July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh ok I see ya it would of been nice if they could hang out some where else.

Several years ago I live in a town house and that happened alot too.

Drove me nuts cause i had small kids/babies sleeping

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
I am absolutely sickened and disgusted to read the turn this thread took. I feel absolutely violated, as I'm sure most of us do. I hope to never witness such despicable behaviour in this forum ever again. I am angered that those who feel they were justified in their actions and participation, whether behind the scenes or right out in plain view, will carry around a sense of righteousnous for their part in this fiasco. I will always read your words through a different lense from this point in time.

And for the record.... Off Topic IS moderated on an entirely different level than the other forums. That is why you will see zero tolerance for this childish drivel in forums such as "Major Changes". Unbelievable.

Wow, I agree with you completely. I'm just wondering where the outrage was around post 1263? Like you, I feel absolutely violated.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

Wow..what the *uck happened in here?

You know, we have a good thing going on in the Canadian section of this board so to all those who just come in here to bother us...because that is essentially what you are doing..can you not? I think we would all really appreciate any one who does not have anything worth saying just to stay out.

I am absolutely sickened and disgusted to read the turn this thread took. I feel absolutely violated, as I'm sure most of us do. I hope to never witness such despicable behaviour in this forum ever again. I am angered that those who feel they were justified in their actions and participation, whether behind the scenes or right out in plain view, will carry around a sense of righteousnous for their part in this fiasco. I will always read your words through a different lense from this point in time.

And for the record.... Off Topic IS moderated on an entirely different level than the other forums. That is why you will see zero tolerance for this childish drivel in forums such as "Major Changes". Unbelievable.

Wow, I agree with you completely. I'm just wondering where the outrage was around post 1263? Like you, I feel absolutely violated.

I'm not trying to be rude but what is your purpose for being here? You have not said anything in this thread that is relevant to this thread so you aren't contributing. It appears you are just bothering people so please stop.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
We're considering moving back to CT (as well as looking at options in other states). Honestly, the rent prices scare me!!! I was in Georgia for 6 years and my mortgage was about $600, then I moved to NH and our mortgage here is over a thousand .... going to CT will be an even higher cost of living.

Are you coming back to the 'Have? It is incredible.. our house sold for just over 300K and the guy who bought it (our now landlord) has a mortgage payment of 3K a month.. not a payment I'd want fer sure!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Is it safe here yet.... tiptoeing around.... OK so last night, I just broke down in tears. This wave of homesickness hit me, like a ton of bricks. Out of NOWHERE. All of sudden I just wanted to hug my Mom, I miss her so much, more than anyone or anything. We are so close and it's so hard, it's been almost 6 months since we've been apart. I just want to go over for a cuppa tea or Sunday dinner, just sit down and talk like we used to. Sometimes I look around like what the hell am I doing here? I gave up my home, great job, closeness to fam, good friends, and I'm now here! Not that I'm complaining because I truly can say I am happy here and I made the sacrifice for love.... but what a sacrifice that is. The good news is, I'm going back home the first weekend in June so I can't wait to see my Mom then. So last night when I burst into tears, Glen was so supportive and kind. He made me tea, listened to my rambling, rubbed my back and just made it better. I am lucky he's so wonderful in so many ways and understands.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the homesickness when I get there. Jeremy says he's ready lol but who knwos.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it safe here yet.... tiptoeing around.... OK so last night, I just broke down in tears. This wave of homesickness hit me, like a ton of bricks. Out of NOWHERE. All of sudden I just wanted to hug my Mom, I miss her so much, more than anyone or anything. We are so close and it's so hard, it's been almost 6 months since we've been apart. I just want to go over for a cuppa tea or Sunday dinner, just sit down and talk like we used to. Sometimes I look around like what the hell am I doing here? I gave up my home, great job, closeness to fam, good friends, and I'm now here! Not that I'm complaining because I truly can say I am happy here and I made the sacrifice for love.... but what a sacrifice that is. The good news is, I'm going back home the first weekend in June so I can't wait to see my Mom then. So last night when I burst into tears, Glen was so supportive and kind. He made me tea, listened to my rambling, rubbed my back and just made it better. I am lucky he's so wonderful in so many ways and understands.

