July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think I have ever been to Arby's..

LA has so much good food... I keep telling the hubby that we need to move out to the country where there isn't so much temptation :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not even kdding I think everyone I know in Canada and the US is getting those car warranty calls. Even numbers on the Do Not Call list.

I got another one the other day that was different and now I can't remember what it was for. Those buggers!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband got the car warranty call on his cell phone and reamed the guy out for calling a "Do Not Call" number. We were at a garage sale when the call came in and everyone who was there overheard his response and started to cheer him when he finished the call, hehehehe. We reported the number to the Do Not Call Registry when we got home.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
*sigh*

I can't seem to stop moping today. This place doesn't feel like home but there's no place for me in Bermuda anymore and there's certainly no place for me back in Ontario. I feel completely ungrounded.

And of course, all of this is making me really miss my mom. I wish I could talk to her right now.

~ Catherine

:(

(((((((((((BermyCat)))))))))))) (F) (F) (F)

iagree.gif

St. Louis has some awesome Mexican food restaurants! Lots of ethnic diversity here in fact. There was never a good Mexican restaurant back home, so I always enjoy eating it here.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i signed up the three numbers a little while ago but have not received the email from them that i have to respond too lol maybe they have a lot of people signing up so it will take a while lol

sara

Be sure to check your spam/junk folder :thumbs: When I signed up the other day I got my email immediately.

i got three emails one for each number that we have i hope it stops them lol

sara

Timeline
you know like the ones parking people give you and like WTH? I was allowed to park there and everything..

You mean me? :lol:

so I start my car and proceed to pull out of my spot when I notice the car driving weird... so I stop and get out and walk around the car and notice that my front tire on the passenger side is completely flat... :o and then I also noticed there was chalk written on the back tire... 04/03/09 - 72 hours and 18:35... I guess they probably would have towed my car if I hadn't moved it today.. :unsure:

so being the helpless female that I am :P.. I go inside and wake up hubby to come and change the tire... he pulls it off and we see a screw in the tire, kind of on the side of the tire... personally I think it was deliberate, just because of where the screw was and it does look like it was screwed in... :angry: luckily hubby had a full size spare in his car so he put that on and I was on my way to work.. when I noticed a few specs of something dried on my window, it looked like egg.. gggrr, some kids on fun with my car I guess :angry: I had not driven my car since last Thursday....

That sucks, Mar. I had a kid throw a really hard snow ball at my car a few months back. Not only did he give me quite a fright which could have caused an accident, he actually dented the driver's side panel of my car a teeny, weeny bit. The best part? It was right across the street from the police and fire station in my town.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

so I start my car and proceed to pull out of my spot when I notice the car driving weird... so I stop and get out and walk around the car and notice that my front tire on the passenger side is completely flat... :o and then I also noticed there was chalk written on the back tire... 04/03/09 - 72 hours and 18:35... I guess they probably would have towed my car if I hadn't moved it today.. :unsure:

so being the helpless female that I am :P .. I go inside and wake up hubby to come and change the tire... he pulls it off and we see a screw in the tire, kind of on the side of the tire... personally I think it was deliberate, just because of where the screw was and it does look like it was screwed in... :angry: luckily hubby had a full size spare in his car so he put that on and I was on my way to work.. when I noticed a few specs of something dried on my window, it looked like egg.. gggrr, some kids on fun with my car I guess :angry: I had not driven my car since last Thursday....

Oh wow. I missed this, Marilyn. That's terrible! :o:crying:

iagree.gif

Timeline

UGH.. last night hubby & I went to the post office to mail the kids easter box. We got there at 5:25 and were in the lobby trying to get the box together (hubby still hadn't written out his cards)... well our main Post office just changed hours and stared closing at 5:30 instead of 6pm and while I was STANDING there struggling with the box, they closed the doors to the post office..

