July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just don't get it. Why do Canadians allow themselves to get pushed around? Canadians aren't stupid. They see the cost and service differences between the U.S. and Canada. Yet they don't demand change. Instead, they just accept it.

Why? :blink:

Put up a fuss. Make some noise! Sure, Americans may seem rowdy and loud, but when we want something, we make sure we're heard. That's the only way to make change. You have to make businesses realize that you won't simply take whatever they give you. You're the consumer. That means you tell THEM what you will and will not accept; not the other way around.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we tend to believe, and rightly so in many cases, that since our population is smaller the greedy corporations can not make as much of a profit off us in terms of huge numbers of sales, therefore they charge us more (both American and Canadian companies). There is also the exchange rate to take in to affect with American companies, I doubt they want to take in 9 cents less on the dollar.

I talk with my purchases. If I don't like the price, I don't buy it.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'service' difference?

Timeline
I think we tend to believe, and rightly so in many cases, that since our population is smaller the greedy corporations can not make as much of a profit off us in terms of huge numbers of sales, therefore they charge us more (both American and Canadian companies). There is also the exchange rate to take in to affect with American companies, I doubt they want to take in 9 cents less on the dollar.

I talk with my purchases. If I don't like the price, I don't buy it.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'service' difference?

I know that several companies choose not to do business in Canada because of the label regulations. It simply is not worth the cost to do a much smaller product run and have to alter all containers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My boss says I get snippy with her. But I don't think she's ever recorded herself talking and listened to it.

She just comes off very abrasive and that in turn makes me snippy.

Sometimes she comes to my desk and starts moving things or grabbing things and then starts barking at me and it really puts me off and for the longest time I'd just sit there but lately I have to just let her know, and then she calls me snippy and says I have a huge attitude.

That kind of upsets me because hello? She is the one who seems to lack common manners with people.

What really irks me is when it's 4:40 and I am about to go home, she'll come over with stuff for me to do. Like could you not have given me this stuff hours ago? I have 15 minutes and I am out the door.

This morning she knew she was getting on my nerves and she looks at my coworker and starts smiling like she's attempting to push me over the edge or something.

That really irks me.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
ssgflyer.jpg

:blink: Did they not try reading it? I did.... but I stopped after the first few words.

So I've just booked a ticket for...tomorrow! So I'm going to fly down for a week. What the hell. The ticket was only $240. That's the nice thing about flying out of Seattle. My only concern now is going through the border...but since I have a NEXUS pass I should be fine.

Cool! Glad things worked out for you, Wyatt. Have a nice visit! :)

I just don't get it. Why do Canadians allow themselves to get pushed around? Canadians aren't stupid. They see the cost and service differences between the U.S. and Canada. Yet they don't demand change. Instead, they just accept it.

Why? :blink:

Put up a fuss. Make some noise! Sure, Americans may seem rowdy and loud, but when we want something, we make sure we're heard. That's the only way to make change. You have to make businesses realize that you won't simply take whatever they give you. You're the consumer. That means you tell THEM what you will and will not accept; not the other way around.

I'm like Trailmix. If I don't like the price, I refuse to buy the item. In some situations I'll try to negotiate a better price, though, if I really want the item.

I don't know why Americans think they're getting a better deal on things, though. Some things may be cheaper at first glance, but then there are the hidden costs which makes things even more expensive. Take, for instance, the cost of buying a house. In Canada you hire a broker, they find the best mortgage for you, and then you go and buy your house. In the US it's a giant mess. I can't even begin to list the numerous problems you have with securing a mortgage. Then, the thing that really irked me to no end, was the extremely high cost of closing the sale. Thousands upon thousands of dollars for closing costs?? #######?!!!!!1 :angry:

Anyway.... I guess that was my vent. :lol:

My boss says I get snippy with her. But I don't think she's ever recorded herself talking and listened to it.

She just comes off very abrasive and that in turn makes me snippy.

Sometimes she comes to my desk and starts moving things or grabbing things and then starts barking at me and it really puts me off and for the longest time I'd just sit there but lately I have to just let her know, and then she calls me snippy and says I have a huge attitude.

That kind of upsets me because hello? She is the one who seems to lack common manners with people.

What really irks me is when it's 4:40 and I am about to go home, she'll come over with stuff for me to do. Like could you not have given me this stuff hours ago? I have 15 minutes and I am out the door.

This morning she knew she was getting on my nerves and she looks at my coworker and starts smiling like she's attempting to push me over the edge or something.

That really irks me.

Have you told her how she makes you feel when she speaks to you? WRT the situation of her giving you work at the end of the day.... I would take the work and say "Okay. It's the end of the day so I'll take care of that tomorrow." And then just smile sweetly at her. :)

iagree.gif

whyfontsareimportant.jpg

This is actually a movie store. lol

Hahaha!

That reminds me -- on Steveston Highway in Richmond there's an XXX Adult Video right beside Lubeworld.

Cracked me up every time I used to drive by them.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Yea I always tell her about the end of the day things, but its how she works. She isn't doing it to be mean, that's the thing. Her abrasiveness is not meant to be mean either. She is just very... Jersey. She was born in Brooklyn, grew up in North Jersey, and I have just come to realize that its the way people are around here.

Jersey people don't beat around the bush. It can come off as extremely rude if you're not used to it, but now I'm being told I have an attitude. I guess I have to learn how to have a Jersey attitude so I blend in more.

Donne moi une poptart!

Yea I always tell her about the end of the day things, but its how she works. She isn't doing it to be mean, that's the thing. Her abrasiveness is not meant to be mean either. She is just very... Jersey. She was born in Brooklyn, grew up in North Jersey, and I have just come to realize that its the way people are around here.

Jersey people don't beat around the bush. It can come off as extremely rude if you're not used to it, but now I'm being told I have an attitude. I guess I have to learn how to have a Jersey attitude so I blend in more.

Just wear a Bruce Springstein concert t-shirt everyday and I bet you'll be promoted to President by next Friday :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Timeline

Your boss is a #%^&^; just like Nessa's. I hate people like that. Petty little b1tches/bastards that enjoy creating atmospheres like that. Pffffft.

Timeline

Your boss sounds like a very unstructured, fly by the seat of her pants tye of person. While they can be fun at times, it makes for a hectic work schedule.

Timeline

Your boss sounds like a very unstructured, fly by the seat of her pants tye of person. While they can be fun at times, it makes for a hectic work schedule.

Thats exactly what it is.

She can be super fun one minute and the next I just want to crawl under my desk and die. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

"Jersey, that's whats up!" - Redman

It's a tough life, Nev. But, you are coming to my neck of the woods tonight so it's about to get worse! haha

Oh and Krikit, you SO right about this mortgage thing. We want to move closer to our jobs and we don't have enough $$ for closing costs. My mother goes,

"But if you are not buying another house, just selling, your costs won't be that high.."

I said, "I asked our former agent to do a cost proposal on what it would cost us if we sold out house..we are looking at 15K in closing costs.."

She was dumbfounded.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So if she isn't meaning to be mean, why is she smirking at your coworker when she is not being nice to you. Hmmm very suspicious.

Agreed krikit, the whole house buying fiasco is a .... fiasco!

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.