July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd squeal. Do it. Write a letter complaining about the water bill and how unfair you find it. You shouldn't be paying for their water. :)

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'd squeal. Do it. Write a letter complaining about the water bill and how unfair you find it. You shouldn't be paying for their water. :)

I hear you Jill, i'm not a 'squealer' either :lol:

However, take a moment to figure out how long you or your Husband have to work to cover that additional $30 or so. Say it's 2-3 hours. Then decide if you want to work 2-3 hours to help support the new inhabitants downstairs.

Now if you do, more power to you and that's very nice - I don't know that I would.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grrrrr so our fridge is dying.. I have noticed the last month or two that things are not as cold in there...

we did go fridge sopping last week and found a nice brand new Whirlpool side by side fridge at Best Buy for about 700 bucks.. we applied for credit to get it but we weren't accepted

so now we either have to save up the money or just buy a cheaper fridge off Craigslist or something.. only problem there is that we would have to borrow a truck and then have to deal with loading and unloading the fridge :wacko:

oh and I checked the temp in the fridge yesterday and it is about 48 degrees and this is with it cranked all the way up :blink:

we do have a small mini fridge upstairs where I now keep the milk but it is not big enough to keep everything...

oh and it is not worth it to fix this fridge.. I think it is from the 80's :P ....we got it used from his sister...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Speaking of doing nice things for others...

Tonight at Ethan's hockey practise this kid on his team was all frazzled about his skates not being sharp. He was upset last week because they weren't sharp, and apparently his parents are never around because they have like 7 kids and are busy. So I tell him to give me his skates and I run over to sharpen them. Well Mike gets all upset about it saying: "Is his parents going to give you $8.00 back for that?"

Umm no, it's $8.00... who cares, his parents are obviously not here to do this and its been an issue since last week.. I don't mind.

It sure made Mike crabby though. He told me he hates that I do stuff like that and that I need to toughen up. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

However, take a moment to figure out how long you or your Husband have to work to cover that additional $30 or so. Say it's 2-3 hours. Then decide if you want to work 2-3 hours to help support the new inhabitants downstairs.

Now if you do, more power to you and that's very nice - I don't know that I would.

Oh when you put it that way.... I think I will write a letter! It shouldn't be up to us to pay their share of the water, all those extra showers, laundry loads, toilet flushes, etc. So not cool. It sucks how the bill is split it half, not sure why. The water company sends a bill to the landlord each month since she owns the duplex, then she sends us each a bill of half the cost, I don't think there is anyway to seperate the bill (must come from the same 'line' or something) I'm tired of being Mr. nice guy :lol: I'm SURE if the landlord knew this many people would have moved in, she never would have rented to this woman

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
grrrrr so our fridge is dying.. I have noticed the last month or two that things are not as cold in there...

we did go fridge sopping last week and found a nice brand new Whirlpool side by side fridge at Best Buy for about 700 bucks.. we applied for credit to get it but we weren't accepted

so now we either have to save up the money or just buy a cheaper fridge off Craigslist or something.. only problem there is that we would have to borrow a truck and then have to deal with loading and unloading the fridge :wacko:

oh and I checked the temp in the fridge yesterday and it is about 48 degrees and this is with it cranked all the way up :blink:

we do have a small mini fridge upstairs where I now keep the milk but it is not big enough to keep everything...

oh and it is not worth it to fix this fridge.. I think it is from the 80's :P ....we got it used from his sister...

Could you possibly put a new fridge on your credit card and pay it off over a few months? That's what we had to do when we needed a new fridge, we couldn't afford it right away so we paid it off the CC. I know that's not ideal, but a fridge is a necessity that's why we did it. We don't put "luxury" items on our CC though

Tonight at Ethan's hockey practise this kid on his team was all frazzled about his skates not being sharp. He was upset last week because they weren't sharp, and apparently his parents are never around because they have like 7 kids and are busy. So I tell him to give me his skates and I run over to sharpen them. Well Mike gets all upset about it saying: "Is his parents going to give you $8.00 back for that?"

