Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've noticed that there is a more current DS-156 on the DOS website. The link below indicates the DS-156 is new and the expiration date is is 5/31/2011 as opposed to the 2010 form that Stephen sent out. Just trying to keep everyone current.

Okay, Great. Just a minor oversight.

http://evisaforms.state.gov/

I didn't upload the DS-156 at all. It must be filled out at the link above, as the web form generates a printout with a unique barcode when submitted.

I uploaded the DS-156K, which is the Nonimmigant Fiance Visa Application. The version I posted is the most recent version as downloaded directly from the Department of State. Per the DS-156K instructions, K-1 visa applicants must complete the DS-156 AND the DS-156K: "This form, together with Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application, completed in duplicate, constitutes the complete application for a "K" Fiancé(e) Nonimmigrant Visa authorized under Section 222© of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

I also uploaded the DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application, which some consulates require as part of the Packet 3 information. Once again, the version uploaded is the current version from the Department of State website.

Processing Center - Vermont

Embassy - Manila, Philipines

USCIS

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-19

St. Luke's: November 12/13 2009 (Medical PASSED)

USEM Interview Date : 7:00am November 20th, 2009 A P P R O V E D ! ! ! !

Visa Received : 2009-12-05

US Entry : 2009-12-09

Marriage : 2010-03-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS JOURNEY- AOS

07/31/10- Package was sent to USCIS Lockbox in Chicago via USPS (I-485 & I-765)

08/04/10- USCIS received package - notification sent via text and email message

08/11/10- Notice Of Actions were received in the mail for I-485 & I-765

08/12/10- Check cashed

08/26/10- Case transferred to CSC

09/04/10- Touched

09/08/10- Touched

09/11/10- Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/5/2010

10/5/10- Biometrics Successfull

10/5/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/5/10- EAD card/document production was ordered

10/6/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/8/10- EAD card production - 2nd order

10/13/10- Received EAD

10/20/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-1st order

10/21/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-2nd order

10/22/10- Received email notification, I485 was APPROVED

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've noticed that there is a more current DS-156 on the DOS website. The link below indicates the DS-156 is new and the expiration date is is 5/31/2011 as opposed to the 2010 form that Stephen sent out. Just trying to keep everyone current.

I didn't upload the DS-156 at all. It must be filled out at the link above, as the web form generates a printout with a unique barcode when submitted.

I uploaded the DS-156K, which is the Nonimmigant Fiance Visa Application. The version I posted is the most recent version as downloaded directly from the Department of State. Per the DS-156K instructions, K-1 visa applicants must complete the DS-156 AND the DS-156K: "This form, together with Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application, completed in duplicate, constitutes the complete application for a "K" Fiancé(e) Nonimmigrant Visa authorized under Section 222© of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

I also uploaded the DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application, which some consulates require as part of the Packet 3 information. Once again, the version uploaded is the current version from the Department of State website.

Okay great

Processing Center - Vermont

Embassy - Manila, Philipines

USCIS

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-19

St. Luke's: November 12/13 2009 (Medical PASSED)

USEM Interview Date : 7:00am November 20th, 2009 A P P R O V E D ! ! ! !

Visa Received : 2009-12-05

US Entry : 2009-12-09

Marriage : 2010-03-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS JOURNEY- AOS

07/31/10- Package was sent to USCIS Lockbox in Chicago via USPS (I-485 & I-765)

08/04/10- USCIS received package - notification sent via text and email message

08/11/10- Notice Of Actions were received in the mail for I-485 & I-765

08/12/10- Check cashed

08/26/10- Case transferred to CSC

09/04/10- Touched

09/08/10- Touched

09/11/10- Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/5/2010

10/5/10- Biometrics Successfull

10/5/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/5/10- EAD card/document production was ordered

10/6/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/8/10- EAD card production - 2nd order

10/13/10- Received EAD

10/20/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-1st order

10/21/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-2nd order

10/22/10- Received email notification, I485 was APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys!

I just checked in on the USCIS website today and our NOA2 was just sent on July 31st! We have been approved! :D YEESSSS IT"S REALLY HAPPENING!!! wowowowow :) so very thrilled! Just waiting for it to come in the mail now. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys!

I just checked in on the USCIS website today and our NOA2 was just sent on July 31st! We have been approved! :D YEESSSS IT"S REALLY HAPPENING!!! wowowowow :) so very thrilled! Just waiting for it to come in the mail now. :)

Congrats! Hope the rest of your journey is speedy and painless!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline

congratulations appledrop

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline

VSC is alive. We got our approval notice confirmation today. I couldn't ask for a better early birthday present this year other than to have my baby her with me already.

