July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah it's all crazy.

You know what is worse though? I can laugh it off because I don't give a ####### about any of them. But these are Lacy's friends. I'd never let any one, even my siblings, treat my friends like that. Friends are usually very important to people. She's willing to lose them over a wedding and that's fine.

But a wedding is one day and your life time of x-years will be very lonely without them.

She's going to be a very lonely girl.

This isn't new either, by the way. Lacy has been this way since I met her almost 4 years ago. The first time I knew that my brother in law was in trouble was the first Christmas they had together. They'd only been together about 4 months and my mother in law didn't get her a gift.

She called me and almost cried about it. She said how dare my MIL not give her a gift. It;s Christmas. She didn't understand why she would do such a thing.

I explained to her that my MIL doesn't give me a gift either because we have a no gift policy. My mother in law lives on a 33K salary a year.

She said that no gifts is stupid.

They still do an Easter Egg hunt at Easter and instead of candy they get money. 25 and 27 years old. It is just their family dynamic I guess. Maybe that's why her sister has been teaching full time for 5 years and still lives at home.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
yeah it's all crazy.

You know what is worse though? I can laugh it off because I don't give a ####### about any of them. But these are Lacy's friends. I'd never let any one, even my siblings, treat my friends like that. Friends are usually very important to people. She's willing to lose them over a wedding and that's fine.

But a wedding is one day and your life time of x-years will be very lonely without them.

She's going to be a very lonely girl.

This isn't new either, by the way. Lacy has been this way since I met her almost 4 years ago. The first time I knew that my brother in law was in trouble was the first Christmas they had together. They'd only been together about 4 months and my mother in law didn't get her a gift.

She called me and almost cried about it. She said how dare my MIL not give her a gift. It;s Christmas. She didn't understand why she would do such a thing.

I explained to her that my MIL doesn't give me a gift either because we have a no gift policy. My mother in law lives on a 33K salary a year.

She said that no gifts is stupid.

They still do an Easter Egg hunt at Easter and instead of candy they get money. 25 and 27 years old. It is just their family dynamic I guess. Maybe that's why her sister has been teaching full time for 5 years and still lives at home.

If I went purely by her maturity level, I'd say she's far from ready to get married. Hell, she sounds like she'd belong in elementary school. :wacko:

Wow! I can't believe the recent vents ....

Amanda, you seriously are the most patient person EVER!!! That is crazy they expect you to shell out so much for a wedding. My mother paid for my shower. I had 1 MOH, 1 bridesmaid for my wedding (supposed to have 3, but all 3 bridesmaids were coming to CT from GA and 2 of them couldn't arrange to do it which I understood). Anyway, my MOH helped my mother with shower expenses, but she offered, it wasn't asked of her. Your SIL is such a bridezilla and her family sounds nuts!

Nev, I am so mad at your son's school!!! As you know, I was a school social worker before .... I LOVED to see kids express themselves. I would suggest starting with the teacher, then as SonoranSongbird said, move up the chain. Can you get the school counselor or social worker involved? Typically, they are the best advocates for the kids, although sometimes they do end up siding with the school.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

If I went purely by her maturity level, I'd say she's far from ready to get married. Hell, she sounds like she'd belong in elementary school. :wacko:

Too true.

Teachers are paid absolute ####### wages and it takes a few years to get tenure---not sure if her 5 years were all in one district, but if not, she doesn't have tenure and therefore no job security. So living with parents rather than roommates I can understand. A friend of mine is a teacher---and because he is a music teacher (ie, first to get axed when schools cut budgets), he has yet to stay in any one job long enough to get tenure. He had to move back in with his parents for a while in his late 30s. This is his 2nd year in the same district, so we are just hoping he gets a third year and finally has some job security. It pisses me off, too, because he is really super bright and really good with the kids, just the kind of people we WANT teaching our kids. It is frustrating. Oh well, that is another rant, I s'pose.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Maybe it's just me, but if I were going to do an Easter Egg hunt, I'd rather have candy. Okay, maybe not candy, since I'm not really much of a candy eater, but maybe some cookies or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.

I'm so glad we only do gifts for the kids, and my teenage nieces tell us what they want.

K1

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

Removing Conditions

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

Timeline

Amanda, you seriously are the most patient person EVER!!! That is crazy they expect you to shell out so much for a wedding. My mother paid for my shower. I had 1 MOH, 1 bridesmaid for my wedding (supposed to have 3, but all 3 bridesmaids were coming to CT from GA and 2 of them couldn't arrange to do it which I understood). Anyway, my MOH helped my mother with shower expenses, but she offered, it wasn't asked of her. Your SIL is such a bridezilla and her family sounds nuts!