Umm no, it's $8.00... who cares, his parents are obviously not here to do this and its been an issue since last week.. I don't mind.

It sure made Mike crabby though. He told me he hates that I do stuff like that and that I need to toughen up. :lol:

That's so sweet! I don't think you need to toughen up, this country needs more people like that (doing kind things for one another)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Oh when you put it that way.... I think I will write a letter! It shouldn't be up to us to pay their share of the water, all those extra showers, laundry loads, toilet flushes, etc. So not cool. It sucks how the bill is split it half, not sure why. The water company sends a bill to the landlord each month since she owns the duplex, then she sends us each a bill of half the cost, I don't think there is anyway to seperate the bill (must come from the same 'line' or something) I'm tired of being Mr. nice guy :lol: I'm SURE if the landlord knew this many people would have moved in, she never would have rented to this woman

it is interesting that the landlord hasn't seem to have noticed that the bill has gone up significantly..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

well we could do that if we had enough room on our credit card...:P our limit isn't very big to begin with..

we are in the middle of trying to pay them off right now... we made some not so good decisions a few years back... well, we thought they were good at the time...

I really want that Whirlpool fridge.. I think it would be a good investment rather then buying a secondhand one that might break down quickly...

the hubby does have a bonus coming in a few weeks, we might be able to use that.. although I wanted to use that to get our passports and our plane tickets to go to Canada for Christmas... :unsure:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

That was very nice of you! John is like that...and I'm much like Mike :lol: But for a kid I wouldn't mind :)

The other place we lived was a 10 apartment antebellum mansion that was heated by Oil, both the radiators and the water.

Now, water was paid for by the landlords (not that cheap in our little town, so I took a lot of baths when they ticked me off :P) but the oil was split by all of the tenants (she split it by 10 even if all the apartments weren't occupied). Well, to make a long story short, one of the tenants was having an issue with his radiator, and one was never home, and was in fact living in DC with a girlfriend, but kept his windows open in the winter time! Our Oil bills were through the roof! I think for one month we all ended up paying $350/tenant to cover the cost. :blink:

I hate Oil and will never live in another place with it. If we do end up finding a place that is heated by oil we'll convert to propane, or a heat pump.

So, I feel your pain!! Oh, and I'd 'squeal' :D

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline
I'm think I should start a support group for wives with crazy mother in laws. :lol:

I really do.

Seriously maybe you should.

Yes, I think you would have a lot of members :whistle:

I'd join! :lol:

So there have been alot of apartment vents as of late.... so here is my own :lol:

< snip >

Oh, no way!! There is not a chance in hell I'd be paying for someone else's utilities. I'm glad you're writing that letter.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I'm getting so tired of inconsiderate people.

Yesterday, while I was in the line to clear customs, I let a young couple with their baby ( probably around ten months old ) into the line in front of me. I figured it was a blessing that the little one was being so quiet after the plane ride and it would be great to get him on his way home while he was being patient. The American tourists directly behind me were obviously upset. This particular line moves very quickly. You walk up to a guy that looks at your form and either points you towards the customs inspectors or sends you out the door. About 90% of people get sent out with no inspection so letting the baby go first might have added 30 seconds to these people's wait. I can't believe someone would get their knickers in a twist over thirty seconds. If the little man ran out of patience, we'd all have been suffering through his crying the whole time we were in line.

~ Catherine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I hear you, Cat. I'm pretty sick of it myself.

Just wanted to add, there are a lot of jerks on this site. :angry:

hug_2.gif

But not everyone. I really appreciate your help and work Krikit. Plus, your siggy cracks me up.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Yeah there are, I guess they feel like they know everything and you should listen to them? That's the feeling I get.

That's why I hang around in the Canada forums :)

Oh Marilyn, I first read that your "fudge" broke. I can cook you up some and mail it if you would like :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.