Timeline

[size="3]Thank God for that!!!! Got our approval tonight.......HORRAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

The wait was hidious and the hardest thing to do.....but we made it!

149 days since our NOA1 and No.83 on Igors list. My hair was literally falling out and i became completely obsessed with checking my emails.

Goodluck everyone...the relief will come, i promise. XXXX[/size]

congrats XR600SM & appledrop :) God bless!

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Okay great

so which site can we get the DS-156 AND the DS-156K? are those the only docs to send in for packet 3? we havent received the letter from the embassy though, ill prolly try calling them on monday as i looked up on DHL and they just received the package yesterday; 

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline
Keith and Else - Congrats on the approval. I recommend going to the site below for next steps. For RP, I believe you can complete the medical examination now as long as you have the email copy of the NOA2. Would also send the needed papers now in order to allow for sending time.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059

KataAndFreddy - I'm sorry to hear about the RFE, but at least you know they're looking at your petition. From what I have read, calling might not yield any results, but if it was me, I'd probably give it a try (nothing ventured, nothing gained). Hope it gets resolved soon.

Linda - I'm glad you're keeping the faith. With a "never give up" attitude, you are destined for success. When you stop and think about it, the really hard part was finding the right person. Now it's all just paperwork (and patience).

Thanks so much. Will certainly follow the suggestion and get those papers in the mail. Again, thanks so much to everyone for the support. God bless all of you.

so which site can we get the DS-156 AND the DS-156K? are those the only docs to send in for packet 3? we havent received the letter from the embassy though, ill prolly try calling them on monday as i looked up on DHL and they just received the package yesterday;

Sorry for all the unnecessary confusion.

First of all, the current versions of all visa forms can be obtained from the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

From there, you must follow the link to http://evisaforms.state.gov to fill out the DS-156. You must fill out the form on the web page—when you click Continue, the web application will generate a prefilled PDF version of the form including a unique bar code containing all the information on the form. You can then print and/or save the PDF generated by the web application.

The other forms (DS-156K and DS-230) can be downloaded and filled out on your own computer. The problem with the Department of State versions, as you discovered, is that they don't allow you to save the entries. I downloaded each of these forms and enabled saving. These forms—current versions, exactly the same as the DoS site except that saving is enabled—are available at the following URLs:

DS-156K:

DS-230:

Different consulates have different requirements for Packet 3, so you'll need to check the individual consulate's website for the correct and up-to-date information that applies to you.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

The K-1 Packet 3 instructions for Manila are here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf (English) / http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1tg.pdf (Tagalog)

Manila apparently DOES NOT require DS-230, but DOES require DS-157 for all K-1 applicants. You can get it from the State Department site linked in my last post; I've posted a save-enabled version at http://tinyurl.com/lva3qz/DS-157_save-enabled.pdf

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Please could you help me and answer a question for me as you seem to know what you are talking about...

On the DS156K what is the evidence of financial support that they request?

Many Thanks

:wacko:

so which site can we get the DS-156 AND the DS-156K? are those the only docs to send in for packet 3? we havent received the letter from the embassy though, ill prolly try calling them on monday as i looked up on DHL and they just received the package yesterday;

Sorry for all the unnecessary confusion.

First of all, the current versions of all visa forms can be obtained from the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

From there, you must follow the link to http://evisaforms.state.gov to fill out the DS-156. You must fill out the form on the web page—when you click Continue, the web application will generate a prefilled PDF version of the form including a unique bar code containing all the information on the form. You can then print and/or save the PDF generated by the web application.

The other forms (DS-156K and DS-230) can be downloaded and filled out on your own computer. The problem with the Department of State versions, as you discovered, is that they don't allow you to save the entries. I downloaded each of these forms and enabled saving. These forms—current versions, exactly the same as the DoS site except that saving is enabled—are available at the following URLs:

DS-156K:

DS-230:

Different consulates have different requirements for Packet 3, so you'll need to check the individual consulate's website for the correct and up-to-date information that applies to you.

Please could you help me and answer a question for me as you seem to know what you are talking about...

Many Thanks

Again, different consulates have different requirements, so your mileage may vary. London's requirements are here: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Timeline

Many Thanks

Again, different consulates have different requirements, so your mileage may vary. London's requirements are here: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

WOW thanks,, that was quick.

You are a fountain of knowledge and i thank you again. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.