July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm so I was just cheeking out the BC Health site and I guess I was supposed to fill out a form to let them know I moved

https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/exforms/msp/7063.html#carecard

I guess I just assumed that if I let the revenue service know that I moved that it would cover that too because I thought they were connected because how much money you make determines if and how much of a premium you pay..... and it didn't really cross my mind because I hadn't had to pay the premiums for awhile because I didn't make enough money..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've said great things about Purolator before - I have used them quite frequently and always had great service.

Not today.

When we were travelling back to Calgary we left our laptop power cord in a hotel in Brandon. np - the hotel person would send it back to us and bill our credit card.

It didn't show up until around the 20th of August (we arrived on the 5th).

So I get my visa bill the other day, there is a duplicate charge for $ 30.57 from purolator, one for the 12th and one for the 20th.

I call purolator this morning, ok we can refund that, fax us a copy of your visa bill.

I wasn't very happy with having to fax anything - you billed it, why do I have to send you my credit card statement to prove what you already know. So I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. The person who answers says, would you like me to try and help you? I said sure. I am still on the phone with them because mostly I have been on hold while she checks this out. This call is currently 30 minutes.

She just came back on a minute ago and basically told me that the charges seem valid (for some unknown reason the two transactions have different transaction codes, ie someone put on a new barcode the second time it was delivered).

I said, I hear what you are saying, but i'm telling you that there was only one delivery. I finally said to her - well (this is the good part, the part where you get to do their job for them) - the delivery had to be signed for - so if you look you will see that only the second delivery has a signature and the first one doesn't :blink:

Off she went again and they are now issuing a refund.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

LoL @ Purolator. When I first heard mel use that name, I was quite perplexed. Purolator here is the name of a company that makes air, water, and oil filters, mostly for cars, but also for home filtration devices. I think it was about 2 weeks before I finally asked her, "why are you calling a filter company to come pick up contracts at work?" :blush:

I hate Canada Post!!! I feel like that episode of Family Guy where Stewie beats up Brian saying "Where's my money, give me my money"!!! For god freakin sakes, its not like it was mailed across Canada, it originated from downtown Regina and Im in the same city!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: Sent in the mail on Wednesday my ####.....&*$($)$*##)_@)@_@_#@)

Oh yeah and my last day with my family as mom will be working all weekend....had to break up a screaming fight between her and my sister....just what I wanted to deal with with all of us together!

:ranting::girlwerewolf2xn:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know what bothers me?

People who don't understand. I don't know how many times I can explain it to friends who ask me and Mike to go out for a night on the town. First of all, we have a child. We are FREE all summer long and no one asks us to go out then, but as soon as September rolls around it's like people want us to go out. We can't. And I have never allowed a baby sitter to watch my son, and never will - personal issues with them.

Last week one of Mike's coworkers messaged me and was like: "Hey you should come into the city after work on Thursday, we're gonna go out"

Sure! I'll get right on that! You know, it's just a freaking school night for MY SON. GAH!

I just said that too, without the "freaking" and she writes back and says: "Oh! I keep forgetting you guys have a kid"

Yea hi, the KID has a name.

<_<

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

I was staying with one of my cousins while her husband was on a golf trip one weekend. They had just had a baby not long before. So anyway, we get the baby off to sleep for the night and we're out back yakking and stuff when we get this great idea to go out somewhere like we used to. So we're all excited and jump up and get ready to go out the door when all of a sudden she turns to me and says "We can't go out! I have a baby!!!!!" :o

OMG, we almost fell on the floor killing ourselves laughing. We forgot about the baby!! How embarrassing. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: That is funny! Aww!

I can understand if the baby was just born.

It's mostly just unmarried, childless people who don't get it. Mike's coworkers are fresh out of university so they're the types who go out on work nights to fancy bars and can get 3 hours of sleep before work the next day. Mike and I just can't do that. Also I just can't justify spending the kind of money they do on a night out.

I can't wait till these people have kids, I plan on calling them up EVERY single day and saying: "HAI LETS GO GET SMASHED MAN!" :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

It's mostly just unmarried, childless people who don't get it. Mike's coworkers are fresh out of university so they're the types who go out on work nights to fancy bars and can get 3 hours of sleep before work the next day. Mike and I just can't do that. Also I just can't justify spending the kind of money they do on a night out.

I can't wait till these people have kids, I plan on calling them up EVERY single day and saying: "HAI LETS GO GET SMASHED MAN!" :lol:

I can understand how you think that childless people don't get it, but at the same time, I think it's important to get out with your husband without your son once in a while as well. Maybe not a night out on the town getting smashed :lol: , but maybe joining them for a few drinks or an early supper. I noticed you said earlier though that you would never trust getting a babysitter. I suppose you could never trust anyone 100%, but isn't there someone you could get babysit? What about your in-laws?

I had some wonderful babysitters for my kids when they were younger. All our families were thousands of miles away from us when my kids were young. It's tough, but I think it's important to get away from your kids once in a while.

On another note, I know that now, I have some friends who are having kids, they're in their 40's, and everytime we go out, they bring their kids. I don't mind it once in a while, but we've actually bowed out of going out with a few now because we're tired of either entertaining their children when we're visiting (this is when we're out, not at their house), or just having ten million interruptions or tantrums or crying jags when visiting. So bringing kids all the time is not the best option all the time either.

