Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
charles has timbits.

Len has NO timbits.

:crying:

loser-1.gif

That was cruel charles. Very cruel. :cry:

:rofl: this from someone who said they were going to get timbits and teased me about it.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Uh, I guess I don't have anything to add to the healthcare thing other than I want onto my fiance's US healthcare.

Sure, it's pricey but I won't have to wait 1.5 months to see my doctor, sit in her office for almost an hour after my appointment time and hardly even get to talk to her because she's so darn busy.

Sure, I'll miss being able to just walk in, show my health card and walk out without paying, but I'm willing to give them 20 to 30 bucks and listen to me for as long as I need them to.

Not to mention I wont have to pay an arm and a leg for prescriptions when I get onto my fiance's heathcare.

Yeah, I agree with you treble, I personally think it's silly too. In fact I used to work with girl who at junk food all the time, pencil thin she was - no idea why - I mean she actually looked undernourished - which is beside the point - universal health care should be just that - universal.

Rhiann, I understand what you are saying, but the fact is many don't have that luxury. Also, your Husband's healthcare is only as good as his job - unless of course you two are independently wealthy.

What if he gets laid off 6 months from now, do you have the means to carry healthcare for, possibly, months until he gets a new job? If not then I bet that little card will look pretty damn good. Better to have to wait an hour than have no where to wait.

Timeline

Its pretty much impossible to compare USA vs Canada healthcare! Lot of it depends where one lives! Some places in Canada have a better dr to patient ratio. Same thing happens in the USA. If one has decent insurance in the USA, your ahead of the game. I know many that have decent healthcare insurance and they do NOT want reform at all, their opinion is screw those that don't have insurance, its not their problem. And one can see their side of it (even if it is crude) Life isn't fair, people starving in Ethiopia, while one guy just finishes off his 10 Big whooper here! I had no problems with healthcare in Canada, and I have no problems now. Guess if i lost my job, and so did my wife, ya that may change my mind, then we just move back to Canada,lol As a RN, and when patients find out I'm from Canada they always ask about the healthcare,and I say the good and bad. And I do ask occasionally how soon they get to see a Dr. Some get in right away, other have long waits as well. never going to be perfect.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Uh, I guess I don't have anything to add to the healthcare thing other than I want onto my fiance's US healthcare.

Sure, it's pricey but I won't have to wait 1.5 months to see my doctor, sit in her office for almost an hour after my appointment time and hardly even get to talk to her because she's so darn busy.

Sure, I'll miss being able to just walk in, show my health card and walk out without paying, but I'm willing to give them 20 to 30 bucks and listen to me for as long as I need them to.

Not to mention I wont have to pay an arm and a leg for prescriptions when I get onto my fiance's heathcare.

Yeah, I agree with you treble, I personally think it's silly too. In fact I used to work with girl who at junk food all the time, pencil thin she was - no idea why - I mean she actually looked undernourished - which is beside the point - universal health care should be just that - universal.

Rhiann, I understand what you are saying, but the fact is many don't have that luxury. Also, your Husband's healthcare is only as good as his job - unless of course you two are independently wealthy.

What if he gets laid off 6 months from now, do you have the means to carry healthcare for, possibly, months until he gets a new job? If not then I bet that little card will look pretty damn good. Better to have to wait an hour than have no where to wait.

That's true, trailmix.

I know I'm lucky to have nice healthcare when I move to the US and marry my fiance, but it can be taken away at anytime.

His job is pretty steady and it doesn't seem to be one of those where they're laying off people right now, with the big gift giving seasons coming, but of course who knows what'll happen.

I'm thankful I currently have no health issues, but really I can't see the future.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
charles has timbits.

Len has NO timbits.

:crying:

loser-1.gif

That was cruel charles. Very cruel. :cry:

:rofl: this from someone who said they were going to get timbits and teased me about it.......

#######. there goes my "poor me" act. you know me too much.. something shall be done :devil:

Just as long as flagellation isn't involved. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Does anyone else find this username offensive? KittyKunt ?

Yes, as a matter of fact.

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Timeline

I'm not easily offended, and yes that is the one word that does it every time.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It is pretty stupid and part of the idea in having a username and not our real names is to create a clever persona, speak to some aspect of our quotidian existence or evoke some semblance of our true inner selves and, hopefully, have some outlet for our eccentric behaviours. I'm offended, but I'm man. What exactly is he/she trying to connote? That he/she fornicates with felines, you tell me.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Oh boy, what a fun day at work!

I had yet another allergy attack.

All I had today was (In this order) Diet Pepsi, Cheese Bun, Advil, Chicken Fingers and Fries.

AND WOOSH. Hives showed up on face, rash on my upper chest, face and lips started to swell, became insanely itchy and then my throat swelled up a bit.

This has happened the last 4 times I've taken advil.

I don't care if my hives are chronic, I think I'm going to get blood testing for Ibuprofen and Advil allergies.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Rhiann, since I started having my hives, I react to Advil, too. I took some last week when I had my dehydration migraine and I had a giant hive breakout. There must be an ingredient that we're sensitive to.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.