July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Seriously :( although I'll survive, I'm pissed about the way it was done -- by email, with a week notice. She didn't even try to call me before sending the email. It was tacked onto another email about some other issue/question she had about some totally different aspect of my work there. Blindsided.

It's a business decision, and presumably not personal. The employer doesn't know about my visa etc, but some of my colleagues know and I wonder whether it was leaked to them even though I told said colleagues that I hadn't told the employer yet. But I actually don't think that's the reason my class was cancelled (I teach yoga). Sooooo, it's just sh#tty that it was done so last minute and over email. sigh.

Yes that sucks!

I would never underestimate the temptation for people to tell other people your business. I would only have told my colleagues if I wanted the employer to know.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm still fairly new around here, but here's my vent...

I'm peeved that I was laid off at the beginning of this month. It's not so much THAT I was laid off -- it's the timing of it. Had it been a month or two later, it would have been no big deal to just go on E.I. for a couple of months until I can finally move down to the States. But the timing of it has made it so that I'll probably have to leave my apartment, due to its $865/m rent, possibly move back in with my parents (which is incredibly embarrassing for a thirty-year old, short-term or no!), and simply wait out the process. It makes no sense for me to find a full-time job, as I'm too ethical of a person to seek employment under false pretenses (i.e.: that I'll be around for awhile...), and any temporary / contract jobs I've looked into have had wages that are no better than what I'll be receiving from E.I. So it's a quandary. My wife is wanting me to take an extended visit down there after our case has been completed at the NVC level, so I may very well do that.

I'm also peeved because when my I-130 was approved, I was under the impression that the interview would be at the Vancouver Consulate...and I was looking at timelines, and seeing them around two months from I-130 approval etc., which would have made my lay-off truly no big deal. Of course, when I realised that it would actually be in Montreal and that there was a very large backlog...well, that was a very disheartening realisation indeed!

So there's my vent for now. I'm generally a very optimistic guy, but the events of the first half of October have definitely been a roller coaster.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'msoeffinsickofpeoplecommingintoworkandlettingtheirdogsshitalloverthefloorthe

nactliketheydon'tnoticeifeellikegoingtothemandsaying

"goodfuckinggodbudyyourdogjustshitonthefuckingfloor,howwouldyoulikeitifiwent

toyourhouseandshitonyourcouchoryourcarpetyouilliteratemorron...

can'tyouseethesignsthatsaypleasecleanupafteryourpet?whatcolorcardoyoudrivecausei'llfinditandshitonthefrontofthehood"

have fun reading that rant about work. its gross and vulgar that's why i wrote it with no spaces so that it wouldn't offend at first glance

cheers

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are awesome.

that is all.

can'tyouseethesignsthatsaypleasecleanupafteryourpet?whatcolorcardoyoudrivecausei'llfinditandshitonthefrontofthehood"

have fun reading that rant about work. its gross and vulgar that's why i wrote it with no spaces so that it wouldn't offend at first glance

cheers

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

LOL Missa.

Here to cheer you up : BEES!

How was your afterhours meeting? LOL did you get paid for that at least?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline

Where the heck do you work? :lol:

That reminds me of my former boyfriend. The guy down the street used to let his dog out and it would come directly to my lawn and sh!t on it, and the owner would never clear it up. One day my boyfriend picked up a rock and threw it at the dog and the neighbour saw it. (Funny how he could see that but not he piles of #######. But I digress.) The dog-owner said "You just threw a rock at my dog!" My boyfriend said "Yeah. And if you were shitting on the lawn, I'd throw a rock at you too!" :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Seems like a work rant day!

Cause I have to rant about work too.

I'm sick and f-ing tired of doing the manager's job.

Yet again, we couldn't get anyone for the closing shift, so we had to call the poor new person who's only been in for 2 shifts!

She probably doesnt even know what she's doing.

Usually you'd think that if someone called in sick, it's the managers job to call in someone else, right?

Not here. He tells us to get someone, ugh.

Not to mention the person who was working the counter today hardly ever does it, so she was asking me too many questions and kept trying to get me to call the people to fill in.

I had to leave without quite finishing all my work, I couldn't take it.

I really want to quit my job, but I can't.

I've been there 3 years too long :(

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my cousin got married this weekend... and everyone but me was invited to the big day.

They just ASSUMED I wouldn't be able to make it.

I am so sick of people assuming such things. :)

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
LOL Missa.

Here to cheer you up : BEES!

How was your afterhours meeting? LOL did you get paid for that at least?

my meeting was boring as hell, but we got chocolate so i kept quiet.

BEES!

lmao i work at Pet smart and the grooming department opens at 8 so people can bring their dogs in right, so the other morning at 8 ish am some guy comes in with two dogs, i go down an isle then come back out to find a massive pile of #######. so i was like alright, stay calm, just go find the guy for him to clean it up" so i did and he says to me " wans't my dogs my dogs wouldn't do that on the floor" so i lostit on him saying "BUDDY, THERES NO ONE ELSE IN HERE BUT YOU!!!!!" so after i roared at him he cleaned it up and i won

Edited by Missa

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

hehe bees...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.