I'm like :blink: it couldn't have been MORE obvious that I was going to mail the package :( BAH! They could have had a last call or something.. so much for customer service*sigh.. Hubby laughed at me and said.. that's the problem.. you expect gov. workers to actually GIVE customer service.. Frustrating though.. and we would have used the automatic postage machine in the lobby, except we forgot to bring packing tape.. and of course we couldn't BUY any cause the office was closed :bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

My car is cursed. It's a 2005 Mazda 3, and 2 weeks after I got it, a rock smashed into the windshield requiring me to get a new one. 3 months later, it's winter and I'm driving to Montreal on the 401. A giant block of ice flew off the roof of a truck and hit my windshield, it cracked it so hard I swerved and nearly had an accident. Had to replace it in Kingston as it was too damaged to drive safely. A year later another rock, crack, new windshield. I swear my insurance company got suspicious. I finally replaced it right before I moved, I'm now on my 4th windsheild and *knock on wood* so far so good....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
UGH.. last night hubby & I went to the post office to mail the kids easter box. We got there at 5:25 and were in the lobby trying to get the box together (hubby still hadn't written out his cards)... well our main Post office just changed hours and stared closing at 5:30 instead of 6pm and while I was STANDING there struggling with the box, they closed the doors to the post office..

I'm like :blink: it couldn't have been MORE obvious that I was going to mail the package :( BAH! They could have had a last call or something.. so much for customer service*sigh.. Hubby laughed at me and said.. that's the problem.. you expect gov. workers to actually GIVE customer service.. Frustrating though.. and we would have used the automatic postage machine in the lobby, except we forgot to bring packing tape.. and of course we couldn't BUY any cause the office was closed :bonk:

I would just like to add that it isn't only gov workers who provide zero customer service :hehe:

Timeline
you expect gov. workers to actually GIVE customer service..

Hey now...I'm a government worker and a small part of my job is customer service. You tell your hubby that not all of us are lazy and mean. We get that ALL the time here in NJ. The stereotype government worker here supposedly is overpaid, doesn't work and is rude.

I'm definitely the exact opposite of all those three at my job! haha

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DPX, I've been to Julio's and I too thought it was good Mexican until I moved down here! There's an awesome Mexican restaurant here! YUM! The thing I miss most is my Dim Sum restaurant in Edmonton. SO yummy! The good news is that the Dim Sum in Sacramento is awesome and we can get it when we visit my husband's grandparents.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

:o How rude!

My car is cursed. It's a 2005 Mazda 3, and 2 weeks after I got it, a rock smashed into the windshield requiring me to get a new one. 3 months later, it's winter and I'm driving to Montreal on the 401. A giant block of ice flew off the roof of a truck and hit my windshield, it cracked it so hard I swerved and nearly had an accident. Had to replace it in Kingston as it was too damaged to drive safely. A year later another rock, crack, new windshield. I swear my insurance company got suspicious. I finally replaced it right before I moved, I'm now on my 4th windsheild and *knock on wood* so far so good....

:lol: Sorry about your luck, Jill, but.... somehow.... that made me feel better. :lol: Except I'm really really glad you didn't have an accident.

I would just like to add that it isn't only gov workers who provide zero customer service :hehe:

True dat. :lol:

And thankyou for being a good customer service person, Treble. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think I have ever been to Arby's..

LA has so much good food... I keep telling the hubby that we need to move out to the country where there isn't so much temptation :P

Never been to Arby's? :o

You probably got the marks on your car because of an annoying neighbor. You can't leave your car parked for more than 72 hours :P

Mel thinks Taco Bell still qualifies as Mexican food. I have at least showed her some really good restaurants, and she's starting to be a bit more adventureous with her ordering :blush:

And here is my actual vent of the day. I heard some absolutely awful news this morning on the radio. Movie studios are planning to remake Ghostbusters, and Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. What is even worse is that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are in negotiations to star in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. :help:

Edited by Rob and Mel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.