July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Rhiann, since I started having my hives, I react to Advil, too. I took some last week when I had my dehydration migraine and I had a giant hive breakout. There must be an ingredient that we're sensitive to.

Perhaps.

It'd never hurt to get blood testing me thinks.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I sure have taken the "direct" approach with that username. :lol:

Hang on a minute - you calm down !!

oh and....peace.

I better step away from the computer - I am SO worked up!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

oh and....peace.

I hope it's not feline distemper. :bonk: I'd better go get the number for Rage-aholics. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

oh and....peace.

I hope it's not feline distemper. :bonk: I'd better go get the number for Rage-aholics. :lol:

I'm about to nerd rage, Mumsie.

event.png

Timeline

oh and....peace.

I'm about to nerd rage, Mumsie.

Oh, I thought that you were about to go Mumsie on someone's azz, carry on. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
Rhiann, since I started having my hives, I react to Advil, too. I took some last week when I had my dehydration migraine and I had a giant hive breakout. There must be an ingredient that we're sensitive to.

Perhaps.

That's a great idea. Sometimes it is something in the filler/binder in the medication that we are allergic to. Have you tried other ibuprofens, I don't know if they vary with respect to non-medicinal ingrdients but it might be worth a shot. I hope you find the answer and please get well soon. (L)

IR5

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone else find this username offensive? KittyKunt ?

Yes

Oh boy, what a fun day at work!

I had yet another allergy attack.

All I had today was (In this order) Diet Pepsi, Cheese Bun, Advil, Chicken Fingers and Fries.

AND WOOSH. Hives showed up on face, rash on my upper chest, face and lips started to swell, became insanely itchy and then my throat swelled up a bit.

This has happened the last 4 times I've taken advil.

I don't care if my hives are chronic, I think I'm going to get blood testing for Ibuprofen and Advil allergies.

Have you ruled out any seasoning (ie msg) in the chicken fingers and fries? I hate seasoned fries. :dead:

iagree.gif

Perhaps.

That's a great idea. Sometimes it is something in the filler/binder in the medication that we are allergic to. Have you tried other ibuprofens, I don't know if they vary with respect to non-medicinal ingrdients but it might be worth a shot. I hope you find the answer and please get well soon. (L)

I was thinking about trying other Ibuprofens, but I really don't think I want to risk another one of those attacks.

They're really nasty and the one I had today left me with wanting to scratch my skin off my body.

Does anyone else find this username offensive? KittyKunt ?

Yes

Oh boy, what a fun day at work!

I had yet another allergy attack.

All I had today was (In this order) Diet Pepsi, Cheese Bun, Advil, Chicken Fingers and Fries.

AND WOOSH. Hives showed up on face, rash on my upper chest, face and lips started to swell, became insanely itchy and then my throat swelled up a bit.

This has happened the last 4 times I've taken advil.

I don't care if my hives are chronic, I think I'm going to get blood testing for Ibuprofen and Advil allergies.

Have you ruled out any seasoning (ie msg) in the chicken fingers and fries? I hate seasoned fries. :dead:

MSG probably isn't bothering me.

I had bought 2 bottles of Clamato and drank them both within like 4 days (I love the stuff too much) and that stuff has MSG in it.

Also, the allergy attack started BEFORE I ate the chicken, and the cheese bun is made with no preservatives or anything like MSG.

So I have a feeling it's the advil, seeing as one day I had just advil and broke out and had put nothing other than water in my body.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Timeline
So I have a feeling it's the advil, seeing as one day I had just advil and broke out and had put nothing other than water in my body.

You know what..... I think you're right. You just triggered a memory for me. My Mom had been prescribed Naproxen one time and it's an anti-inflammatory NSAID also. She had such a severe allergic reaction to it that she was DOA when the ambulance finally got her to emergency. They finally brought her back with an epi injected directly into the heart muscle. Thank God.

iagree.gif

You know what..... I think you're right. You just triggered a memory for me. My Mom had been prescribed Naproxen one time and it's an anti-inflammatory NSAID also. She had such a severe allergic reaction to it that she was DOA when the ambulance finally got her to emergency. They finally brought her back with an epi injected directly into the heart muscle. Thank God.

I'm still waiting on thyroid bloodwork, but if they don't call back by the last Wednesday a month, I'm calling them.

Sadly, he's only in my city on Wednesdays, his actual office is in another city.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So

I have a feeling it's the advil, seeing as one day I had just advil and broke out and had put nothing other than water in my body.

HOLY SH!T :o

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Holy wow. Glad she came out okay!

Naproxen, aka Aleve, is an interesting little #######. Claimed to be safer than Tylenol/Advil for every-day usage, but can whack a punch.

event.png

Holy wow. Glad she came out okay!

Naproxen, aka Aleve, is an interesting little #######. Claimed to be safer than Tylenol/Advil for every-day usage, but can whack a punch.

Aleve is available in Canada now, other than BC and Newfoundland.

I personally love the stuff, it worked way better and way faster than advil, but it has some pretty nasty things associated with it, like everything does.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.