July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My Vent:

I haven't been a huge Metallica fan since they sold out in the mid 90's, but none the less, I still love their first 3 albums. They rocked it hard. But all that is being undone by their insistence on calling themselves "Tallica". I find that so annoying and gay. It's like when some celebrity is talking about themselves in the third person. Ugh. I guess I'll go listen to some Megadeth in protest!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I want to copy and paste this letter for all of you to see, but that's not nice. But its terrible!

He has three seperate paragraphs with the same sentence at the end of each one: "Please call or email.." what are we selling couches now?

We attempted to fix this yesterday and he said that he worked hard on this... its scribbled on a blank sheet of paper.

As you may or may not know... things like this annoy me. :P

My Vent:

I haven't been a huge Metallica fan since they sold out in the mid 90's, but none the less, I still love their first 3 albums. They rocked it hard. But all that is being undone by their insistence on calling themselves "Tallica". I find that so annoying and gay. It's like when some celebrity is talking about themselves in the third person. Ugh. I guess I'll go listen to some Megadeth in protest!!

Okay you complain about us loving the hills and then you come out with this vomit??? :P

;)

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Did you go to the NKOTB reunion tour? Just wondering :rofl:

I am able to distinguish between 1987 Metallica who rocked, and 2009 Tallica who sue fans for downloading their music and refer to themselves in the third person. I despise the current incarnation of them, but I still like their early music. However, their reference to themselves as 'Tallica' is too much for me. It's too much ego, and their music is ####### now. I freely admit that they haven't made a quality song since "One".

Timeline

One is such a fitting name for that song since it's their ONLY good song. :P

And no I didn't make it to the NKOTB tour, the puff paint on my neon green chucks wasn't quite dry yet. :(

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Heh, I lived in Boston around the time New Kids first came out. I had no idea that they were known outside of the city until I moved back to New York. They sucked too much to be anything but a lesser known local band. I was really surprised to leave the city and find out they were the big thing all over.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Timeline

OMG, my daughter has just come back from The Corned Beef House and I am soooooooooooooo jealous. :crying: I was whining that we can't get proper corned beef sammidges here and she goes "What?! There's got to be Jewish people in Florida!" :lol:

Seriously, though. Why can't we get decent ethnic food here?!!!!!!! :protest:

iagree.gif

Timeline

It brings me back to grade 5.

I remember my mom though, I wanted to go see NKOTB SO badly as a kid and she insisted on bringing me to see "real" music before bringing me to see them. So she took me to see pink floyd.

I didn't appreciate that until I was older though.

I remember I wrote a dirty letter to Jordan Knight and my mom found it. :lol: Oh man was I in #######.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, my daughter has just come back from The Corned Beef House and I am soooooooooooooo jealous. :crying: I was whining that we can't get proper corned beef sammidges here and she goes "What?! There's got to be Jewish people in Florida!" :lol:

I have a theory about this. I think it is because there is such a big population here that even if your food sucks enough people are going to eat it, so you will be able to stay in business. :lol:

Mention of New Kids on the Block made me think of this parody. OMG that brings back such great memories.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Timeline
I have a theory about this. I think it is because there is such a big population here that even if your food sucks enough people are going to eat it, so you will be able to stay in business. :lol:

We've come to that same conclusion! :lol: Too many unsuspecting tourists keeping them in business. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Timeline
It brings me back to grade 5.

I remember my mom though, I wanted to go see NKOTB SO badly as a kid and she insisted on bringing me to see "real" music before bringing me to see them. So she took me to see pink floyd.

I didn't appreciate that until I was older though.

I remember I wrote a dirty letter to Jordan Knight and my mom found it. :lol: Oh man was I in #######.

My parents did somethign similar to me. I wanted to see Beastie Boys when I was like 9 and my parents took me to see Floyd at the Hollywood Bowl. I pouted for so long.

Timeline

At least you don't live in Redneckland, oops, I mean Jacksonville :P

Miami has great restaurants, but I guess that is a bit of a drive :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.