July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank goodness.. the laptop is still alive!!!!! :dance::dance::D :D :D

we have been letting it dry in front of the fan for the last few days and I just tried it now...

phew!!

I just need to figure out how to get inside it to see if it needs cleaning on the inside... maybe I should take it in and let professional do that...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Some people seriously need to have someone speak to them about their customer service skills. Some people are so stupid sometimes - omg - i'm not talking about basic stuff, i'm just saying that some idiots need someone to explain to some people that there is a good way and a bad way to go about stuff.

:unsure:

Glad your laptop's working now, Marilyn! :dance:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we have been letting it dry in front of the fan for the last few days and I just tried it now...

phew!!

I just need to figure out how to get inside it to see if it needs cleaning on the inside... maybe I should take it in and let professional do that...

It's not hard to open up a laptop Marilyn... call Dell (or the maker) and they should be able to walk you through the process :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

phew!!

It's not hard to open up a laptop Marilyn... call Dell (or the maker) and they should be able to walk you through the process :)

Or more likely they will tell you that opening it up yourself voids any warranty. It isn't hard to open it up, but it's also not hard to mess things up. :whistle:

If it's not something that you're quite comfortable doing yourself, I'd take it in to get it done.

Timeline

phew!!

Or more likely they will tell you that opening it up yourself voids any warranty. It isn't hard to open it up, but it's also not hard to mess things up. :whistle:

If it's not something that you're quite comfortable doing yours

This isn't my experience. Dell tech actually walked me through it.. it's the spilling of juice / coffee on the laptop that voids the warranty not opening the thing up... of course if you aren't comfortable you should take it to someone else. but it's really not that difficult..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

phew!!

If it's not something that you're quite comfortable doing yours

This isn't my experience. Dell tech actually walked me through it.. it's the spilling of juice / coffee on the laptop that voids the warranty not opening the thing up... of course if you aren't comfortable you should take it to someone else. but it's really not that difficult..

HP techs told me specifically that if I did that I would void my warranty. I've seen weveral people screw things up while cleaning their mobo with q-tips and rubbing alcohol :lol:

Timeline

well, my problem isn't that I don't know how to take it apart... we took out all the screws.. the case just doesn't want to come off.. it comes off part way but something is still holding it in place and I am scared to put too much pressure in case it cracks..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay so for the first time in 6 months, I had a client that I wanted to seriously kick in the head today. He seriously had the audacity to complain that for $545/wk on UI benefits, it was too much work to look for work and have to file for benefits by phone once every two weeks. So much so that he thinks it just isn't worth to keep filing for benefits.

Gah. Seriously. Too much work to look for work?! :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Okay so for the first time in 6 months, I had a client that I wanted to seriously kick in the head today. He seriously had the audacity to complain that for $545/wk on UI benefits, it was too much work to look for work and have to file for benefits by phone once every two weeks. So much so that he thinks it just isn't worth to keep filing for benefits.

another obama supporter, obviously.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

How can you jump there? I think you have been brainwashed.

Timeline

fine fishing in these waters. i think i've got the right bait.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

anddddddddddddd you're wrong again!

Timeline

anddddddddddddd you're wrong again!

i can't be wrong, nessa hasn't made a new poll. :D

time to switch to the timbits bait. or maybe this baby seal might get a bite........

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Oh my god there is like attack of the beetles in my apt today.... All these disgusting flying beetles are somehow getting in and they are making me sick! I can't kill them all in time, more keep coming. My husband said at this time of year it's normal for beetles to be all over the area, it happens every Sept.... EWWWWWWWWWW

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.