July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:girlwerewolf2xn: OMG I just found my first white hair.... it was really obvious too in the sunlight.... I just plucked it, I hope 7 don't come to it's funeral :crying::crying: I'm too young for this!!

I got my first ones a few years ago, right around when I turned 30. Good thing I'm a guy, they are "distinguished" on us :whistle: I'm just happy I'm not going to go bald.

My grandmother got her first gray hair....... at age 94, she has two of them at age 96 now :blink:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We always pick up our dog poop. It would be silly and gross not to. However, I can't always see it in the dark so I sometimes pick it up the next morning.

The guy next door to us, though, smokes and flicks his cigarette butts on our lawn. It's really starting to annoy me. I'm thinking about picking them up, putting them in a container and leaving them on his front step. He only rents there.

The thing that bothers me most is that my neighbourhood is made up of renters AND home owners. The renters don't seem to really care as much as the home owners, obviously. But it's really not that big of a deal I guess.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
We always pick up our dog poop. It would be silly and gross not to. However, I can't always see it in the dark so I sometimes pick it up the next morning.

The guy next door to us, though, smokes and flicks his cigarette butts on our lawn. It's really starting to annoy me. I'm thinking about picking them up, putting them in a container and leaving them on his front step. He only rents there.

The thing that bothers me most is that my neighbourhood is made up of renters AND home owners. The renters don't seem to really care as much as the home owners, obviously. But it's really not that big of a deal I guess.

For some incredibly odd reason, when I first read that, I finished it with "... at the store." :unsure:

Timeline

:lol:

now THAT would be gross.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

buncha funny guys around here.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One can get cheap bags to from Ebay!! I normally buy around 1000 of them for around $25!! at petsmart,they want $11 per 100!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

The first time I ever even heard of HOAs was in a news story from Florida where the HOA in question were fighting a veteran in the neighborhood because he wanted to have a small pole with an American flag on his house. My first thought in reading the article was "I though the US was supposed to be the land of the free."

~ Catherine

Timeline
The first time I ever even heard of HOAs was in a news story from Florida where the HOA in question were fighting a veteran in the neighborhood because he wanted to have a small pole with an American flag on his house. My first thought in reading the article was "I though the US was supposed to be the land of the free."

~ Catherine

That seems a little much. The HOA I grew up with didn't have a problem with that at all. I think some HOAs have become more difficult since then.

Timeline

~ Catherine

That seems a little much. The HOA I grew up with didn't have a problem with that at all. I think some HOAs have become more difficult since then.

Avoiding a HOA, from what I can see, makes a lot of sense.

The scenario is:

Oh, a bunch of people are putting neon flamingos on their lawns and must be stopped so as not to offend our sensibilities and to keep our house prices stable!

Ok, well how about a bunch of us get together and make some rules - oh and we should be paid for this too...in fact we will be paid so much (in some cases) that it will actually have an adverse effect on anyone wanting to sell their house.

I think we should have a pool and tennis courts, yeah me too. Oh and dogs are so noisy - let's limit them or get rid of them altogether. Umm yeah, you know what, I don't care much for red doors, let's ban those too.

It's a ridiculous idea - on the one hand you have a bunch of people scared that green flamingo guy will pop up in their street - on the other hand, how do you know that Mr. Flamingo guy isn't going to end up on the board.

You cannot protect yourself from people doing stuff you don't like in your neighbourhood, with a HOA.

flamingo.jpg

Timeline

That's true. Once again, I think HOAs have become more militant since I belonged to one. The HOA there also had the homeowners vote on community issues, so it wasn't a small group of people deciding for everyone else.

For some incredibly odd reason, when I first read that, I finished it with "... at the store." :unsure:

I'm not making this up: in a gardening store in Oregon, I saw POOPITS for sale. What, you ask, is a poopit? It is a rabbit, sculpted from an organic compound which includes some animal's poop (don't recall which animal), that you are to put in your garden. It looks purty, but will decompose over time to provide a sort of compost. It was mixed in enough that it did not smell or look like animal poop, however.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline

There are some good HOA's not all are evil. One just has to do research! Prior to anytime that I have bought,i have always gone knocking on doors to find out about the neighborhood. Some of the areas we are looking to buy are HOA's and the areas are kept up extremely well, they are more into keeping the area kept up,and not so much into policing neighbors. I'm a big neat freak, so I like my yard kept up,lol

Another thing when it does come to associations, very few people show up to meetings!! So when the association is trying to set up an agenda,they get very little feedback, then these people what to bytch about it,lol We had our annual condo association meeting in January,and guess what, besides the 3 "executive" members, only 2 of us owners showed up,lol Luckily our association is very well run.

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Reading this reminded me of a time when I was younger and our neighbours cat kept doing its doodoo on our lawn. My mother, bless her soul, picked up all the doodoo, put it in a ziploc bag, rang the doorbell of the neighbour and said "I believe this belongs to you".

Lol good memories

--Kerri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.