-15

Congratulations to all march filers who have gotten approved so far, it seems they are just skipping over others or what do you think? I am getting worried now, is it time to get the congressman or senator involved? Sorry Linda, wish i could give you suggestions or advice but i am praying along with you for favor. Thanks everyone for making my day each time i read the posts. Hope to hear good news soon.

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Timeline
Congratulations to all march filers who have gotten approved so far, it seems they are just skipping over others or what do you think? I am getting worried now, is it time to get the congressman or senator involved? Sorry Linda, wish i could give you suggestions or advice but i am praying along with you for favor. Thanks everyone for making my day each time i read the posts. Hope to hear good news soon.

Evanscholly.... go to Igor's list and sort by ALL filers... like I said earlier it seems to me that adjudicators take a box off the shelf of maybe 20 or so files +plus the ones that are not members here on VJ and work that box is some order. To me that is why the approvals are grouped the way they are. So, no, I dont think you have to get your congressman involved yet... but this is just the way I see the data... Just a little more patience... thats all... (that said... your SOs country is a harder one, if I remember correctly.)

Linda, see your PM

Richard

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

you shouldnt worry yet, theres still many of us marchers in below the 10s that have not gotten approved. its sad makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrawr. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: <--would paste them indefenetly

Timeline

you shouldnt worry yet, theres still many of us marchers in below the 10s that have not gotten approved. its sad makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrawr. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: <--would paste them indefenetly

Here, Sense, use this one! smiley-angry.gif

:)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hey everybody! how you doing today?? :) I need some help guys :help: , do some of you knows a lawyer to see what to do? I have 33 days now 25 to appeal or file again, I know this is not the topic here but you are my family and I need you... :crying:

I'm getting crazy!!! :wacko:

Linda :unsure:

are you sure you need a lawyer? I read that your denial was because you didn't send enough evidence of meeting with your application. If it was me - I would re-file the entire thing, this time following the guidelines that are posted on this website. There's a checklist to follow to make sure you have all of the correct documents.

Having said that, I interviewed 3 different lawyers before making the decision to do this myself. Sarah May Cross is the one I was most impressed with. I just think, personally, lawyers tend to delay the entire process and if you are careful and thorough, you should be able to do this yourself.

I hope mentioning her name wasn't a violation of TOS.....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Hey everybody! how you doing today?? :) I need some help guys :help: , do some of you knows a lawyer to see what to do? I have 33 days now 25 to appeal or file again, I know this is not the topic here but you are my family and I need you... :crying:

are you sure you need a lawyer? I read that your denial was because you didn't send enough evidence of meeting with your application. If it was me - I would re-file the entire thing, this time following the guidelines that are posted on this website. There's a checklist to follow to make sure you have all of the correct documents.

Having said that, I interviewed 3 different lawyers before making the decision to do this myself. Sarah May Cross is the one I was most impressed with. I just think, personally, lawyers tend to delay the entire process and if you are careful and thorough, you should be able to do this yourself.

Missy, you know what gets me.... assuming we have the correct info... I believe they should have gotten an RFE and as such should be able to use that process... but then... I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV :)

I wouldn't worry about a violation of the TOS... others have done it...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD <--- filing an appeal....

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Thanks so much, this waiting period have been the most tiring period of my life, can't wait till it's over, i did go to Igor's list and currently I am 91 and I do understand that my SO's country is a harder one but i don't think God has created anyone He cannot handle and USCIS and CO from the American Embassy in Nigeria or anywhere else will never be an exception. I hope things works out for Linda, she is such a sweet person and also for you, i appreciate all your encouraging words on this forum.

Evanscholly.... go to Igor's list and sort by ALL filers... like I said earlier it seems to me that adjudicators take a box off the shelf of maybe 20 or so files +plus the ones that are not members here on VJ and work that box is some order. To me that is why the approvals are grouped the way they are. So, no, I dont think you have to get your congressman involved yet... but this is just the way I see the data... Just a little more patience... thats all... (that said... your SOs country is a harder one, if I remember correctly.)

Linda, see your PM

Richard

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Missy, you know what gets me.... assuming we have the correct info... I believe they should have gotten an RFE and as such should be able to use that process... but then... I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV :)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD <--- filing an appeal....

Will they have to pay again to re-file, just because they may have forgotten to send a few pictures?? Did I understand what's missing correctly?

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
and it is $585 sheesh

Wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to re-file? And I agree, they should have received an RFE, unless there was just too much left out of the packet. I will confess something - until I found this website, I had interviewed lawyers and was going that route, decided we could do it ourselves, started filling out forms and THEN I found VJ. That is whenI discovered that I only had about half of what we needed.

If they didn't follow the guidelines here, there is a very good chance a lot of stuff was just left out. The government's instructions are.......really vague and difficult to understand and don't include everything that you really need.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
and it is $585 sheesh

Wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to re-file? And I agree, they should have received an RFE, unless there was just too much left out of the packet. I will confess something - until I found this website, I had interviewed lawyers and was going that route, decided we could do it ourselves, started filling out forms and THEN I found VJ. That is whenI discovered that I only had about half of what we needed.

If they didn't follow the guidelines here, there is a very good chance a lot of stuff was just left out. The government's instructions are.......really vague and difficult to understand and don't include everything that you really need.

Yes, the way I understand it is they would have to pay again and refile... or submit a I-290B and pay $585... the website says 6 months... but so does the 129F take 6 months also... so to me... it would be which stands a better chance of getting it done right and faster...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Will they have to pay again to re-file, just because they may have forgotten to send a few pictures?? Did I understand what's missing correctly?

Thanks everybody for your interest!!!! you make me feel so supported!!! :energy:

Well we never recieved any RFE and yes we didn't send any evidence :cry: , just the forms, the thing I'm wondering is if they are telling me that my 2 options are appeal or motion, would be a mistake refile? I mean the uscis could take this like a contempt or disrespect for not following the rules and denied it again? :blink: cuz if don't we going just to file again...

Sorry again everybody I know this is not the topic here :ot: but to me all you are the most supportive and awesome brothers and sister on VJ!!!! :wow:

God bless you all always and give you the happiness forever!!! :innocent:

Linda :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.