July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This sounds ALOT like Vista issues -- I kept my home PC loaded with XP and never had a problem with anything since. I'm sorry about this -- I find computer issues THE WORST since it's how I tend to spend some of my spare time...

Not that this helps you but I'm commiserating with you...

Hope you get it resolved quick...

:)

LGG

Grr - computer vent! For a number of weeks now I have been having major computer problems with a bad driver that we couldn't locate for the longest time (appears to be one of the USBs), computer crashing 4 or 5 times a day, not letting itself turn off and having to hibernate then crashing, and any internet page taking minutes to load (and totally unable to load pages with graphics - YouTube? forget it!). Plus, the screen every now and then just goes blank and I have to manually shut it down and reboot. Tonight, I have no email. Outlook kept sending up little boxes asking me to confirm my email address and password - and when I would it would tell me it didn't recognize it! So I tried to get to the website to reset the password and couldn't get in. Since Joe is the primary account holder, he had to go in and reset my password for me - and now comcast is totally down and those annoying little boxes keep popping up every 3 minutes telling me that it can't download my email. Grrr - I have had nothing but problems with this computer from the start - and it all appears to be related to VISTA. We have ordered in Windows7 and are just waiting for it to arrive to junk this piece of junk (Vista) but things, meanwhile, or going from bad to worse. I am really getting frustrated! ok - rant over - for now - but that's mainly because I am going to turn this thing off (manually) and head to bed.

Mal - for your sore throat and incipient cold (I'm fighting something like that off as well) try Sambucol Cold and Flu tablets - it is homeopathic but it absolutely works! Also get the XClear nasal spray - it is saline with Xylitol and also really works great. The two of these together made my last cold almost a non-issue. You can get these at health food stores - I get mine at the Vitamine Shoppe - but I notice the Sambucol liquid is available at CVS. If you can't get the others, at least get that. It really does help. Hope you're feeling better soon.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hee! I work on a Mac at work and have 2 really good desktops at home!

I want a play book, music,movies, web surfing while sitting on the couch type thing. I also have set myself a budge of 400$.

This, my dear, is something that Mac is not going to abide by. For 400$ I might be able to get an AC adapter!

;)

UM, whoops. I just started a chat about Netbooks and thought this was part of that chat.

*ahem*

realize I am wrong...

S'cuse me.....

:wacko:

*cough*get a mac*cough*

:P

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Pffff.... I iz a HUGE knob sometimes.

Bless, Sprail, bless...

True true.

I wouldn't pay any more than 400.00 for crappy operating system either.

I still lubya lgg. :D *big hugz*

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
*cough*get a mac*cough*

If you want to purchase an overpriced machine that is not upgradeable :P

:wow: ####### is that about?

Drop it, I have.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline
oldimamac-big.jpg

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
You only need to upgrade if you buy ####### to begin with. :lol:

Thats not true. I upgrade my machine semi regularly because there are higher performing components released all the time. So rather than being stuck with the same sound/graphics/t.v. and any other cards, I can upgrade it. Also, unless you are building your own machine, chances are that you aren't getting the top components anyways, as is the case with mac too. The difference is, I can change mine out and mac owners cannot. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess it depends on what you want in a machine. It' not so much the PC I hate, it's windows that I despise.

Oh and i recently upgraded my mac book. So they are upgradeable. Not in the same sense though as a PC would be upgradeable... but you can upgrade the operating system.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I <3 the power tie.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I have absolutely no idea what my life is going to look like in six months. I've no clue what state we're going to end up in and whether I'll be able to find work there.

Phil's talking about goin back to school to finish his Master's. He's found the perfect project ... in Dallas. He'd get to do something he's really passionate about. If he didn't have to worry about me, he'd go back to the student lifestyle in a second. He does have to worry about me though. Now I feel like his happiness depends on whether I can find a job in Dallas in a hurry. Who on Earth is going to hire an immigrant who has been out of work for a year and lives in another state?

~ Catherine

Timeline
I guess it depends on what you want in a machine. It' not so much the PC I hate, it's windows that I despise.

Oh and i recently upgraded my mac book. So they are upgradeable. Not in the same sense though as a PC would be upgradeable... but you can upgrade the operating system.

I think if you spent 10 minutes in the Mac Store here in Santa Monica, you'd go crush every apple product you own for fear of becoming one of the hipster pod people there :lol:

Timeline
I have absolutely no idea what my life is going to look like in six months. I've no clue what state we're going to end up in and whether I'll be able to find work there.

Phil's talking about goin back to school to finish his Master's. He's found the perfect project ... in Dallas. He'd get to do something he's really passionate about. If he didn't have to worry about me, he'd go back to the student lifestyle in a second. He does have to worry about me though. Now I feel like his happiness depends on whether I can find a job in Dallas in a hurry. Who on Earth is going to hire an immigrant who has been out of work for a year and lives in another state?

~ Catherine

A competent one who has the wisdom to actually look at your resume instead of your address and immigrant status. Good luck with your search.

Timeline

Yep. Same here in Toronto. If I ever go into a Mac store for some plastic covers for my ipod, I want to poke my own eyes out -- the hipster... it's too much for me to handle!!!!

I ain't no bloody hipster!

I is a hillbilly... .

I think if you spent 10 minutes in the Mac Store here in Santa Monica, you'd go crush every apple product you own for fear of becoming one of the hipster pod people there :lol:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.