The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Orrr you could forget the laptop altogether (if you have to get a new computer) and just get him a pc that sits under the desk away from beverages. :hehe:

:P...

I just know now not to put drinks by the laptop.. that was my first time ever doing that... stupid me :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hmm so I was just cheeking out the BC Health site and I guess I was supposed to fill out a form to let them know I moved

https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/exforms/msp/7063.html#carecard

I guess I just assumed that if I let the revenue service know that I moved that it would cover that too because I thought they were connected because how much money you make determines if and how much of a premium you pay..... and it didn't really cross my mind because I hadn't had to pay the premiums for awhile because I didn't make enough money..

so I just called and got this sorted out... I was on hold for like 30 minutes (thank goodness for Vonage :P)

I told the lady that I have been a permanent resident here since April 2005 and then she said a few other things and then said well you must have been filing taxes recently because they didn't start billing you till sometime in 2008 :o.. then I told her the last time I filled taxes was in 2006.. and then she said oh that is ok.. and the she said she would forward the information and that I shouldn't have to pay anything.. phew!!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn,

Sorry to hear about the computer - I always get nervous for Joe because he often sets his drinks beside his keyboard as well.

He has a netbook and one of the things he has done to compensate for the smaller screen when at home is to plug in a separate monitor and voila - it has a big screen. He has a Sumsung N120 and really likes it, although he did upgrade the memory and hard drive.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Might have to give our dog away. Gah I am so angry at her for being so fvcking stupid.

She bit Ethan last week on the stomach and broke his skin while he was walking by, and just a little while ago he was laying down and she literally ran over and bit his lip and broke the skin. She has been so testy lately but you can't just bite children. If he went to school tomorrow and the teacher asked him what happened to his lip and he says our dog bit him, she could easily report it. I am lucky he didn't need stitches.

This is the second time in two weeks that she's bit him enough to make him bleed. I don't even know what to do. What p1sses me off most is my husband babies her, and tells me that she's just a dog. Yea okay, can't wait for that excuse when DYFS is knocking at our door.

My son comes before the dog.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Might have to give our dog away. Gah I am so angry at her for being so fvcking stupid.

She bit Ethan last week on the stomach and broke his skin while he was walking by, and just a little while ago he was laying down and she literally ran over and bit his lip and broke the skin. She has been so testy lately but you can't just bite children. If he went to school tomorrow and the teacher asked him what happened to his lip and he says our dog bit him, she could easily report it. I am lucky he didn't need stitches.

This is the second time in two weeks that she's bit him enough to make him bleed. I don't even know what to do. What p1sses me off most is my husband babies her, and tells me that she's just a dog. Yea okay, can't wait for that excuse when DYFS is knocking at our door.

My son comes before the dog.

I agree with you and if hes coddling her shes not going to snap out of this. How old is she? I know it must be very hard to think about having to give her away, maybe you can retrain her with a muzzle? Is there any reason she seems to be so testy?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

She's 7 years old. She's been fine before but lately she's just been attacking him. He just came back after two months in Canada, but still. She was just sits on his lap, and she plays with him but she'll turn on him so fast too.

All of these things have happened while she's been on our bed though. Sometimes we'll watch TV in here and when Ethan wants to come in and sit with here she'll get mad. She's growled at me too when I come to get into bed at night or something but she's never bit me. I am thinking maybe she sees the bed as her territory and perhaps we need to stop letting her get up on the bed.

I'll try that. As of right now she's outside the room and the door is closed, I am not letting her in here tonight. I know she doesn't understand a grudge but I'm holding one anyways.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
She's 7 years old. She's been fine before but lately she's just been attacking him. He just came back after two months in Canada, but still. She was just sits on his lap, and she plays with him but she'll turn on him so fast too.

All of these things have happened while she's been on our bed though. Sometimes we'll watch TV in here and when Ethan wants to come in and sit with here she'll get mad. She's growled at me too when I come to get into bed at night or something but she's never bit me. I am thinking maybe she sees the bed as her territory and perhaps we need to stop letting her get up on the bed.