Sometimes, those of us that have older children now, don't forget that others have kids, but we don't want those people to think we've forgotten them, or we hope they can get a babysitter once in a while and join us!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

So Phil and I have apparently attracted yet another cat. Well, most likely my three cats have attracted it. For the last three nights, a black and white cat has climbled onto out second story balcony to scratch at the windows and howl at my three cats... at around 3am.

I have no idea what to do about this cat. It howls loudly enough to wake us and the neighbors. I'm worried they'll think is our cats making the noise and complain to the property managers. I could go talk to the managers but they probably just call animal control. The cat is feral so it'll probably get put to sleep. :(

~ Catherine

Timeline

I can understand how you think that childless people don't get it, but at the same time, I think it's important to get out with your husband without your son once in a while as well. Maybe not a night out on the town getting smashed :lol: , but maybe joining them for a few drinks or an early supper. I noticed you said earlier though that you would never trust getting a babysitter. I suppose you could never trust anyone 100%, but isn't there someone you could get babysit? What about your in-laws?

I had some wonderful babysitters for my kids when they were younger. All our families were thousands of miles away from us when my kids were young. It's tough, but I think it's important to get away from your kids once in a while.

On another note, I know that now, I have some friends who are having kids, they're in their 40's, and everytime we go out, they bring their kids. I don't mind it once in a while, but we've actually bowed out of going out with a few now because we're tired of either entertaining their children when we're visiting (this is when we're out, not at their house), or just having ten million interruptions or tantrums or crying jags when visiting. So bringing kids all the time is not the best option all the time either.

Sometimes, those of us that have older children now, don't forget that others have kids, but we don't want those people to think we've forgotten them, or we hope they can get a babysitter once in a while and join us!

But we have two months that are without Ethan.... that's 60 days. So technically he just returned. I couldn't imagine just finding someone to watch him so I can have some alone time with Mike. I have had 60 days of alone time. We enjoy his company, we like going out together as a family. The MIL isn't exactly a positive influence on him either. And babysitters are a no-no for me. I wouldn't go out with these people with Ethan - they aren't kid-friendly types. We just either go out separately or don't go out at all and we're okay with that. Mike and I just get tired of reminding people is all. :lol:

It's just been two months without Ethan and now that september rolls around they are all asking us to go out. These people are also the types who like to go out and drop 200.00 on a meal. Mike and I could figure out how to spend that 200.00 elsewhere. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

argh, I am such an idiot :crying:

so last night when my hubby got home he was doing some courses for work on his laptop .. I bring him a drink and set it beside the laptop on the tv table type thing... so anyways a couple hours go by and he finished what he was doing and he hadn't really drank the coke.. he got up to grab his dinner from the kitchen... I grabbed the pillow that was on the couch to put the pillow case back on and somehow I knock the coke over...

oh how I wish that the hubster had shut the laptop but nope it spilled all over the keyboard.... my first reaction was to yell for paper towels.. when it should have been unplug the laptop :wacko: anywho, we did unplug it shortly after... hubby picked up the laptop and tipped it and a bunch of coke came out :blink: we took it apart sort of and now it is sitting in front of the fan..

I am trying to find a computer repair shop around here.. they say if you spill coke on a laptop you should take it to professional to clean it..

I feel so bad right now.. we have only had this laptop for like 4 months and the last payment on it came out a few days ago... at the time I had been joking by saying "just watch, now it is going to break down"... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so last night when my hubby got home he was doing some courses for work on his laptop .. I bring him a drink and set it beside the laptop on the tv table type thing... so anyways a couple hours go by and he finished what he was doing and he hadn't really drank the coke.. he got up to grab his dinner from the kitchen... I grabbed the pillow that was on the couch to put the pillow case back on and somehow I knock the coke over...

oh how I wish that the hubster had shut the laptop but nope it spilled all over the keyboard.... my first reaction was to yell for paper towels.. when it should have been unplug the laptop :wacko: anywho, we did unplug it shortly after... hubby picked up the laptop and tipped it and a bunch of coke came out :blink: we took it apart sort of and now it is sitting in front of the fan..

I am trying to find a computer repair shop around here.. they say if you spill coke on a laptop you should take it to professional to clean it..

I feel so bad right now.. we have only had this laptop for like 4 months and the last payment on it came out a few days ago... at the time I had been joking by saying "just watch, now it is going to break down"... :unsure:

No no you did the right thing Marilyn...

was it a lot of coke? it happened at our office, it wasn't a great deal of coke that came in.. I set it in front of a fan for a day and plugged it back in and voila it worked.. (and has continued to work)... i called Dell when it happened and they said it voids the warranty.. so we'd have been paying for the repairs out of pocket.. crossing fingers for you Marilyn!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

No no you did the right thing Marilyn...

was it a lot of coke? it happened at our office, it wasn't a great deal of coke that came in.. I set it in front of a fan for a day and plugged it back in and voila it worked.. (and has continued to work)... i called Dell when it happened and they said it voids the warranty.. so we'd have been paying for the repairs out of pocket.. crossing fingers for you Marilyn!

yeah it was quite a bit of coke...

I feel so bad... this laptop cost us 700 bucks and that is a lot of money for us...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.