July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix.. i cannot believe your tale :( Bah!! I mean I believe you but HOLY slumlord! :( You know what gets me... these landlords leave this stuff till the last possible second and put bandaids on issues until it all goes bezerk and they have to do massive work.

Our new place.. the one we moved into in July? Our toilet is sinking in the floor.. and has been leaking for a LONG time.. the water put a foot hole in our ceiling in the kitchen and now everytime we flush the toilet on the 2nd floor the water trickles into a bucket sitting on top of our kitchen cabinets. :(

We called the management company to ask AgAIN what they were going to do about it.. they told my hubby to CALL the contractors.. plumbers and tile people and see what they were going to do about it.. UH.. LADY YOU are the management company.. this is what you get PAID to do.. not OUR job to line up the contractors... :angry:

Oh no! That's horrible Em! I cannot believe they are asking your Husband to call the contractors - I mean really. I have to wonder what these building management people actually do, oh I guess they field complaints!

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix.. i cannot believe your tale :( Bah!! I mean I believe you but HOLY slumlord! :( You know what gets me... these landlords leave this stuff till the last possible second and put bandaids on issues until it all goes bezerk and they have to do massive work.

Our new place.. the one we moved into in July? Our toilet is sinking in the floor.. and has been leaking for a LONG time.. the water put a foot hole in our ceiling in the kitchen and now everytime we flush the toilet on the 2nd floor the water trickles into a bucket sitting on top of our kitchen cabinets. :(

We called the management company to ask AgAIN what they were going to do about it.. they told my hubby to CALL the contractors.. plumbers and tile people and see what they were going to do about it.. UH.. LADY YOU are the management company.. this is what you get PAID to do.. not OUR job to line up the contractors... :angry:

Oh no! That's horrible Em! I cannot believe they are asking your Husband to call the contractors - I mean really. I have to wonder what these building management people actually do, oh I guess they field complaints!

I told him to ask her next time he talks to her for the owners number.. if she asks why .. I told hubby to tell her so that we can tell the owner what parts of her job she's not doing. :bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Funny you should say that as I was just thinking the same thing - when I email this property manager I am going to ask for the building owner's name as well.

You aren't going to believe this - well yes you guys will as you have heard the stories but!

I am sitting here at the computer - minding my own business - my Husband is sitting on the sofa in the dining room (no room for the sofa in the living room) and we have the dishwasher running.

Well dweeb (maintenance guy) knocks again and uses his key to open the door AGAIN just a couple of minutes ago! Well after his last entrance I put the slide chain lock on - so that stopped him. The dweeb is so fast my Husband didn't have time to get to the door which is perhaps 5 feet from where he is sitting.

It's one thing to burst in to someones apartment unannounced because you lack the common sense to think they might be home - it's another thing entirely when you burst in upon them a couple of hours ago, so you know they are home, why the hell is he using the key ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh and he heard our water running, which is why he felt the need to come back - it's kind of funny, he can only see me sitting here, not my Husband behind the door - and he says something like - sorry maam but is your water running?? I just looked at him lol (my Husband then answered him)

He probably thinks i'm mute.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

i've been reading alot of bad stories about housing in the states.. i live in quebec, and here we have a rental board that can intervene etc, and when me and david look at what areas we want to live in in Illinois i get very weirded out and have to do a search on the property complex owners name etc. and then i read all these terrible reviews with management, maintenance etc. Is it all like that down there?

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
i've been reading alot of bad stories about housing in the states.. i live in quebec, and here we have a rental board that can intervene etc, and when me and david look at what areas we want to live in in Illinois i get very weirded out and have to do a search on the property complex owners name etc. and then i read all these terrible reviews with management, maintenance etc. Is it all like that down there?

I didn't find that in Florida. Most reviews online are negative - when people are angry they feel the need to post stuff - when they are happy with their rental - not so much.

Timeline

No to rental boards.. I am used to those from Canada.. nothing like that here.. at all.. you are on your own in CT and it is flipping frustrating.. :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

omg, the maintenance guy just walked in to the building and i heard him knocking on someones door and jingle his keys, he just opened their door, he better not come back here :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I imagine that they assume that most people work in an office of sorts and will be away during the times of this maintenance. You should tell them that you run a business from home and that this is a burden on your industry and should be compensated for your lost time :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
omg, the maintenance guy just walked in to the building and i heard him knocking on someones door and jingle his keys, he just opened their door, he better not come back here :lol:

:lol:

Stand there with a bat in your hand next time. Say you thought you were being broken into.

get one of these. you'll never have that problem again.

young1.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Does she live in the same building? If not, why not show up at her address with your bathrobe and all of your shower things and say since the water is off at your place - again - you are coming to take a shower at her place and will continue to do so until the water situation is repaired at your place.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Does she live in the same building? If not, why not show up at her address with your bathrobe and all of your shower things and say since the water is off at your place - again - you are coming to take a shower at her place and will continue to do so until the water situation is repaired at your place.

That's a good suggestion Kathryn and i'm glad you posted that. I just sent her an email and I didn't hold back - although I was not rude - I mentioned to her things like, what if I have hair colour on and have no where to wash it off!!

I have actually been thinking about that - so when she writes back if she isn't offering any type of reassurance that it will stop happening or compensation of some type - I will suggest she give me her address for just that purpose!!

I also told her all about the maintenance guy etc and suggested she should move us to the top of the list for another apartment.

That's a good suggestion Kathryn and i'm glad you posted that. I just sent her an email and I didn't hold back - although I was not rude - I mentioned to her things like, what if I have hair colour on and have no where to wash it off!!

I have actually been thinking about that - so when she writes back if she isn't offering any type of reassurance that it will stop happening or compensation of some type - I will suggest she give me her address for just that purpose!!

I also told her all about the maintenance guy etc and suggested she should move us to the top of the list for another apartment.

The top of the waiting list for an apartment that isn't available except to people who email her about looking for an apartment? Gosh...what a horrible time you're having trailmix!!!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.