5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Holy ####### on the landlord stories! :o

oh yeah. had one that claimed i caused damage to the house, took her to small claims court and won. mysteriously after i moved out, the rent was raised 25% due to the improvements i'd made. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I heard something about those car warranty notices being a phishing scam. Sorry I don't remember the specifics because I have the memory of a gnat.

It's snowing here!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think my car is cursed. On saturday, Mel and I were out getting stuff for the apartment and we come out of home depot and I notice that someone had dumped a coke on my door. We were in there for a while, so the thing had begun to get sticky. Yesterday, I went to the movies with a couple of friends. I'm driving along, and this old guy tries to gun it and turn left into a driveway ahead of me. He was a poor judge of distance and speed. Thank god I was better or it would have been a worse accident. Only minor damage to my car. It was clearly his fault. The only thing he would say was "I was in a hurry" and "things happen". Really? #######. The kicker was that I got a call from him an 2 hours later. He asked me if I knew what happened to his license, the last thing he remembered was that he gave it to me to copy down the info. Hold on gramps.... I never touched it, I read it while you were holding it. To top it off, he's got one of those bargain basement insurance companies that I know is going to try to screw me. Then today, Just before I pulled into the parking structure at work, a pigeon the size of a chevy crapped on my car. Ugh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
i signed up the three numbers a little while ago but have not received the email from them that i have to respond too lol maybe they have a lot of people signing up so it will take a while lol

sara

Be sure to check your spam/junk folder :thumbs: When I signed up the other day I got my email immediately.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

haha Sorry to hear that, Rob.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I miss Cajun and Brazilian food. Those types of restaurants were all over Houston, but they're extremely difficult to find here. I suppose that's why my wife wants to go get that kind of food every time we're down in Texas. I never gave it much thought (after all, it was easy enough to get, right?), but now I understand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I miss Cajun and Brazilian food. Those types of restaurants were all over Houston, but they're extremely difficult to find here. I suppose that's why my wife wants to go get that kind of food every time we're down in Texas. I never gave it much thought (after all, it was easy enough to get, right?), but now I understand.

It does stink when you move and where you used to live, you eased to eat certain types of cuisine.

In Ottawa I used to eat A LOT of shawarma. When I lived closer to NYC, I used to eat a tone of Indian. Now I'm by PA and the only thing I have is Mcdonalds. Italian and Applebees. :(

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline

It does stink when you move and where you used to live, you eased to eat certain types of cuisine.

In Ottawa I used to eat A LOT of shawarma. When I lived closer to NYC, I used to eat a tone of Indian. Now I'm by PA and the only thing I have is Mcdonalds. Italian and Applebees. :(

Ditto. Thank God I found a good Japanese restaurant. I think they saved me from going ballistic. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

LoL, for that exact reason, I don't think I could move out of California. Maybe Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, or even Mexico. But definitely not Texas :P

Haven't found a decent Mexican food restaurant outside of there

Timeline
LoL, for that exact reason, I don't think I could move out of California. Maybe Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, or even Mexico. But definitely not Texas :P

Haven't found a decent Mexican food restaurant outside of there

That's a good point. Good Mexican food is very difficult to find. There was one restaurant my wife and I went to on Whyte Ave when we were in Edmonton (I think it was called Julio's Barrio) when meeting up with a childhood friend of hers. My wife and her friend thought the Mexican food there was really good. While it wasn't bad, I certainly wouldn't call it "good."

So that's three types of food: Cajun, Brazilian and Mexican that's damn hard to find here. Japanese, on the other hand, is on just about every corner. There were lots of Japanese restaurants in Houston too, but nothing like this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

*sigh*

I can't seem to stop moping today. This place doesn't feel like home but there's no place for me in Bermuda anymore and there's certainly no place for me back in Ontario. I feel completely ungrounded.

And of course, all of this is making me really miss my mom. I wish I could talk to her right now.

~ Catherine

Timeline

so this morning I am heading to my car to go to work and I notice a chalk mark on my tire and on the pavement.. you know like the ones parking people give you and like WTH? I was allowed to park there and everything..

so I start my car and proceed to pull out of my spot when I notice the car driving weird... so I stop and get out and walk around the car and notice that my front tire on the passenger side is completely flat... :o and then I also noticed there was chalk written on the back tire... 04/03/09 - 72 hours and 18:35... I guess they probably would have towed my car if I hadn't moved it today.. :unsure:

so being the helpless female that I am :P.. I go inside and wake up hubby to come and change the tire... he pulls it off and we see a screw in the tire, kind of on the side of the tire... personally I think it was deliberate, just because of where the screw was and it does look like it was screwed in... :angry: luckily hubby had a full size spare in his car so he put that on and I was on my way to work.. when I noticed a few specs of something dried on my window, it looked like egg.. gggrr, some kids on fun with my car I guess :angry: I had not driven my car since last Thursday....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

@ Catherine ... (F)(F)(F) I feel the same way right now, even though I am the USC. Not sure if NH will be home, but not sure where that will be also. Where in GA are you?

about the food ..... ohmygod, there are so many restaurants I miss from places I used to live. California was the best Mexican. Where I used to live in GA, I had favorite Indian, Japanese and bbq joints. Hubby really misses the shawarma from Vancouver. We live in such a small town that even the fast food joints are limited. We have Subway, Quizno's, McDonald's and Burger King. I can't believe I am saying this, but I REALLY miss Arby's!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.