5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need some nice jam, Mal...

I like black current or cherry or blueberry.

But nice jam, not the store brand sh!t, you know? I also need some dishsoap -- the eco friendly kind, okay? And some cheese. some swiss, sharp cheddar and maybe a gouda or something. Oh a soft one too for crackers, Oka?

THanks Mal...

you're a gem...

:)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it possible to have a positive rant? Well, I have one I suppose. I just got off the phone with my health insurance provider. I had called to see if they would cover a Gardisil shot regiment if they say she has to get the whole battery of shots for her AoS. She was against the shots, but didn't want to deal with the extended wait or the added $565 (I believe) cost for the waiver that may or may not be approved, so she got the first shot. I guess i'll find out when we go to get the medical worksheet transcribed by a civil surgeon whether or not she will need to get the rest of the shots. So anyways, I prepared myself for a long protracted fight on the phone as to why they should cover the shot. Before I could get all self-righeous and indignant, the lady on the phone said "Absolutely we cover the shots, we consider that preventative medicine and support all our subscribers in that pursuit. However, we recognize that there is some discussion about the whole test and we also offer counseling to any perspective recipient concerning the drug and anything concerning it".

Timeline

AW....I love that! nothing better than getting all riled up and ready to rumble and you don't even have to! Well, okay... I like the fact the end result is great but sometimes when you prepare/anticipate a good round of whatever, it's a bit of a letdown not getting it.

and yeah... I am bit of a weirdo... whatever.

:)

That's great news -- I am actually thankful that I am too old for the Gardisil stuff as I just wo uldn't be in the mood to have to deal with it...

Awesome...

:D

Now that you're got that done and over with... would YOU Mind picking me up some groceries? (see above list) as my dear Mal seems to have gone already!

;)

Is it possible to have a positive rant? Well, I have one I suppose. I just got off the phone with my health insurance provider. I had called to see if they would cover a Gardisil shot regiment if they say she has to get the whole battery of shots for her AoS. She was against the shots, but didn't want to deal with the extended wait or the added $565 (I believe) cost for the waiver that may or may not be approved, so she got the first shot. I guess i'll find out when we go to get the medical worksheet transcribed by a civil surgeon whether or not she will need to get the rest of the shots. So anyways, I prepared myself for a long protracted fight on the phone as to why they should cover the shot. Before I could get all self-righeous and indignant, the lady on the phone said "Absolutely we cover the shots, we consider that preventative medicine and support all our subscribers in that pursuit. However, we recognize that there is some discussion about the whole test and we also offer counseling to any perspective recipient concerning the drug and anything concerning it".

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am losing the battle of being sick. Dammit!

you need more timbits! i've been told they have vitamin c, antioxidants, and a full days supply of fiber!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you need more timbits! i've been told they have vitamin c, antioxidants, and a full days supply of fiber!

Are the timbits you have Charles from Canada, or are they from an American Tim Hortons?

Stupid work vent:

Boss writes me an email to call him and check in right away. He is working in the office.

I am at a client and haven't been able to check my email, and phone email isn't working.

Could he have not just picked up the phone and called me????

Ugh...I swear, I need to find a new job or I'm going to go insane with the lack of hours and the lack of a proper manager who OWNS the freakin' company.

/rant done

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmmmmm. Have you noticed, the vent thread moved to the second page. Too many of us too happy for venting? :star:

Vent: WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE VENTING!!?

Not so much a vent, but I had told a few people connected with one employment situation that I was making this transition, but didn't know when. I hadn't told my bosses. Turns out, they figured it out. I had asked them about the dates they were going overseas for two weeks, and wrote it down (various planning reasons, not just this). Then they sort of... fished maybe, and heard through the grapevine. That was part of the reason I lost one of the classes I did for them. We're okay, I think. It was... awkward. Oops. Lesson learned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Grr - computer vent! For a number of weeks now I have been having major computer problems with a bad driver that we couldn't locate for the longest time (appears to be one of the USBs), computer crashing 4 or 5 times a day, not letting itself turn off and having to hibernate then crashing, and any internet page taking minutes to load (and totally unable to load pages with graphics - YouTube? forget it!). Plus, the screen every now and then just goes blank and I have to manually shut it down and reboot. Tonight, I have no email. Outlook kept sending up little boxes asking me to confirm my email address and password - and when I would it would tell me it didn't recognize it! So I tried to get to the website to reset the password and couldn't get in. Since Joe is the primary account holder, he had to go in and reset my password for me - and now comcast is totally down and those annoying little boxes keep popping up every 3 minutes telling me that it can't download my email. Grrr - I have had nothing but problems with this computer from the start - and it all appears to be related to VISTA. We have ordered in Windows7 and are just waiting for it to arrive to junk this piece of junk (Vista) but things, meanwhile, or going from bad to worse. I am really getting frustrated! ok - rant over - for now - but that's mainly because I am going to turn this thing off (manually) and head to bed.

