July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate having crappy neighbors, they can really make your living experience horrid. I have had my share. :(

My boss is a pretty cool person, she's funny and she's never really mean about stuff, but sometimes she just gets so wound up and turns into a whirly bird. When she starts getting like this I want to crawl under a table because she'll stop whatever she's doing and decide that it's time to reorganize files and shelves and everything. Why is this annoying? Because this is what she says when she does it:

"Hey Nevada email so and so and ask them what they want to do with these labels, we don't use them! Let's get them out of here! Hey email so and so and ask them what they want to do about these old files, I think we can send them to storage, but I am not sure, ask so and so if they have room down in their office... hey what are these markers doing here? These should be over there... figure out who put these markers here..."

She'll go on and on.... and on. It's just a little annoying. :lol:

Sounds like someoen with severe ADD. You should give her a Rubik's Cube when she gets like that. She'll go into her office, close the door and come out 3 hours later frustrated. But at least thats's 3 hours of peace and quiet for you :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

About 4 months ago I received an invitation to LinkedIn from someone I don't even know. I ignored it as there was no option to say 'decline'. So 2 weeks later I received a 'reminder' and every week since then I have been receiving a reminder and an 'invitation due to expire soon' (Oh, please let it be true!) notice. A month ago, I wrote to the email of the sender saying I don't know you and stop this invitation, I am not joining your professional network through LinkedIn. No response. So I wrote to Customer Service on LinkedIn - forwarded the invitations which are now counting as spam and asked them to take care of it. A week later I got a response asking me to forward them the email! So I responded back telling them to look down at the bottom of the page and they would find the email "still' attached from where I sent it the first time. I then received a response back saying they would take care of it. Fast foward one week and I received another 'invitation'. I wrote back to LinkedIn, again forwarding the invitation and saying, you said you would be taking care of this but you haven't, please take care of it. (Oh,yes, there is a customer service complaint number on all of these emails that I have included). Today I got a response back saying" please send us a screen shot of the profile that contains incorrect information". What the heck? This isn't even my complaint! So, I wrote back and asked them if they even bothered to read the complaints that they received because if they did they would realize that I was complaining about their failure to stop sending out reminder notices to join LinkedIn from someone I didn't even know! I just got this response back 'Do you want us to put you on the "Do not Contact by Email" list?" Unbelievable. I wrote back a simple, 'Yes, please. That would solve the problem". Where do they get these people?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
About 4 months ago I received an invitation to LinkedIn from someone I don't even know. I ignored it as there was no option to say 'decline'. So 2 weeks later I received a 'reminder' and every week since then I have been receiving a reminder and an 'invitation due to expire soon' (Oh, please let it be true!) notice. A month ago, I wrote to the email of the sender saying I don't know you and stop this invitation, I am not joining your professional network through LinkedIn. No response. So I wrote to Customer Service on LinkedIn - forwarded the invitations which are now counting as spam and asked them to take care of it. A week later I got a response asking me to forward them the email! So I responded back telling them to look down at the bottom of the page and they would find the email "still' attached from where I sent it the first time. I then received a response back saying they would take care of it. Fast foward one week and I received another 'invitation'. I wrote back to LinkedIn, again forwarding the invitation and saying, you said you would be taking care of this but you haven't, please take care of it. (Oh,yes, there is a customer service complaint number on all of these emails that I have included). Today I got a response back saying" please send us a screen shot of the profile that contains incorrect information". What the heck? This isn't even my complaint! So, I wrote back and asked them if they even bothered to read the complaints that they received because if they did they would realize that I was complaining about their failure to stop sending out reminder notices to join LinkedIn from someone I didn't even know! I just got this response back 'Do you want us to put you on the "Do not Contact by Email" list?" Unbelievable. I wrote back a simple, 'Yes, please. That would solve the problem". Where do they get these people?

I have come across this a few times. It's too bad really, email is a really effective tool for customer service, however, it requires that the person receiving the email actually read it and understand it.

