July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Right its the wording- everyone associates getting married in the US with doing AOS, which is where the "intent" ####### comes in and confuses people.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right its the wording- everyone associates getting married in the US with doing AOS, which is where the "intent" ####### comes in and confuses people.

Exactly I've got to stop being a dumbhead and being much more specific in what I post here. Getting married in the USA is fine, going through the whole AOS process and such with the intent is what I was speaking of, definitely apologize for my genericness constantly Lol

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Here's a vent for ya Lol. I've been on a pretty strict diet for 5 months now, nothing crazy just a truckload of protein a day, no saturated fats, blah blah blah. EVERY single time I go out with anyone who doesn't see me on a regular basis has them trying to tell me that it's okay to cheat and it'd only be one time. Do they not know that if you cheat once everytime someone asks that would end up being the same as not being on a disciplined plan at all? Friggin people are getting to me I'll tell ya, just leave me alone and eat your fried twinkie Lol.

Edited by bowflex

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent?

####### IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

How can someone walk into their old place of employment and shoot the workers. I just don't get it.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
My vent?

How can someone walk into their old place of employment and shoot the workers. I just don't get it.

Yes, it's sickening. Those poor people and their families.

Timeline
My vent?

Yes, it's sickening. Those poor people and their families.

I have friends and family that either were involved or work/live near that area. This is just unreal.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Its hard to believe anyone would do that. Anyone. We've all had jobs we hate, bosses we dreamed of kicking, co-workers we wished would just shut up and go away, but to actually go in there and KILL them? Wow. There's gotta be something wrong with you.

My fiance was working in that area just two days ago, until his company pulled him and sent him to another job site.

I don't understand people. At all. The shooting in Texas, now this.

What drives a person to that point? Sure, we all have days where we could fling ourselves off a cliff due to stress, etc, but to go out and aim to harm/kill someone else... How do you get there?

It's despicable.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

Remember our anti-twilight vent? Ugh I just heard on the radio that the lead greaseball that for some reason many girls swoon over, is People's sexiest man alive EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

My fiance was working in that area just two days ago, until his company pulled him and sent him to another job site.

What drives a person to that point? Sure, we all have days where we could fling ourselves off a cliff due to stress, etc, but to go out and aim to harm/kill someone else... How do you get there?

It's despicable.

They obviously have serious mental problems/issues.... because someone "normal" just doesn't snap and do stuff like that

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Remember our anti-twilight vent? Ugh I just heard on the radio that the lead greaseball that for some reason many girls swoon over, is People's sexiest man alive EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

It's despicable.

They obviously have serious mental problems/issues.... because someone "normal" just doesn't snap and do stuff like that

Very true. But why take responsibility and seek psychological help when it's much easier to place the blame elsewhere? :wacko:

Timeline

So I bought auto insurance here last week from Canadian Direct Insurance - the premium was 700 and some dollars per year, which is about what I was expecting - we both have good driving records, long driving histories etc. We are both -15 on the Alberta insurance grid (which is as good as you can get on the ole grid)

I do have one accident on my record from 4 years ago - or was it 5, where my Son was driving my vehicle and slid in to another car. I disclosed this on the application, of course.

So this morning I get an email from them - you have a policy change. I log in to see that they have increased the premium by $450 a year <_<

Of course they are closed on the weekend so I can't call them to find out why/cancel the policy.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So I bought auto insurance here last week from Canadian Direct Insurance - the premium was 700 and some dollars per year, which is about what I was expecting - we both have good driving records, long driving histories etc. We are both -15 on the Alberta insurance grid (which is as good as you can get on the ole grid)

I do have one accident on my record from 4 years ago - or was it 5, where my Son was driving my vehicle and slid in to another car. I disclosed this on the application, of course.

So this morning I get an email from them - you have a policy change. I log in to see that they have increased the premium by $450 a year <_<

Of course they are closed on the weekend so I can't call them to find out why/cancel the policy.

Holy #######! I wish my auto insurance was that cheap. That's less than a fifth of what Autoplan charges me per year.

Of course... Alberta allows CHOICES when it comes to insurance. In BC, auto insurance is government-run, so it's Autoplan or nothing.

Ugh. People in this area of my city are just annoying.

They don't recycle, they're loud and some guy just let his car alarm go off for 20 minutes without bothering to shut it off.

Pretty sick of the police sirens too. I dont even hear those where my fiance lives!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I Hate colds!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I think they should be outlawed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my sister is being an annoying hornet up my A$$. :angry: I've done 95% of the work to try and rent out this apartment for the past 2-3 months, and she not only hasn't done much she went and signed another lease, has claimed she is not responsible for the rent here (daddy's paying! yay!) and is now getting on my case to continue posting on craigslist until the day I move. Because it'll be all on her once I move. I am asserting that I am not doing another thing here.

Her to do list on her precious new apartment can wait while she rents this place out. *I* am moving to another fraaking country and need to be ready as soon as I possibly can (because I am already going insane from not being in Boston). My dad says, just post the ad and don't fight with sis. Screw that, I'm standing my ground. She's a bully. I'm tired of being argued into taking care of people. I carried the burden, now it's her turn.

Grrr.

Edited by KnJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.