Mal - for your sore throat and incipient cold (I'm fighting something like that off as well) try Sambucol Cold and Flu tablets - it is homeopathic but it absolutely works! Also get the XClear nasal spray - it is saline with Xylitol and also really works great. The two of these together made my last cold almost a non-issue. You can get these at health food stores - I get mine at the Vitamine Shoppe - but I notice the Sambucol liquid is available at CVS. If you can't get the others, at least get that. It really does help. Hope you're feeling better soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are the timbits you have Charles from Canada, or are they from an American Tim Hortons?

of course they are canadian, all the good things come from canada! if they were from the usa i'd have mentioned msg, transfat, and hfcs!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So this morning on the way to work I was driving in front of this blue acura and he was basically up my a$$.. I usually go about 5 over the speed limit, that seems to be the norm but this guy seemed to think I should have been going faster.

Finally we came to this residential intersection that is always confusing... it's a two way stop and every morning people are unsure about when it's their time to turn. I always wait for the person on the other side to give me the signal to make my left turn just because I have seen 3 accidents at this intersection.

Well, this guy didn't like it... and honked his horn continuously. First of all you've been practically bumper to bumper with me all this time and now you're honking at me? Eff you! So I make my turn and he literally just makes his turn too, not waiting at all, just to stay right behind me. I can see the stupid brat laughing in my rearview mirror and still staying really close to me.

So we drove the rest of the way in a 40 mph zone, however because of Mr. Moron behind me I decided it would be best to go about 30 and to brake often and his laughing quickly turned to complete anger and you could see him getting upset. Back off, slow down, stop being a douche wagon on the road.

I freaking hate road bullies.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

of course they are canadian, all the good things come from canada! if they were from the usa i'd have mentioned msg, transfat, and hfcs!

And be required to take their Gaurdisil series before crossing the border?

I mean... if we're going to touch on hot topics might as well touch them all! :P

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

I wouldn't expect them to drag their dog for blocks with a ####### hanging out of its as$ because they should only use their own grass.

Very nicely put - yeah. As Amanda said, it probably doesn't bother you as much because you have a dog (or maybe you don't but you are an advocate for dog poop on other people's lawns) - but anyway, it is someone elses property - they don't have to care if you trained your dog or not - it's not their dog.

You all know we have a new puppy. He walks so well on a leash. Gene's previous dog, Max never went to the bathroom in anyone else's yard but his own, so I asked Gene how we could train Gilbert to do that. He said, you just don't give them the opportunity. You walk the dog on the sidewalk, don't give him a long leash, keep him heeled to your side, and walk. A walk is exercise, not the opportunity to explore, sniff, eat and #######. :lol: So, in the three weeks we've had Gilbert, that's what I do, twice a day. He's yet to relieve himself in anyway during our walks. When we get home, I take him to our backyard, and let him go there. Praising him of course.

The enlightened!

Or maybe, you're hyper-sensitive about this because you spend too much time at home...

:wow: ####### is that about?

carlahmsb4.gif

Kathryn,

I too had problems like that a few weeks ago with my practically brand new computer. Kept having the blue screen of death, and driver issues.

Turns out...it was a microsoft update for Vista.

I went in and removed any updates that had happened since the last one, and it fixed the problem.

Now I only let updates happen when I want them too.

You might want to try that to relieve yourself of the frustration until 7 shows up :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

Oh my god Sprailenes...

Want me to take that guy down???? And I don't mean in that good way, either !

Freaking hate road bullies -- bullies in general actually. I find that when people are in a car, if they have the propensity to be a jerk, they are more so as hey, they've firmly ensconced in a ton of metal so 'screw you!!'

I am well known not for being a back seat driver but for for being the passenger seat reprimander to drivers behaving badly...

i am good at my job!

;)

So this morning on the way to work I was driving in front of this blue acura and he was basically up my a$$.. I usually go about 5 over the speed limit, that seems to be the norm but this guy seemed to think I should have been going faster.

Finally we came to this residential intersection that is always confusing... it's a two way stop and every morning people are unsure about when it's their time to turn. I always wait for the person on the other side to give me the signal to make my left turn just because I have seen 3 accidents at this intersection.

Well, this guy didn't like it... and honked his horn continuously. First of all you've been practically bumper to bumper with me all this time and now you're honking at me? Eff you! So I make my turn and he literally just makes his turn too, not waiting at all, just to stay right behind me. I can see the stupid brat laughing in my rearview mirror and still staying really close to me.

So we drove the rest of the way in a 40 mph zone, however because of Mr. Moron behind me I decided it would be best to go about 30 and to brake often and his laughing quickly turned to complete anger and you could see him getting upset. Back off, slow down, stop being a douche wagon on the road.

I freaking hate road bullies.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.