Nev, I am so mad at your son's school!!! As you know, I was a school social worker before .... I LOVED to see kids express themselves. I would suggest starting with the teacher, then as SonoranSongbird said, move up the chain. Can you get the school counselor or social worker involved? Typically, they are the best advocates for the kids, although sometimes they do end up siding with the school.

The thing is, she just wrote me a letter on Tuesday telling me how much he has improved and how proud she is of him. This is so typically Ethan to pull himself up at the end of the year... it doesn't surprise me. He is capable all year round but only chooses to apply himself near the end.

Everything seemed great and then I get a call this morning and she's angry about his assignment. She told me that if he continues this way he will have a hard time in the future. :(

I don't know what is going on anymore. I tried to call the principal and the secretary said she is unable to speak to me. So I asked her to call me and she said she would before 12:00... so I called back again and she said she was unavailable and would call me by 2:00. I want this issue resolved today and I don't want it to end with my son apologizing for what he did.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I am attempting to rewrite a brochure and normally this would come very easy to me but I am suffering from a bad case of writers block today.

:wacko:

Donne moi une poptart!

Wow. The Blues got their butts handed to them by the Blackhawks last night. I fell asleep on the sofa so I didn't know that (although they were sucking pretty badly so it isn't a surprise). What a suckfest of a game.

K1

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

Removing Conditions

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

Timeline
I am attempting to rewrite a brochure and normally this would come very easy to me but I am suffering from a bad case of writers block today.

:wacko:

Cause you have more important things on your mind perhaps?? like your son & his teacher that seems to have an axe to grind? :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

The thing is, she just wrote me a letter on Tuesday telling me how much he has improved and how proud she is of him. This is so typically Ethan to pull himself up at the end of the year... it doesn't surprise me. He is capable all year round but only chooses to apply himself near the end.

Everything seemed great and then I get a call this morning and she's angry about his assignment. She told me that if he continues this way he will have a hard time in the future. :(

I don't know what is going on anymore. I tried to call the principal and the secretary said she is unable to speak to me. So I asked her to call me and she said she would before 12:00... so I called back again and she said she was unavailable and would call me by 2:00. I want this issue resolved today and I don't want it to end with my son apologizing for what he did.

Was she making a prediction or a thinly veiled threat?

I have no idea why your son's supposed attitude would cause him problems. He doesn't sound too radical and there are many who are on the extreme right and left sides of the political fence. They seem to do fine. I think this teacher was irked on a personal level, nothing more.

Timeline

Okay the principal called me.

She asked me if I have any experience working with children.

Oh okay, well lets see I worked in a daycare for about a year, I was a drama instructor for 5 years, worked with YMCA daycamps as a teenager etc etc. I have worked with children, I have my diploma in early childhood education AND last but not least I am a mother. I have plenty of experience working with children.

I then asked her if she had children. She doesn't.

I was being critical of the teacher and thats what prompted her to ask me if I had ever worked with children. Fair enough.

She said that she had not read the assignment and so I asked her to get it and read it. I explained it to her and she didn't see what the fuss was either but said that she would have talk to his teacher and look at the assignment to get a clearer picture. You'd think that maybe she would have investigated this further before calling me because I told the secretary the issue? But I guess she's a busy lady. I will try to be nice about all of this.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Was she making a prediction or a thinly veiled threat?

I have no idea why your son's supposed attitude would cause him problems. He doesn't sound too radical and there are many who are on the extreme right and left sides of the political fence. They seem to do fine. I think this teacher was irked on a personal level, nothing more.

Yea I don't know. Ethan really likes this teacher, she is great in many ways. She does give him positive reinforcement. Things have been good, but this seemed to have thrown her way off. I don't know, maybe the mix of religion and politics rubbed her the wrong way? Regardless she needs to be less bias. I don't like everything I see out there, but I accept it.

It's not up to her to change his writing style, it's up to her to make sure he knows where the period and comma goes.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea I don't know. Ethan really likes this teacher, she is great in many ways. She does give him positive reinforcement. Things have been good, but this seemed to have thrown her way off. I don't know, maybe the mix of religion and politics rubbed her the wrong way? Regardless she needs to be less bias. I don't like everything I see out there, but I accept it.

It's not up to her to change his writing style, it's up to her to make sure he knows where the period and comma goes.

Exactly. I agree with Sentinel (formerly Deadpool) who said it obviously offended her on a personal level.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Exactly. I agree with Sentinel (formerly Deadpool) who said it obviously offended her on a personal level.

My new name should've been "The Artist Formerly Known as DeadPoolX" :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My new name should've been "The Artist Formerly Known as DeadPoolX" :D

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.