July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
you expect gov. workers to actually GIVE customer service..

Hey now...I'm a government worker and a small part of my job is customer service. You tell your hubby that not all of us are lazy and mean. We get that ALL the time here in NJ. The stereotype government worker here supposedly is overpaid, doesn't work and is rude.

I'm definitely the exact opposite of all those three at my job! haha

I was actually thinking of ya when he said that... i WISH you worked at our post office :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't think I have ever been to Arby's..

LA has so much good food... I keep telling the hubby that we need to move out to the country where there isn't so much temptation :P

Never been to Arby's? :o

You probably got the marks on your car because of an annoying neighbor. You can't leave your car parked for more than 72 hours :P

Mel thinks Taco Bell still qualifies as Mexican food. I have at least showed her some really good restaurants, and she's starting to be a bit more adventureous with her ordering :blush:

And here is my actual vent of the day. I heard some absolutely awful news this morning on the radio. Movie studios are planning to remake Ghostbusters, and Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. What is even worse is that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are in negotiations to star in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. :help:

I haven't been to Arby's, either. :lol:

And boo to their choices for Butch & Sundance. :protest:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think I have ever been to Arby's..

LA has so much good food... I keep telling the hubby that we need to move out to the country where there isn't so much temptation :P

Never been to Arby's? :o

You probably got the marks on your car because of an annoying neighbor. You can't leave your car parked for more than 72 hours :P

Mel thinks Taco Bell still qualifies as Mexican food. I have at least showed her some really good restaurants, and she's starting to be a bit more adventureous with her ordering :blush:

And here is my actual vent of the day. I heard some absolutely awful news this morning on the radio. Movie studios are planning to remake Ghostbusters, and Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. What is even worse is that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are in negotiations to star in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. :help:

I haven't been to Arby's, either. :lol:

And boo to their choices for Butch & Sundance. :protest:

I'm afraid they will try to add spaceships that look like DC-8's and frozen alien souls dumped into a volcano into the movie :whistle:

Timeline

Sometimes my wife and I go to visit her parents (my inlaws), which I am fine with. I like her parents and we all get along pretty well. The problem is when my sister-in-law is there. Unfortunately, we seem to visit during holidays and that's when my sister-in-law is there.

She and her husband have three kids (5 year-old, 3 year-old and a brand new baby). I don't hate kids, but the 5 year-old runs around uncontrollably and demands constant attention. She never shuts up and feels she has a "right" to do anything she wants. Because the 3 year-old is generally antagonized and worked up by her older sister, she becomes difficult as well. The baby is a baby; in other words, it sleeps most of the time until it wants something, in which case his cries will break glass.

It's virtually impossible to have an intelligent and adult-oriented discussion when those kids are around. They cause so much noise that I can barely think and at some point, I need to either go outside or to the guest room. I get migraines and those kids are definitely migraine-inducing.

My wife likes her nieces, but she'd also like to talk to her sister. She never gets to do that anymore since my sister-in-law has "mom brain" as my wife calls it. That's when a woman's whole life is wrapped up around her children and spends all of her time with them, forgoing other relationships. So the children eventually become an annoyance to my wife as well.

Even my father-in-law, who loves his grandchildren, gets annoyed after a while. He wants to spend time with the kids, but he doesn't like dealing with the antics of a noisy and completely self-absorbed little kid. I think my mother-in-law is more tolerant, but I can't imagine she doesn't get tired of it at some point.

Probably the biggest problem is that my sister-in-law is completely ineffective at disciplining her children. While I don't advocate corporal punishment (although I could think of a few cases where spanking or something similar might be warranted), my sister-in-law lets her children run rampant. Every so often she'll attempt to calm the 5 year-old down, but only does so in a half-a$$ed way. It's obvious that when it comes to her kids, she capitulates quite often.

Timeline

Saw this today, Deadpool. Doesn't 100% apply but it comes close.

n554481885_1882190_6086.jpg

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I understand that raising children can be a very difficult and often unappreciated task. My mother was a stay-at-home mom and I can't imagine my brother and me were that easy to handle.

However, I can't help but feel that disciplining your child would make your life -- and the lives of others -- far less difficult overall. A kid that knows he can't get away with having a temper tantrum when out somewhere has to be a good thing.

I'd just like to have a little time, when at my inlaws, to have a decent conversation without kids running around and yelling. I don't expect the kids to behave all the time. That's unrealistic. But my request up above is hardly unreasonable.

I'd like to add that when my wife and I were planning our wedding, my sister-in-law wanted to bring her kids. Neither of us wanted them there. That wasn't because we disliked them, but because it was our wedding and we didn't really want unruly children there. Plus, we were having a fancy dinner at an upscale restaurant afterward. The kids would've been a nightmare there, if for no other reason they'd be bored out of their skulls.

Naturally, my sister-in-law took offense to that and my wife argued with her some. Eventually, they reached an agreement. My brother-in-law would stay home with them while my sister-in-law attended the wedding. Honestly, I think they could've found a babysitter. They'll have to trust their kids with someone eventually (unless they're planning on home schooling them).

Edited by Sentinel

Timeline

My sister has twins, and I love my niece and nephew to pieces, the way my sister acts sometimes is borderline psychotic. It's like a hurricane when they come to your place. The only thing that gets me is that she will come over to someones house and immediately start moving things around and moving tables and stuff so the kids can't grab things. I have thus far resisted the temptation to tell her to make em "act right" :rofl:

Timeline
My sister has twins, and I love my niece and nephew to pieces, the way my sister acts sometimes is borderline psychotic. It's like a hurricane when they come to your place. The only thing that gets me is that she will come over to someones house and immediately start moving things around and moving tables and stuff so the kids can't grab things. I have thus far resisted the temptation to tell her to make em "act right" :rofl:

That would drive me crazy. I'd definitely say something. I bought the items in my house, so someone else -- kids or adults -- can only mess with my items if I give them permission to do so. Refusal to cooperate would result in their immediate expulsion from my home (unless they wish to pay for whatever may be damaged or broken).

Timeline

ok so I am getting a little teed off... :wacko:

so we sold some stuff on Ebay last Friday and I paid and printed off the shipping labels online.. and then we dropped off the packages at the postal place where they have UPS pick up... I checked yesterday and one package is on its way as of Friday but the other one still said "Billing information received" I checked again today and it still says the same thing..... :angry:

not sure if I should go to the postal place and see what happened.. can't really find an option on the UPS site to find out what is gong on...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Oh I like this article, did anyone Watch Oprah yesterday it was all about moms it was pretty interesting.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Oh I like this article, did anyone Watch Oprah yesterday it was all about moms it was pretty interesting.

LoL, Oprah and Dr. Phil are comedians :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
St. Louis has some awesome Mexican food restaurants! Lots of ethnic diversity here in fact. There was never a good Mexican restaurant back home, so I always enjoy eating it here.

Guess yiou did not get out often in Saskatoon, as they have taco Time,lol Love me a super soft taco! :thumbs:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

That would drive me crazy. I'd definitely say something. I bought the items in my house, so someone else -- kids or adults -- can only mess with my items if I give them permission to do so. Refusal to cooperate would result in their immediate expulsion from my home (unless they wish to pay for whatever may be damaged or broken).

You guys don't have kids do you?

Do you guys plan on it at all?

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.