July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mother used to do the same things with my toys!

The worst was when she threw all of my instructions for my legos away and told me she'd rather me use my imagination than follow directions. I still hold a grudge to this day! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst was when she threw all of my instructions for my legos away and told me she'd rather me use my imagination than follow directions. I still hold a grudge to this day! :lol:

Lego had instructions??? What on earth for??

Sorry to say, Sprailenes, that I gotta side with your mother on that one!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My grandmother threw out $50-$75k worth of comic books and baseball cards when my father went into the army. My parents were always a lot more careful with throwing out mine and my sisters toys as a result :lol:

Timeline
My grandmother threw out $50-$75k worth of comic books and baseball cards when my father went into the army. My parents were always a lot more careful with throwing out mine and my sisters toys as a result :lol:

My dad had a copy of Fantastic Four #1, but my grandmother threw it away when he went to college. Plus she also got rid of his baseball cards, most of which would be worth a fortune nowadays.

Any Transformer fan would appreciate this clip:

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline

Lego had instructions??? What on earth for??

Sorry to say, Sprailenes, that I gotta side with your mother on that one!

umm yea you'd buy sets to look like castles and stuff, I had three of them and she threw out the plans on all of them so my castles never looked like they did on the box, they looked like lopsided castles. :lol:

I wanted the sets because I wanted it to look like it did on the box and it never did because b1tch would throw out the freaking plans!! :crying:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

happened to many of us--throwing out hockey cards!! To old for them now, so throw them out!! I had such a huge collection. For yrs that is all I wanted for bday,and xmas! I dont even want to think of the $$$$$ i threw out

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

He he he, well, I still have mine stored over at my parents house. But alas, my baseball cards are virtually worthless now. The baseball players of my generation are all cheaters. I had it appraised at one point it was about $20k, but now, i'd be lucky to get $5 for it. Stupid Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco... fcking cheaters cost me money! :angry:

He he he, well, I still have mine stored over at my parents house. But alas, my baseball cards are virtually worthless now. The baseball players of my generation are all cheaters. I had it appraised at one point it was about $20k, but now, i'd be lucky to get $5 for it. Stupid Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco... fcking cheaters cost me money! :angry:

Ah, same here! I've got a few thousand baseball cards and a couple of hundred comics at my parents' place...most of them from the late '80's / early '90's, though some earlier.

I know I've got a Mats Sundin rookie card somewhere...Sammy Sosa...Mark McGwire (though the McGwire rookie card is an O-Pee-Chee...the Canadian Topps knock off). I haven't gone through them in at least a decade, but there's not much point at this juncture anyhow. Maybe in ten years or so I'll be able to bring my eventual son up to his grandparents' house to inherit them all.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im old enough to have had gretzky, lemiuex rook ie cards! soo sad,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Im old enough to have had gretzky, lemiuex rook ie cards! soo sad,lol

I'm a bit relieved, I thought that were going to say that you were old enough to have a King Clancy rookie card. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Win if you can, lose if you must, but above all always cheat. :devil: Seriously I feel bad for you, that's a big loss in value, how many bottles of steroids would 15K buy anyways. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Freaking Canseco is right! I remember being proud of that card. BOO!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Win if you can, lose if you must, but above all always cheat. :devil: Seriously I feel bad for you, that's a big loss in value, how many bottles of steroids would 15K buy anyways. :innocent:

Ask the Yankees they're practically experts on the subject. :whistle:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ask the Yankees they're practically experts on the subject. :whistle:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to be annoying (mostly because I find baseball dreadfully boring), I chant STEEEEEROOOOOOIDS after every player makes a good play in every game.

'Cept for the blue jays, cause Peachey would bean me.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.