July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

I don't get Twilight either!!! I read the first book and almost DID want to put it down. lol I thought it was VERY overhyped, and vowed not to read the rest.

SPOILER:

but I hear in the third one she gets pregnant with a vampire baby that tries to eat her from the inside! hahaha that's almost worth staying with the series just to read that...

Anyhoo.... my rant today is the fact that in the last five years go back to April of 2004 for me. lol... I've had several jobs since then... once of which I started in May of 2004. On my G-325A sheet, I had to attach a separate paper just because I needed ONE MORE LINE to say that I was unemployed in April of 2004. BOOO :P lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice to hear from you Janka! Happy Easter - I hope the bunny has something good for you! Our garden bunny left lots of chocolate looking balls in the garden but me thinks you better not eat those kind!

I am still worrying about you going to the states to someone you do not even know. I hope he is not a brutal fellow out of the military. And it would be so nice to find someone your own age and dream your future together! That is my wish for you!

Looking forward to seeing you in June.

---------------------------------------------

Morning Grandma,

I received your birthday card a couple of days ago and I've just been so busy I forgot to e-mail. I'm sorry.

Anyways, a few things have changed Jeremy and I's petition has been approved so now I just have to go to my interview in Vancouver. So chances are your very generous birthday cheque will go towards that or any vaccines that I may require.

Also, I'll be stopping by in June, hope y'all are ready for me!! Love you, thanks again!!

-------------------------

My grandma is nuts. I realize I tried to make her understand that we aren't strangers lol far from it and he's not some crazy ex-military man. But things like this make me to tell just to shut up already. My oma and opa are all cool very supportive they like him, my parents are good is as well..so #######?

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Beans on your petition!

---

My vent.

I hate stupid people. I hate it when people call me again and again, that always ask the same question, when I already BLUNTLY told them the answer the first time. ;_;

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My grandma is nuts. I realize I tried to make her understand that we aren't strangers lol far from it and he's not some crazy ex-military man. But things like this make me to tell just to shut up already. My oma and opa are all cool very supportive they like him, my parents are good is as well..so #######?

awe... Grandmas are protective..

My Grandmie (she passed away a year ago), met hubby for the 1st time and asked him point blank if he'd ever be deployed again (he's a veteran). When Hubby said he was too old and they didn't want him anymore, she replied with "okay then.. welcome to the family".. :) tee hee.. so I totally get your Grandma being a little cautious about the military background on some levels.. she'll come around.. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
when I was hugging my grandma at our wedding reception she whispers to me, "he better take good care of you" ...

:luv: Awe...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

argh,

so I recently shared that all our medical bills are finally paid off, a few were even in collections already :wacko:

well yesterday we received a letter from another collection company stating that we got sent to collections because the place thought they had given us a enough time etc.... this was one of the bills that I had paid already and the hospital had cashed the check on Monday.. I guess the hospital had sent us to collections before I sent the check.. what sucks is that this bill was only for 20 bucks but I kept forgetting to send off a check... now even though we paid it it will be on hubby's record :wacko:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
That is SO funny. That is literally 1 block away from my office. I can almost see it from my window!!

I've never been though. The guys in my office go on their "guy lunches" there. :lol:

Don't you love when you see ties to things/places you know when you're online? :luv:

argh,

so I recently shared that all our medical bills are finally paid off, a few were even in collections already :wacko:

well yesterday we received a letter from another collection company stating that we got sent to collections because the place thought they had given us a enough time etc.... this was one of the bills that I had paid already and the hospital had cashed the check on Monday.. I guess the hospital had sent us to collections before I sent the check.. what sucks is that this bill was only for 20 bucks but I kept forgetting to send off a check... now even though we paid it it will be on hubby's record :wacko:

You can dispute it, Marilyn. In fact, you should. Just get a copy of your credit reports so you can see what's on there, and then send them a letter asking them to remove it and the reason why.

iagree.gif

Timeline

^^ I want the bunny

lolz anyways, sigh, hubby and I have the rockband games etc, and we got GH: Metallica, and since rockband drums work, i have been listening to him banging on those for about 5 hours now. :( its fun if you're doing it, not watching lol. though, we do have two sets of drums, i suppose we could battle all night lol.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife and I were driving a couple of days ago and she was tired of listening to my CD collection. How can someone get tired of bands like KISS and Judas Priest? :blink:

So she turned on the radio and after a moment, a song she obviously knew came on and she said to me, "You have know this one." I honestly didn't and in disbelief, she said to me: "Material Girl. You know, Madonna?"

I knew of the song, I just hadn't heard it. What really struck me was that Madonna sounds so much younger when singing that song than she does today. Yes, I know she was a lot younger, but it's amazing to realize how our voices continue to change throughout our lifetime.

Looking Madonna up on Wikipedia, it says "Material Girl" was recorded in 1984. Madonna was born in 1958 and today she's 50 years-old; she'll turn 51 this August. So when "Material Girl" came out, she was 26 years-old. That's a big difference.

Now then... what's my vent? My wife was singing along with that song and now it's stuck in my head. :angry:

Filed: Timeline

:lol: I hate when songs I hate stick in my head! Another thing that drives me bonkers: I hate waking up in the morning with a song in my head. Every day it's a different tune. It could be pop, it could be from a musical, it could be a jump rope song! :bonk: It keeps playing and playing in my head and even screaming "SHUT UP" won't help. Of course, all my screaming is done inside my head. It would sound crazy to scream it outside. :ph34r:

I'm going to make a morning song thread. :idea:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.