Timeline

Depending on what sort of email you are using and what client, you can either block incoming mail from that address altogether, or in some systems you can simply bouce them back to them. There are more malicious commands for some unix based email systems where you can bounce it back to them with it copied up to 1,000 times. If you are using a webmail system, most I believe have a fraud report service. I like gmails functionality regarding spam like this. Once you report something as spam, nothing from that domain or any of its subsets can get through.

Timeline
I hate having crappy neighbors, they can really make your living experience horrid. I have had my share. :(

My boss is a pretty cool person, she's funny and she's never really mean about stuff, but sometimes she just gets so wound up and turns into a whirly bird. When she starts getting like this I want to crawl under a table because she'll stop whatever she's doing and decide that it's time to reorganize files and shelves and everything. Why is this annoying? Because this is what she says when she does it:

"Hey Nevada email so and so and ask them what they want to do with these labels, we don't use them! Let's get them out of here! Hey email so and so and ask them what they want to do about these old files, I think we can send them to storage, but I am not sure, ask so and so if they have room down in their office... hey what are these markers doing here? These should be over there... figure out who put these markers here..."

Sounds like someoen with severe ADD. You should give her a Rubik's Cube when she gets like that. She'll go into her office, close the door and come out 3 hours later frustrated. But at least thats's 3 hours of peace and quiet for you :)

Yea I have thought about the ADD thing too.

She has a strong North Jersey accent and that just grinds into me like nails on a chalkboard, so nothing she says actually sounds nice, even though she isn't trying to be mean. "HEY NEVADA... WHAT ARE YA DOIN!?" :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

She has a strong North Jersey accent and that just grinds into me like nails on a chalkboard, so nothing she says actually sounds nice, even though she isn't trying to be mean. "HEY NEVADA... WHAT ARE YA DOIN!?" :lol:

I would gladly trade you for Theresa...... her new thing is she will hover around people checking them for swine flu symptoms. She had gotten over her paranoia after the initial outbreak, but now with our employer offering free H1N1 vaccines the day it comes out (Nov. 4), she is paranoid that she might contract the disease between now and then. It's really creepy when she just pops into your office and stands there. She won't say anything until you turn around and ask her what she wants, and its always the same reply "oh, I was just checking in to see how you're feeling. I know you were sick last week/month". I keep applying for job transfers for her and they keep getting denied. Nobody seems to want to take her :lol:

Timeline

Um. Gonna sound a like a dumb*#### here -- but who the hell is Nevada????

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Um. Gonna sound a like a dumb*#### here -- but who the hell is Nevada????

n00b

Sprailenes = Nevada :lol:

Timeline

OMG.

I died a slow shame-faced death.

I had NO idea. NONE.

I thought the rule was Don't tell online people your real name!!!!

I IS a noob.

it's part of my charm???

:|

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

OMG.

I died a slow shame-faced death.

I had NO idea. NONE.

I thought the rule was Don't tell online people your real name!!!!

I IS a noob.

it's part of my charm???

:|

Well, it only takes a couple of clicks or so into the timeline to see one's real first name anyhow, soooo...

:P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Oh hai!

If I may say, nice to meet you AND, that's a gorgeous name! Seriously...

I apologize... I had NO idea...

:)

Yup thats mah name. :lol:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

I have gas pains. I think I have written this exact same vent in this thread before. That's really bad.

I don't even know what it's from. That's the worst part! And sitting hurts. boooo.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Oh hai!

If I may say, nice to meet you AND, that's a gorgeous name! Seriously...

I apologize... I had NO idea...

:)

Yup thats mah name. :lol:

Spanx! I'll tell my mom that she's a great name giver person.

:P

And don't worry I'm only like 4% hurt. :(

Kidding!

Donne moi une poptart!

I have gas pains. I think I have written this exact same vent in this thread before. That's really bad.

I don't even know what it's from. That's the worst part! And sitting hurts. boooo.

Know what helps gas pains? "Venting". :yes:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.