I'll try that. As of right now she's outside the room and the door is closed, I am not letting her in here tonight. I know she doesn't understand a grudge but I'm holding one anyways.

lol I don't blame you. If thats where shes always doing it, definately keep her from the bed to see if that changes. She may be doing just what you think, taking over your bed as her property, but as you are alpha over her she hasn't launched at you like shes doing to Ethan. I hope she straightens out for you!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Timeline

Hope your laptop comes back to life, Marilyn!

Horrible to hear of your territorial dog, Sprailenes. I think you're doing the right thing.

So Phil and I have apparently attracted yet another cat. Well, most likely my three cats have attracted it. For the last three nights, a black and white cat has climbled onto out second story balcony to scratch at the windows and howl at my three cats... at around 3am.

I have no idea what to do about this cat. It howls loudly enough to wake us and the neighbors. I'm worried they'll think is our cats making the noise and complain to the property managers. I could go talk to the managers but they probably just call animal control. The cat is feral so it'll probably get put to sleep. :(

~ Catherine

That reminds me of the time my neighbour came over to my house dangling a ginger cat by the scruff of its neck and yelling "IS THIS YOUR CAT??!! IT KEEPS COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE AND DRIVING MY CAT CRAZY!!!!!"

My son looked behind him at our ginger cat (it was a house cat..... we never let it outside) and said "Uhhh..... no." The guy looked sheepish and left. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hope your laptop comes back to life, Marilyn!

Horrible to hear of your territorial dog, Sprailenes. I think you're doing the right thing.

So Phil and I have apparently attracted yet another cat. Well, most likely my three cats have attracted it. For the last three nights, a black and white cat has climbled onto out second story balcony to scratch at the windows and howl at my three cats... at around 3am.

I have no idea what to do about this cat. It howls loudly enough to wake us and the neighbors. I'm worried they'll think is our cats making the noise and complain to the property managers. I could go talk to the managers but they probably just call animal control. The cat is feral so it'll probably get put to sleep. :(

~ Catherine

That reminds me of the time my neighbour came over to my house dangling a ginger cat by the scruff of its neck and yelling "IS THIS YOUR CAT??!! IT KEEPS COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE AND DRIVING MY CAT CRAZY!!!!!"

My son looked behind him at our ginger cat (it was a house cat..... we never let it outside) and said "Uhhh..... no." The guy looked sheepish and left. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah sounds like a territory thing Sprailenes, as you mentioned - good luck :thumbs:

Oh and Marilyn, you aren't stupid! The coke spill could happen to any of us! I always put a drink beside my laptop keyboard, just lucky I haven't spilt anything on it yet!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My rant is pretty stupid.

I have a restriction on my New York driver's license that says "Temporary Resident" and an expiry date with the expiry of my I-94. Well, it expired Sept 4th, and I'm supposed to go update it with my greencard, which is all fine. The license itself doesn't expire until 2013, but the temporary resident expiry is in BIG bright red print very visible on the front, so I can see why people who don't really know what it means would think it's expired.

So I was just going to wait until I got my GC, which should be anytime now..., Except, now I have to travel/fly for work, and I've already had someone comment that my license is expired, so I really can't risk it at security with flying. I can't use my passport because I stupidly booked the flight in my married name. I could try travelling with my EAD card, but I can find any info saying thats acceptable...

Anyways, I woke up early to go to the DMV this morning before work to update my license and I forgot my SS card!! UGH, so I woke up for nothing.

So now I have to go back again on Thursday early to try again. And, now they'll update it with my EAD expiry date, and then i have to go back AGAIN when I get my GC. Such a pain. Luckily I work right beside the DMV and the line wasn't too bad if you go about 30 minutes before they open.

Nothing can ever be easy, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Some people seriously need to have someone speak to them about their customer service skills. Some people are so stupid sometimes - omg - i'm not talking about basic stuff, i'm just saying that some idiots need someone to explain to some people that there is a good way and a bad way to go about stuff.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Some people seriously need to have someone speak to them about their customer service skills. Some people are so stupid sometimes - omg - i'm not talking about basic stuff, i'm just saying that some idiots need someone to explain to some people that there is a good way and a bad way to go about stuff.

I totally agree. NYC has the worst customer service in the world. People here just don't get the concept at all.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Yep. I'm pretty po'd with Shaw's technical support.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.