MapleLeafBaby

GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM MONTREAL WOO WOO!!!!

32 posts in this topic

I plan on applying for the AP right when we get that marriage certificate in our hands! (you can only apply for AP after you marry right?) I am already preparing myself for a probable 3 month AP wait :( I'm making arrangements with my son's father to update his passport, so he can drive down to Buffalo and see him for the first couple of visits until AP comes in. I will just drive up to the boarder and have a lovely weekend in Buffalo lol! hopefully we only have to do this a few times. I wonder if they make any special 'rush cases' on AP for custody arrangements? I'll have to ask my lawyer

London is like 2 hours from TO.... you guys are lucky, 4 hours is a dream! lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey I'm in Toronto too :):)

When we have the interview, we'll fly to Montreal. We fly pretty much every weekend or two weeks to see each other. Especially him who comes here since I can't go to the states anymore...

For the advance parole, if we don't apply, how long do we have to stay in the US before being able to leave again after being married?

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey I'm in Toronto too :):)

When we have the interview, we'll fly to Montreal. We fly pretty much every weekend or two weeks to see each other. Especially him who comes here since I can't go to the states anymore...

For the advance parole, if we don't apply, how long do we have to stay in the US before being able to leave again after being married?

You have to wait until you get a greencard, which could be 6+ months - there's no way to know how long. When you file for your AOS (for the greencard), you file for your EAD and AP with the same package and for the same price, so you might as well just apply for AP - it doesn't make sense not to.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I plan on applying for the AP right when we get that marriage certificate in our hands! (you can only apply for AP after you marry right?) I am already preparing myself for a probable 3 month AP wait :( I'm making arrangements with my son's father to update his passport, so he can drive down to Buffalo and see him for the first couple of visits until AP comes in. I will just drive up to the boarder and have a lovely weekend in Buffalo lol! hopefully we only have to do this a few times. I wonder if they make any special 'rush cases' on AP for custody arrangements? I'll have to ask my lawyer

London is like 2 hours from TO.... you guys are lucky, 4 hours is a dream! lol!

What I suggest is fill out ALL the forms before hand for the AOS/EAD/AP, get the pics taken, etc.. Therefore the day you get married, all you need is the certified copy of your marriage cert. In PA you get the cert back the same day, and the person marrying you has 10 days to file with the state. After 10 days go to the courthouse where you picked up your marriage license and get a cert copy, I think it cost $40 don't remember the exact price. Then you're good to go! I have been waiting almost 3 months for my AP still no sight of it.... sigh....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

We may get married in Florida, or MD... Do you have to wait for a document to be filed and certified? I will talk to our lawyer in getting those forms started. It 's a very sensitive period of time for us because of my son and visitation and all.... hope it moves quickly... last year my lawyer said AP was taking 6-8 weeks :(

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I emailed them today. I got a response in literally 6 minutes!!! I sent the email at 2:44 and their response was sent back at 2:50!! Yeehaw!

I asked about requesting an interview prior to June 1, and they said to check back in a couple of weeks. They would be able to give me a more difinitive response at that time.

Here is their exact response.

It is more than likely your appointment will be before June 1, 2009 . Please email us a again in a couple of weeks so we can check

the status of your file and see if an appointment has been scheduled.

Thank you for your patience.

IV Unit

YEA!!! An interview before June 1!!! I'm SO excited!!!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Well, I emailed them today. I got a response in literally 6 minutes!!! I sent the email at 2:44 and their response was sent back at 2:50!! Yeehaw!

I asked about requesting an interview prior to June 1, and they said to check back in a couple of weeks. They would be able to give me a more difinitive response at that time.

It is more than likely your appointment will be before June 1, 2009 . Please email us a again in a couple of weeks so we can check

IV Unit

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OMG, look it's a dance party! lol!

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! And fast!!!!

I'm going to do the same..... Keep me posted, so we can check at the same time :)

I think they know when certain dates are coming up, so I think they know that March arrivals for packet 3's must be at May interview dates... cause that was the type of response I got too :)

OMG, how much were you about to fall outta your chair when you saw that reply in 6 mins??? HAHA! :thumbs:

Duncan must be excited too! Or as nervous as me!!!

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

IV Unit

OH MY GOD what a great news!!!!!!!!

They received my packet 3 today so I'm not too far behind you! Maybe I can hope for May as well!!

What did you say in your email?

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I'm actually feel POSITIVE for the first time in weeks after seeing all of the progress that the rest of you are making. My lawyer emailed the Consulate on Tuesday the 10th, and was told that we too were in the queue for the interview - and that we would be notified of our date within the next 3-12 wks. This is a much brighter answer than the 4-6 months they told ME a week earlier!!

I did have one quick question to ask - when you email the consulate they always send that initial "blanket " response right...? Well when you read the Q's & A's it states the following:

All visa interviews for Immigrant Visas take place at the U.S. Consulate

General in Montréal (except for "K" visas for residents of British Columbia,

Alberta, Manitoba, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories, which take place

at our Consulate in Vancouver).

Just curious... is anyone on here from MB... AB etc...? I'm from MB and my interview is going to be in Montreal according to my case # that begins with MTL - anyone happen to know why they have changed this? When you go on the DOS website, Vancouver seems to process things much faster than Montreal.

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OMG, look it's a dance party! lol!

