July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The thing is, I lent her 300.00 last year to help her with her dress costs and she never even paid me back.

Like you don't borrow that kind of money from someone and then just stop talking to them. Oh wait ya you do... especially if you never planned on paying them back. <_<

Still.. that's not the reason I was given, I was told that they didn't want to invite me if they knew I wouldn't show up. Yet I remember specifically telling my husband last year that my cousin would be getting married and that we'd be going. The date kept changing though because they lost their venue and all that shite.

That's terrible but not at all unusual. Now I know why I don't talk to anyone outside of my immediate family. Been through this sh*t way too many times. Most of my relatives are dead to me.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea well she looked like Shamu in her gown.

Okay now I'm just being catty and bitter... but it sure makes me feel better about the whole situation. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Okay now I'm just being catty and bitter... but it sure makes me feel better about the whole situation. :lol:

u go gurl!

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
So I've called 1 civil surgeon about the I-693 and I'm already frustrated! I got "ummm, I think we do that... want an appointment or something?" Like, buddy, you tell me, what do you want me to do?! I was transferred to 3 different people, and had to explain the situation 3 times. Finally I got transferred to an appointment line and nobody answered the phone! :angry:

Have you tried Dr. Arnold so you don't have to go in person anywhere?

No, not yet, she's the backup plan. I read a couple stories here on VJ of people having problems at the AOS interview for having an out of state civil surgeon fill out the form, for whatever reason. That and she apparently never returned July's phone calls, which isn't too reassuring! I'm going to try a couple local people first... Until I get so frustrated I give up :lol:

:lol:! Oh man... She deserved that

You all know we have a new puppy. He walks so well on a leash. Gene's previous dog, Max never went to the bathroom in anyone else's yard but his own, so I asked Gene how we could train Gilbert to do that. He said, you just don't give them the opportunity. You walk the dog on the sidewalk, don't give him a long leash, keep him heeled to your side, and walk. A walk is exercise, not the opportunity to explore, sniff, eat and #######. :lol: So, in the three weeks we've had Gilbert, that's what I do, twice a day. He's yet to relieve himself in anyway during our walks. When we get home, I take him to our backyard, and let him go there. Praising him of course.

carlahmsb4.gif

All I let my dog do is pee on trees that aren't on like... house property.

I'll let him go on the grass inbetween the sidewalk and the road if it's like an apartment's land or something.

Kids don't usually roll around in that :lol:

Not in my complex anyway.

Someone remind me to never EVER take 2 aleve on an empty stomach again.

I had a horrid headache for almost 10 hours, finally took the jump to try aleve because advil hates me and it took like 3 hours to work.

Except my stomach doesn't like it.

I hate throwing up, ugh.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
So you expect all dog owners to train their dogs to only poop in their own lawns? I think that is just a bit unreasonable. :blink:

It's one thing for a dog to ####### on someones lawn, but something wholely different to not pick it up. I have no problem with people as long as they pick up after their dog.

Well most people think it is unreasonable, that's why no one does it.

I don't have a dog, but my sister had her 1st dog for 11 years and they managed it. She now has 2 more border collies and they manage it, please refer to my first post :lol:

I read your first post, it was quite clear. People whose dogs take a dump on your lawn upset you. Thats your prerogative. I try to get my dogs to only do their business on our lawn. But I understand that nature takes its course sometimes and other peoples dogs use it too. If they clean it up, thats the responsible thing to do. If they don't, I'll either say something or pick it up with gloves and throw it at them as they walk away. I wouldn't expect them to drag their dog for blocks with a ####### hanging out of its as$ because they should only use their own grass.

Timeline
So you expect all dog owners to train their dogs to only poop in their own lawns? I think that is just a bit unreasonable. :blink:

It's one thing for a dog to ####### on someones lawn, but something wholely different to not pick it up. I have no problem with people as long as they pick up after their dog.

Well most people think it is unreasonable, that's why no one does it.

I don't have a dog, but my sister had her 1st dog for 11 years and they managed it. She now has 2 more border collies and they manage it, please refer to my first post :lol:

I read your first post, it was quite clear. People whose dogs take a dump on your lawn upset you. Thats your prerogative. I try to get my dogs to only do their business on our lawn. But I understand that nature takes its course sometimes and other peoples dogs use it too. If they clean it up, thats the responsible thing to do. If they don't, I'll either say something or pick it up with gloves and throw it at them as they walk away. I wouldn't expect them to drag their dog for blocks with a ####### hanging out of its as$ because they should only use their own grass.

:lol:

I really did LOL... now my coworkers are looking at me funny. :unsure:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Having two dogs that go to the bathroom numerous times a day is hard...but if I'm just taking them out for a bathroom break, I always only let them go on our lawn...that is why our lawn has pee spots all over it. I pick up their poop as soon as they go, and throw it in a special mini-garbage can I bought with a lid just for poop.

One time I must have not picked it up on our neighbours lawn, and I came home to find someone had thrown it at our front door. I figure it was the ppl n ext door because they are a bunch of hooligans. They are renters and it's like a teenager, a guy in his 30s who looks strung out all the time, an older guy in his 50s and then a woman that comes by once and awhile. It's weird.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Having two dogs that go to the bathroom numerous times a day is hard...but if I'm just taking them out for a bathroom break, I always only let them go on our lawn...that is why our lawn has pee spots all over it. I pick up their poop as soon as they go, and throw it in a special mini-garbage can I bought with a lid just for poop.

One time I must have not picked it up on our neighbours lawn, and I came home to find someone had thrown it at our front door. I figure it was the ppl n ext door because they are a bunch of hooligans. They are renters and it's like a teenager, a guy in his 30s who looks strung out all the time, an older guy in his 50s and then a woman that comes by once and awhile. It's weird.

I think that is reasonable. When I'm taking our dogs out, I take them to our grass. But if we're out on a walk, sometimes it happens, the dog must go. There's nothing you can do at that point but find a place for it to go and pick up after it. People have used our lawn for their dogs and usually they pick it up, but sometimes they don't. It annoys me for like 30 seconds, but I'm not going to get all peeved about it..... It's dog poop, not a missile crisis.

Timeline

Oh yeah..when I walk them they go where they want..I can't stop that! But I always pick it up and some times have to walk with it for 40 minutes! haha

Maybe it bothers us less because we have dogs? I don't know.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in a community that (at least used to be) primarily farming based... everything smells like poop already, what's a little more poop to go around?

;)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

Maybe it's because you're my friend but that made me really angry. :lol:

I was like: "Who the ** would throw dog poop at Amanda's house!? Stupid tards!"

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.