July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Exactly!

This is going to look like a bad ad.

Let's just stop right now and bring out the word art and while we're at it lets put a dimly lit sign outside that says: "VACANCIES"

That company that wanted me to redo their webpage last month - the one that has, working for them, the two women I used to work with doing their marketing and whatever, well give them free reign and this is what happens (which I was a bit surprised at, because while one of them is a flake - the other one appears to be rather normal). This is a flyer, that goes on and on for pages, walls of text and text over pictures - it's unreadable.

ssgflyer.jpg

Oh no! When bad design happens to good people! :o

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents have the worst neighbors. The guy who lived next door to them since before I was born passed away about a year ago. He was the kindest most generous man I've ever known. He tragically lost his wife to cancer about 12 years ago, and his daughter who was a teacher became homebound with a severe case of OCD. His son, married his his (father) former secretary and was subsequently cut off from the family. Well, since he passed away, the son and his wife have taken over the house. It started out very nice and cordial. They were having a lot of work done on the house that would take 10-12 months to complete. My parents have a large motorhome that they park in their driveway. The contractor told them that this was going to be difficult to move materials in with that parked there so they paid my parents to store it. Meanwhile, they were pissing off everyone in the neighborhood. The woman across the street got into a fight with the wife because her son dared to park his car in front of the vacant house. The kids mother confronted her and then the next day received a visit from the police and child services because of a report of abuse. The kid had to take his shirt off to show that there was no signs of abuse...... in his front yard. Next, she went to the lady across the street's landlord and told them that they were destroying the house and suspected "illegal activities". The landlord just so happens to be the ex-mayor of the city.

Last month, my father is fixing a fiberglass roof that he had put up 25 years ago to cover the BBQ and cooking area in the backyard. The (b!tch) lady went so far as to tell her contractor working on her house to give my dad some materials to fix it. Then the next week, she turns around and calls the city instpector because any type of roof like that must be a minimum of 5 feet from the property line. My father goes to confront her and ask her why she had to do that, that she could have simply told him about the code and they could have worked it out. First she tried to deny taht she was the one who called in the complaint, but then she started screaming at my father accusing him of calling the police on her contractor and a whole laundry list of complaints. My father just walked away, and was going to still try to be a good neighbor. Well, then she comes over to my parents house and starts accusing them of illegal activities, because she equates an building code violation with something being illegal. My dad closes the door, but my mom cannot resist. She goes out and tells her that she now understands why her husbands father and mother banned her from ever entering their house for 10 years. That it appears was some sort of declaration of neighborhood war. The thing that she forgets is...... my parents are retired and have all the time in the world. She will be trying to rent the property soon. It will be very hard when my father has his motorcycles either in pieces or all reved up in the driveway, and a 30 foot motorhome parked in front of their house :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

revenge is a dish best served cold. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Heheeeeeee!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Indeed. But where are we going to get that much ice. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

ARGH!!

My wife's flight has been delayed over two hours...meaning that she wouldn't be able to make her connection in Denver. Meaning that she may have to cancel the whole thing, since she was only coming for two and a half days anyway. :(

She's trying to see if there are other options.

I don't want to have to wait until Thanksgiving when I've been looking so forward to tonight!!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh #######! I am SO sorry to hear that. That's a HUGE bummer.

I'm sorry.

:(

ARGH!!

My wife's flight has been delayed over two hours...meaning that she wouldn't be able to make her connection in Denver. Meaning that she may have to cancel the whole thing, since she was only coming for two and a half days anyway. :(

I don't want to have to wait until Thanksgiving when I've been looking so forward to tonight!!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

In the city that my parents live in, you are not allowed to park a motorhome on the street...... except for 48 hours before and after a trip. Now that is where it gets fuzzy because they don't define what a "trip" is other than leaving the city. I think this woman will find that retired people are quite resourceful and have a lot of time on their hands to devote. :devil:

Timeline

Old Klingon proverb. :innocent:

Yes, but talking is not honourable we need action. Kaplaa! :lol: BTW, which way to Seti Alpha 5. :lol:

IR5

Oh #######! I am SO sorry to hear that. That's a HUGE bummer.

I'm sorry.

:(

ARGH!!

Lots of cancellations for flights flying through Denver due to snow...so she cancelled, but got her money back.

So I've just booked a ticket for...tomorrow! So I'm going to fly down for a week. What the hell. The ticket was only $240. That's the nice thing about flying out of Seattle. My only concern now is going through the border...but since I have a NEXUS pass I should be fine.

How's THAT for a whirlwind turn around? I've never booked a ticket for a flight within 24 hours before!

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline
ARGH!!

That sux! :angry: I hate when that happens, maybe something will work out.

IR5

ARGH!!

It did! I booked a ticket. :P

Timeline
ARGH!!

It did! I booked a ticket. :P

Sorry I was travelling through the Mutaran Nebula and missed your post. :lol:

I mean, "excellent." Say hi to D.B. Cooper for me. :bonk:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.