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! And fast!!!!

I'm going to do the same..... Keep me posted, so we can check at the same time :)

I think they know when certain dates are coming up, so I think they know that March arrivals for packet 3's must be at May interview dates... cause that was the type of response I got too :)

OMG, how much were you about to fall outta your chair when you saw that reply in 6 mins??? HAHA! :thumbs:

Duncan must be excited too! Or as nervous as me!!!

I will definitely keep you posted and I think you're right. I'll bet with SO many applications coming through their office, if the person working the email has been there any length of time, he/she probably sees a pattern of P3 arrival dates and expected/potential interview dates.

As for the timing... that's the funny part. I had been working on the wording for the email during my prep time to day at school. When the kids came back in from Art, they had silent reading time and I sent it then. Because about 5 minutes later, we had to "clean up" and "pack up" because there was an author presentation for us to go see. So, I hit send at 2:44 before I had the kids pack up to go home and walked away from my computer. I figured it would be a good few hours (at BEST!) before I had a reply, so I walked away. Yep... I WALKED AWAY!!! If I would have known they'd respond that fast, I would have checked before we left the classroom at 2:55! OMG... I could have had an answer 6 minutes later. I did almost fall off my chair when I got back to my computer after dismissal at 4 and saw that they had responded SO quickly! OYYY!!!!!

OH MY GOD what a great news!!!!!!!!

They received my packet 3 today so I'm not too far behind you! Maybe I can hope for May as well!!

What did you say in your email?

Well, I must say that I've learned that "received" and "delivered" are two different things. Our P3 was delivered on 3/3 but "received" on 3/9. Even so, you're right! Our dates ARE close together!

The email I sent was based off the fine writings of PopRocks. ;) I used her words and changed it up a bit, but kept it short and sweet. Here's the jist of what I wrote...

I mentioned that ourP3 had been "logged" on 3/3 and we were anticipating a date in late spring. I requested a date before June 1, b/c we're planning a July wedding and the month of June would Duncan time to move his belongings as well as the fact that I'm a teacher and we release our students in June (and technically teachers are not allwed to miss the last days of school).

That was pretty much it. Super simple & sweet!

Thanks for all the smileys!!! I'm SO much more relaxed now... we (rather I) can continue with the wedding plans. I now know, he'll be here in time for the wedding and everything can go as planned!!! YEA!!! :dance:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Wow, I'm actually feel POSITIVE for the first time in weeks after seeing all of the progress that the rest of you are making. My lawyer emailed the Consulate on Tuesday the 10th, and was told that we too were in the queue for the interview - and that we would be notified of our date within the next 3-12 wks. This is a much brighter answer than the 4-6 months they told ME a week earlier!!

I did have one quick question to ask - when you email the consulate they always send that initial "blanket " response right...? Well when you read the Q's & A's it states the following:

All visa interviews for Immigrant Visas take place at the U.S. Consulate

General in Montréal (except for "K" visas for residents of British Columbia,

Alberta, Manitoba, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories, which take place

at our Consulate in Vancouver).

Just curious... is anyone on here from MB... AB etc...? I'm from MB and my interview is going to be in Montreal according to my case # that begins with MTL - anyone happen to know why they have changed this? When you go on the DOS website, Vancouver seems to process things much faster than Montreal.

Correct me if I am wrong but it does state on the Vancouver consulate website that all applicants for K-1 visas who reside in BC, AB, SK, MB, YK and NWT would go through Vancouver?

http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/content/c...cument=applying

Fiancé(e) Visas

The fiancé(e) visa process is currently taking approximately a year from the time the petition is filed until the time a visa can be approved. The Consulate strongly recommends that you plan accordingly and do not make any specific wedding plans until after the visa is issued. Petition approval by USCIS is not a guarantee of visa issuance. Applications must be mailed to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States. Once approved, the USCIS will forward the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will electronically transfer the approval and forward the approved petition to our Consulate for processing. The Consulate will then send out a packet of instructions to the fiancé(e) with detailed instructions on the documentation that they will need to provide, how to arrange for the medical examination, and how to set up an appointment for the visa interview.

The Consulate in Vancouver processes fiancé(e) cases for citizens of Canada, or aliens who are permanent residents. Individuals in Canada on student and/or employment authorization will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Such individuals must be authorized to remain in Canada for a continuous minimum period of six months (from the time the approved petition is received at the Consulate). Applicants must also be residing in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories. All other applicants in Canada are processed at the U.S. Consulate in Montreal.

I think it is possible they sent your petition to the wrong consulate?? The only reason they should have sent it to MTL is if you are CR-1 visa?

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

I know of another from MB (that I've met here on VJ) and they're going through MTL, too. Hmmm...

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Well, I must say that I've learned that "received" and "delivered" are two different things. Our P3 was delivered on 3/3 but "received" on 3/9. Even so, you're right! Our dates ARE close together!

We got logged in Montreal :) I called yesterday and nothing, I called today and we are logged so we are 8 days behind. I hope we'll all get our interview in May-ish !!

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

There are a few on here that sent packages mid Jan, and still waiting for packet 4..... lets hope they get them this week.... this will then solidify the time frame for 2 months turn around from P3 to P4, and hopefully 1 month to interview after that :)

COME ON MAY!!!!! :)

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.