Give it time Jill and the sickness will slowly fade away. Of course you will always remember home, but the sickness will fade away and you will get used to your new home country :)

Hang in there :)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the homesickness when I get there. Jeremy says he's ready lol but who knwos.

Mel has had a couple of instances of homesickness, and I too thought I was ready for it. But alas, I was not. It just seems to come out of nowhere and I didn't even contemplate it what it really was until after the fact. :blush:

I'm learning though.

Stewart is doing much better. Mel was worried because he was in his chair sleeping all day long yesterday. However, when I got home, he did his nomral Dino (from the flintstones) impersonation and was a complete spazz and wanted to play until about midnight. He showed no tenderness and was jumping around. We were trying to get him to take it easy, but it seemed like he was trying to make up for lost play time by doubling his efforts. We're still gonna watch him like a hawk though. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't been here as long as you have yet Jill, but I know what you mean. I had a week of homesickness a little after the wedding. I missed everyone, missed the ocean, missed knowing i could do simple things. I missed my Dad a lot the other night. His bad jokes and nerdiness :) It must be super exciting that you are going home in a month though :)

My mini vent to add to this - I feel so useless here sometimes...I can't work yet, EI was denied - I have nothing to contribute to the house and I feel like ####### about it. Bo is so good and thanks me for even the littlest things, but it's hard. I have been working since I was 14 and supporting myself since I was 18 (my poor family has had the worst money luck ever) And now I can't do squat. On top of it, I have a student loan and two credit card debts that I brought with me. I have enough money saved to pay them fr the next couple months, but before I got here Bo had amazing credit and basically no debt. Again, feel like as #### for bringing it with me :(

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Timeline

Yeah I think no matter how hard you brace yourself/prepare for what it's going to be like, you don't know until you go through it. I know Glen feels guilty sometimes when I feel down because it's because of "him" I'm sad or whatever, meaning I moved here for him and now I'm away from everyone I love. I told him to never feel bad, just be there for me and support me which he does so well!

About the $$ thing, I know what you mean Jenni. Obviously we're not contributing finanically like we'd like to, but of course a marriage means inheriting one another's debts so to speak.... I took on Glen's school and auto loan, help pay it down when I can.... it's just what you do, I wish I could pay for more! But until I find a job, he's doing more than his share and that's OK! He thanks me for all the things I do around the home, make good meals, etc. I'm doing my part in other ways!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I SOOOOO know how you feel. THat's how I felt when I moved from Arizona to Michigan in 2001. I had not family here, and my now fiance' then boyfriend was even in Canada. I had basically one friend here and that was soooo hard. I can't even count the number of times I broke down and bawled... bawled and got myself to almost hyper-ventilating, I was so unbelieveably homesick. It does get better, I promise. It just won't be anytime soon... but, remember, it does and WILL get better.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
How has the job hunt been going Jill?

It's going.... I had 1 interview so far, they're supposed to let me know by today either way, still no word.... I'm still looking in the meantime, applied for probably 20 jobs so far, only 2 calls.... it's a tough time to be job searching I suppose.

I SOOOOO know how you feel. THat's how I felt when I moved from Arizona to Michigan in 2001. I had not family here, and my now fiance' then boyfriend was even in Canada. I had basically one friend here and that was soooo hard. I can't even count the number of times I broke down and bawled... bawled and got myself to almost hyper-ventilating, I was so unbelieveably homesick. It does get better, I promise. It just won't be anytime soon... but, remember, it does and WILL get better.

Oh wow, that's how I was last night! It was one of those sobfests where you can barely breath, Glen kept saying deep breaths, deep breaths, I think he was worried LOL! Thanks for the support, it makes me feel so much better to talk about it with people who TRULY understand.

I wonder what it's like for guys, adjusting-wise? Do guys get homesick and cry or is that purely a woman thing :wacko:

Edited by JillA

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Mel and I have had several arguments that were about nothing. I think it's just a trying situation for us both and its compounded by the fact that she isn't able to work, or do much. We both know its hard and just try to keep going with things. My family is really trying to not smother her. LoL, my sister though, has completely failed at that part. It's OK I think they are becoming friends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.