July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The person is here to mow the lawn.

He is mowing right now and he has his weed eater running, with the handle stuck in the garbage bin. I do not know why.

I am doing my Canadian taxes, I had done them but not printed them, then I was reading and thinking and decided we could have further deductions. I have been at this for a few hours now. I don't like it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's simply amazing how many idiots, self-righteous a$$holes and know-it-all types fill OT. If the people in there are any indication of what the "average person" is today, no wonder society is falling apart. :angry:

Timeline
It's simply amazing how many idiots, self-righteous a$$holes and know-it-all types fill OT. If the people in there are any indication of what the "average person" is today, no wonder society is falling apart. :angry:

Yes, and I don't mean to sound simplistic, but honestly, those people - for some of the immigrants here - are the first interaction they have with a 'group' of Americans - now that is REALLY too bad.

Canadian taxes are done - woot!

Timeline

ok the T word for Canada is done - however I just want to vent about it again anyway. It's not doing the taxes that takes time per se, it's all the RESEARCH you have to do beforehand and you can't just read it you have to understand it so you can then determine whether or not it applies to you. Plus as you all know when reading that stuff it says something like - oh and if you are doing this you may need to do this - and you follow that link and have to read all that to see if it applies to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel fat today.. REALLY fat. :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

My fiance and my sister are becoming friends, and now my sister is starting to tell her about some of my more embarassing childhood moments. Oh dear god this will only get worse. I'm glad she's made a friend though :)

Sorry Krikit don't mean to bring up the T word again! But I am starting to get aggravated!! My parents and I sent off our taxes in the mail the SAME day!! His epass says assessed and will be direct deposited on the 15th of April!! Mine only says received!! What is up with THAT??? I want my $3300 refund!!! It would sure come in handy right about now with a medical and flight to Vancouver to pay for!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Oh yes another thing! No mail delivery in Canada today!! I saw mail trucks out and about though! I want my Pkt 3 letter! Tried to go to travel clinic (public health) and get a Td booster, of course closed because of easter monday!! Everything else including banks are open today!!

ok I am done now! :angry:

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance and my sister are becoming friends, and now my sister is starting to tell her about some of my more embarassing childhood moments. Oh dear god this will only get worse. I'm glad she's made a friend though :)

LOL I wish I could become friends with my SIL, but our age gap is large (she's 19) and she's an immature, spoiled brat. She is SO rude, mean and condescending to her parents and grandparents, has the worst attitude, and made her Mom cry at Easter lunch yesterday. Sometimes I just want to shake sense into her. She's also failing out of university which is costing her parents a fortune. The way she acts is more like a 13 year old not an almost adult.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I love my hubby dearly and he has amazing qualities, but cleaning is NOT one of them. And I just want to smack him upside the head right now. So, he was letting Declan crawl around naked in his crib and of course Declan peed everywhere. Not a problem for me, actually I thought it was funny when hubby told me earlier. Except that, when I was getting ready to put Declan to bed, hubby said, oh yeah, you need to change his bedhseet. What???? You left a wet sheet on the crib for hours??? So, I went to do it and, not only was the sheet still really wet (I can only imagine how wet it was THEN!) .... but Declan's favorite stuffed animal and a few other cloth toys were sitting on the wet spot. So, I stripped the sheet off the mattress and went into the other room to get a clean one ... where I noticed that apparently Declan threw up squash or something else ORANGE and it was on a pale blue blanket and on a pillow that was a gift from friends (similar to a Boppy, but with no removable cover - OF COURSE!) ... and the pillow is WHITE! So I stripped that too and threw it in the washing machine after applying stain fighter stuff, but I have no idea how long that sat there and what the potential is for orange stains. Argh!!!! I normally love how hubster balances my admittedly driven, at times Type A personality, but dayum I wish I had a neutotic, fanatical clean freak for a husband right now :lol:

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Why do some people think that getting answers directly and constantly and very repeatedly from another person instead of finding information out on his/her own is better. I mean, I know I ask a lot of questions... but at least I ask them in the forum and don't bug anyone constantly in PMs. Oyyy....

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Autumn - at least you can laugh about it. :thumbs:

JulyBride - PMs are a blessing and a curse. Just give bad advice, and no one will ask you for it in private. :thumbs:

LOL I wish I could become friends with my SIL, but our age gap is large (she's 19) and she's an immature, spoiled brat. She is SO rude, mean and condescending to her parents and grandparents, has the worst attitude, and made her Mom cry at Easter lunch yesterday. Sometimes I just want to shake sense into her. She's also failing out of university which is costing her parents a fortune. The way she acts is more like a 13 year old not an almost adult.

:o

Yikes.

Timeline
Autumn - at least you can laugh about it. :thumbs:

JulyBride - PMs are a blessing and a curse. Just give bad advice, and no one will ask you for it in private. :thumbs:

:o

Yikes.

Yeah, but I can't. I'm such a sucker. I'm the teacher with a huge bark and no bite at all... I tell the kids NO late work... but as soon as they ask me if they can turn in their work late (and they tell me a good reason why), I ALWAYS let them. Heck, I'd even take the reason of how their dog ate their homework - because my dog actually did one time. Mind you, food had spilled on the paper and I tried to clean the paper off and left it sit out. The dog smelled the food and started licking then chomping on the piece of paper.

Oh, well. I digress... I just keep referring this person back to the forum and how I don't have all the answers and how there are so many more people here with information and insight to share... keep sharing links to help this person understand how VJ works... I think (at least I hope) this person sees now, the plethora of information available to someone starting the K1 journey and how it is practically impossible to submit something today and expect an answer within a couple of weeks. I SOOOO wish it worked that way.

Off to finish entering writing scores...

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.