July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Man.

I want to know what I'm allergic to.

My one side of my face is extremely swollen.

I'm thinking the hot sauce, but some days it doesn't bother me what so ever.

Next Wednesday for my allergist appointment isn't coming soon enough. :dead:

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I hear you, Cat. I'm pretty sick of it myself.

Just wanted to add, there are a lot of jerks on this site. :angry:

Yes, yes there are.

I can't offer you the same as I did for Krikit - as I don't know you.

But... you do have timbits in your siggy, so you can't be all that bad!

Counting the days till TH moves to PA....

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Man.

Oh Rhi :( I know how you're feeling, though. I stepped out of the shower last night and was just covered in red hives. Really getting tired of it.

I hear you, Cat. I'm pretty sick of it myself.

Just wanted to add, there are a lot of jerks on this site. :angry:

Yes, yes there are.

I can't offer you the same as I did for Krikit - as I don't know you.

But... you do have timbits in your siggy, so you can't be all that bad!

Counting the days till TH moves to PA....

:lol: Can't say no to timbits!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
Man.

I would highly recommend tracking everything you eat for awhile. Your allergist is more than likely going to ask you to do it as well.

I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines, and found that many people feel that it's related to food reactions. I documented everything I ate for a couple months and started noting trends leading up to headaches.

It sucks, and it is not a fast easy solution, but it can help you solve the problem.

One thing I would recommend removing from your diet is MSG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate). I know several people who have the exact reaction you're describing when they eat it - and companies put it in food all the time. It enhances food flavor.

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Man.

I would highly recommend tracking everything you eat for awhile. Your allergist is more than likely going to ask you to do it as well.

I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines, and found that many people feel that it's related to food reactions. I documented everything I ate for a couple months and started noting trends leading up to headaches.

It sucks, and it is not a fast easy solution, but it can help you solve the problem.

One thing I would recommend removing from your diet is MSG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate). I know several people who have the exact reaction you're describing when they eat it - and companies put it in food all the time. It enhances food flavor.

Well, I found out that Compliments brand Jujubes make my hives flare.

And I guess this hot sauce may be a culprit too.

I think I don't buy any foods with MSG, but I'll make sure to check the labels of what I'm eating.

I'll track food this week too. I still remember what I ate yesterday. :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Well, I found out that Compliments brand Jujubes make my hives flare.

And I guess this hot sauce may be a culprit too.

I think I don't buy any foods with MSG, but I'll make sure to check the labels of what I'm eating.

I'll track food this week too. I still remember what I ate yesterday. :lol:

It just popped into my head because of how you said it, that hot sauce doesn't always cause the issue. If you're trying different sauces, they would use different preservatives and flavorings.

Preservatives and flavorings (especially MSG) are the big culprits - in my opinion anyhow.

For me it was fake sugars (Splenda, Nutrasweet)... If I have any significant amount of them, I'll be in significant pain and possibly even trigger a migraine for a day or two.

So, in other words, I need to never upset Peachey or she can get revenge! :whistle:

<back to interview>

Filed: Timeline
hug_2.gif

But not everyone. I really appreciate your help and work Krikit. Plus, your siggy cracks me up.

Awwwww. Thanks Varba. :luv:

Yeah there are, I guess they feel like they know everything and you should listen to them? That's the feeling I get.

Yeah. That and the fact that they feel they can be rude and ignorant as all get-out. I don't get it. shrug.gif

Oh Rhi :( I know how you're feeling, though. I stepped out of the shower last night and was just covered in red hives. Really getting tired of it.

You've probably already heard this, Mal, but is it your bath products?

Totally agree. I'm an ingredients list-reader maniac. :lol: Not worth the consequences. Hope you're able to get control of it soon, Rhiann.

It's interesting that you mention the sugar substitute and migraine connection, Varba. I'll have to mention that to my friend. She gets inexplicable migraines, and she drinks diet pop sometimes. It's worth a try. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Timeline

You've probably already heard this, Mal, but is it your bath products?

I never use the same bath stuff on purpose, lol. I did find out that Tide gave me a reaction so I quit using that and switched to an Eco brand.

I think it's the fact that our building puts in extra chlorine into our water heater. This morning you could smell it.

event.png

Timeline

That's the freak thing - I never used to be like this until 1.5 years ago when I was really sick, was given antibiotics, and had a reaction to them. Ever since then - hives.

event.png

Timeline

What is in krikit's signature? I cannot see it as I can't stand to look at one more stranger's ultrasound - honestly get a grip people, it's a personal picture of your unborn child, put it in the kid's baby book and oooo and awww over it with the grandparents.

Someone mentioned this the other day but the whole replying with a wall of text (quoting) thing is making me squirrelly.

Edited by trailmix

kid_funny.jpg

is Krikit's siggy.

It's hillarious

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did not know you could block someone's siggy

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
What is in krikit's signature? I cannot see it as I can't stand to look at one more stranger's ultrasound - honestly get a grip people, it's a personal picture of your unborn child, put it in the kid's baby book and oooo and awww over it with the grandparents.

Someone mentioned this the other day but the whole replying with a wall of text (quoting) thing is making me squirrelly.

The 4D ones are the best.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.