July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My MIL drives me nuts...enough said.

I don't even know her and she drives me nuts too. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrr - it looks like my US passport has gone missing in the mail! It was sent to me on September 18th by priority mail at the same time as my passport card and my citizenship certificate. The tracking report from USPS said to expect delivery around the 23rd. My citizenship certifiicate (thank God) and the passport card have both arrived - but my US passport is no where to be found. I filed a complaint with USPS online tonight and I will be going to the post office on Monday to complain in person. I am not impressed and will be really annoyed if I have to refile all over again submitting the report of a lost or stolen passport with my application. Grrr - I am not going to pay the fee again - the Post Office can pay for that since they are the ones who have lost it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Grrr - it looks like my US passport has gone missing in the mail! It was sent to me on September 18th by priority mail at the same time as my passport card and my citizenship certificate. The tracking report from USPS said to expect delivery around the 23rd. My citizenship certifiicate (thank God) and the passport card have both arrived - but my US passport is no where to be found. I filed a complaint with USPS online tonight and I will be going to the post office on Monday to complain in person. I am not impressed and will be really annoyed if I have to refile all over again submitting the report of a lost or stolen passport with my application. Grrr - I am not going to pay the fee again - the Post Office can pay for that since they are the ones who have lost it.

Oh god! For all the things to be lost in the mail, passport is the worst!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline

People who quote huge entire posts, or multiple posts, for no reason whatsoever. icon2.gif

Grrr - it looks like my US passport has gone missing in the mail! It was sent to me on September 18th by priority mail at the same time as my passport card and my citizenship certificate. The tracking report from USPS said to expect delivery around the 23rd. My citizenship certifiicate (thank God) and the passport card have both arrived - but my US passport is no where to be found.

It seems odd that you received two of the three. It sounds like Passport Canada forgot to put it in with them. Unless they're all arriving separately? :unsure: I really really really hope it shows up soon, Kathryn.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My rant? People I work with who constantly try to convince me that moving to Canada is going to be the worst mistake of my life b/c I will die from the horrible health care, my daughter might die from the horrible health care, and the education system is far worse than the US. :blink: Excuse me???? How the h*ll do THEY know this????

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My rant? People I work with who constantly try to convince me that moving to Canada is going to be the worst mistake of my life b/c I will die from the horrible health care, my daughter might die from the horrible health care, and the education system is far worse than the US. :blink: Excuse me???? How the h*ll do THEY know this????

Gah, don't you love that. :blink:

Timeline

I had one teacher actually say "Oh my goodness! Why would you want to teach in Canada? Their education is horrible and the teachers are paid less than here (the U.S.)". Sigh...so much misinformation really chaps my hide, ya know?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had one teacher actually say "Oh my goodness! Why would you want to teach in Canada? Their education is horrible and the teachers are paid less than here (the U.S.)". Sigh...so much misinformation really chaps my hide, ya know?

LOL, tell them to check out HI. Lowest paid teachers in the union, worst testing scores and the ever-so-smart government has decided to furlough teachers 17-21 days per year for the next two years. And parent's here only seem to care how they're going to pay for/arrange child-care on Fridays. Yup - that's the worst of it. :o

Timeline

State colleges and univeristies are taking the worst cut of the schools...11 days and probably more. Public school teachers and staff are being furloughed three days...two days for support staff. At least our system is taking those furlough days out of our paychecks slowly, over the next 10 months so it's not such a burden all at once. AND they're talking that they (our illustrious BOE) might have to have more furlough days. I'm an assistant teacher, make less than $18K a year and I'm losing roughly $195 dollars. Might not seem like much but from my check it is.

Sigh.

I bet they're not furloughing teachers and staff in Canada.

Filed: Timeline

:blink:

They obviously have no knowledge or understanding of the Canadian healthcare and educational systems. I know people who are working here who won't bring their families to the US for those very reasons. Haha. You win, they lose, Karen. Enjoy Canada. :)

And on another note...... WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?!!!!! :bonk:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:blink:

They obviously have no knowledge or understanding of the Canadian healthcare and educational systems. I know people who are working here who won't bring their families to the US for those very reasons. Haha. You win, they lose, Karen. Enjoy Canada. :)

And on another note...... WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?!!!!! :bonk:

OT??? Yeah, I know! GAH!

Oh I can't wait til we can start the paperwork and move! Gotta wait a few more years....unless something happens and her bio dad either agrees or...aliens whisk him away to their home planet. ;)

Timeline
Grrr - it looks like my US passport has gone missing in the mail! It was sent to me on September 18th by priority mail at the same time as my passport card and my citizenship certificate. The tracking report from USPS said to expect delivery around the 23rd. My citizenship certifiicate (thank God) and the passport card have both arrived - but my US passport is no where to be found.

It seems odd that you received two of the three. It sounds like Passport Canada forgot to put it in with them. Unless they're all arriving separately? :unsure: I really really really hope it shows up soon, Kathryn.

They were mailed in 3 separate packages. I was told that is what would happen. I did call the Passport Office on the 24th and spoke to a real individual who double checked that yes, they did produce the passport as well as the passport card, and yes, all three of them were mailed on the 18th. They all were mailed from 3 different locations which is why they are separate mailings. It wasn't my Canadian passport either - it is my brand new US passport.

Not having a good day today - the stray gray cat who has been living on our porch since last January has gone missing as well - he disappeared some time yesterday afternoon and never showed up this morning for breakfast - that is the first time he hasn't shown up so if he could be here he would. I just hope he is stuck in someone's garage and they'll find him tomorrow when they go to work. Meanwhile, I am worrying.

Plus, some idiot is sabotaging the feeding station I set up for the ferals so I have to go and check several times a day to make sure everything is ok. It is on private property and I have permission from the owners to have it there so it really irks me that someone keeps trashing it. I have posted a notice so hopefully that will keep things safe there.

And of course, I am still having major computer problems. We have identified it as a bad driver but can't find out which driver! We're at the stage where we are just going to wipe the whole thing clean and re-install Vista again from the recovery disk so I have to save off all of my bookmarks and cookies and files etc. somewhere safe so I don't loose all of those as well. Have I mentioned how I hate Vista? It has been crappy from the first day I got this computer. We have ordered Windows 7 but it won't be available until later in October. I can hardly wait to get rid of this stupid OS.

GRRR - I am not in a good mood today.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
People who quote huge entire posts, or multiple posts, for no reason whatsoever. icon2.gif

:lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I hate falling asleep in the middle of the day, I always wake up sooo confused and then I feel like I am catching up for the rest of the day.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.