July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

My husband was just laid off. I've no idea what we're going to do now.

I'm pretty sure that they laid him off because of one particular jerk that works there. This guy has even called to harass us at home because he dislikes Phil so much. Unfortunately, he's got his head stuck so far up the owner's backside that he gets whatever he wants. Heck, he's been getting away with taking credit for other people's work for years.

~ Catherine

I'm sorry to hear this :(

I too was essentially laid off last week (hours cut drastically). Thankfully I was able to apply for partial benefits from UI.

So it should help a little bit.

Been applying for new jobs since Monday, and not one single callback or email :(

I'm just grateful that John has a good stable job and have reserves should we need them....just hope we don't.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that they laid him off because of one particular jerk that works there. This guy has even called to harass us at home because he dislikes Phil so much. Unfortunately, he's got his head stuck so far up the owner's backside that he gets whatever he wants. Heck, he's been getting away with taking credit for other people's work for years.

~ Catherine

So sorry Bermy. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Catherine- I am so sorry! That really sucks especially when the other guy is a jerk. I hope something good comes up for you guys really soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear that, Catherine. :((F)

we live near a small town with about 600 people for INTERNET, and cable we pay a phone bill of 160 a month we have no long distance and never use that phone but to get net and cable u have to have a phone, u cant get any service from anyone else because they have they air ways and wires all locked up for their usage only. we are also forced to pay for digital cable cuz there is no other option here.......they try to pacify us by stating well we are a co-op and after ten years u start getting back money have paid in :angry:

if it was not for schooling and immigration we would not need this.

sara

Whoa. That's unbelievable. :o

iagree.gif

So sorry to hear that, Bermy :( I wish you the best.

I know it probably seems overwhelming right now, but I just wanted to say that you WILL survive ... my husband was laid fof a year ago. Unfortunately, we live in a very rural area where all the construction companies have laid their workers off and several local mills have also closed, flooding the market with unemployed workers. It has been a hard as hell year, but we are still here. We definitely had to scale back our lifestyle and cut costs everywhere, but it has not been as bad as I imagined it would be a year ago this time.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Bermy, i'm so sorry to hear that :( I really hope things work out, and you guys find a solution soon. That's one of the most difficult things a family could go through...what a jerk that guy at work is :angry:

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Maybe I should start a new vent thread just for this apartment we live in, but I don't want to.

Anyway, we got a notice today that they are going to 'begin to flush all lines and augering our main stacks'

I don't know what augering a main stack is - I know what augering is, but what the hell is a main stack.

So they are going to start this work on the 14th and "after each building is completed they will have to enter all units to test the water flow".

Ok, well I don't know if this means more water shut offs, I will email her to find out, but what I do know is that because we have a cat we can't go out during the day until they are finished - can't risk them coming in here and the cat taking off, or being scared.

We have been in this apartment 5 weeks. In that time the water has been off 3 times, the maintenance guy has been here twice and now this. I like privacy, so I may be getting a bit ticked for nothing, but it seems excessive to me and in all the places I have lived I have never encountered a place that is so mickey mouse.

Oh and my Husband just mentioned - we have no hot water. So I said - as in the water runs but it's not hot? No, it's shut off.

/rant

I agree... that's quite excessive, but unfotunately if there's a major problem, they need to fix it. It sounds like they probably will be turning off water for that.. :( It sucks. Are you able to close the cat in a room until they are done? I have a cat too, but luckily she'd just hide under the bed, not run away. lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Sigh - I have had cat problems today. At 5:45 this morning I started to hear sounds of cat fighting and thought it was one of the ferals outside fighting with the stray "Smokey" who is living on the porch. I raced outside to break it up but all was calm. So I came back inside and went looking for our cats who get upset when there is fighting outside. Well, I just had to follow the tufts of fur down the hallway into Joe's computer room and there were Lion and Bear glaring at each other with tufts of fur pulled out of each other's coats and fur everywhere! They were sort of at a 'breather' fortunately so I was able to intervene and get them separated. Abbie came running out of the room shortly after - and I noticed there was white fur among the brown - so she was involved too. They were all very skittish and jumping at the slightest sound. After about 2 hours they seemed better - when the garbage guys came and started banging around and the cats jumped up and started running around again scared. Big Sigh.

I think Abbie probably started things because a little later she jumped on Freija, upsetting the food bowl, and sending Lion and Bear into growling attack mode again - and then a few minutes later Abbie again jumped on Freija who ran under the chair while I kept Lion off of Abbie and tried to reassure Bear. The big problem is Lion is the alpha cat and he thinks it is his job to 'police' things - but his view of policing is to attack the cat who is hissing or causing problems - and his decision making skills about who the culprit is, isn't very good. So, all day they have been skittish and nervous and terrified of the room in which this all took place.

It's going to be a long night keeping the peace. Too bad I can't just suspend their accounts, hehehe :whistle: .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline
No, you're not getting ticked off for nothing. That's excessive. I'd be seriously wanting a rebate. lol

:lol:

So I emailed her 2 questions. First, do you know our hot water is not on and was this scheduled? Second, will they be turning the water off for augering, this is the reply :huh:

the water is on now-emergency

i do not think the water will be shut off when augering-contractors would have told me

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
No, you're not getting ticked off for nothing. That's excessive. I'd be seriously wanting a rebate. lol

So I emailed her 2 questions. First, do you know our hot water is not on and was this scheduled? Second, will they be turning the water off for augering, this is the reply :huh:

i do not think the water will be shut off when augering-contractors would have told me

I wonder if she knows that emails are not charged by the word like telegrams are - perhaps she wouldn't be so sparse with her information then. :huh:

Timeline

I wonder if she knows that emails are not charged by the word like telegrams are - perhaps she wouldn't be so sparse with her information then. :huh:

It's really strange, I experienced this with both the RBC mortgage woman in the U.S. and now with this woman.

It's like they don't understand that there is a format for email when you are in business, they seem to think they can write the same way in email to a client as they can to like their Brother.

Timeline

So when we moved in here, as soon as we saw the place I said - this is too small - this 850 sq ft apartment that looks much smaller.

After we had been here about 5 days I called the manager. I asked her if there were any larger apartments available as we had noticed one looked empty (in fact it is the apartment we lived in like 9 years ago) - that faces the view of the city.

She told me no - it is not empty, it is reserved for the company 'big wigs' and that she did not have any 2 bedroom apartments with a view available, in fact she had no bigger apartments available.

I said this place is really too small - she said, well, I can put you on a waiting list, I said, how long is that waiting list? She said we were 5th, but we might not have to wait that long as people changed their minds about moving sometimes.

So I have been thinking about this. You can tell from the lack of cars in the parking lot that this place is not full. So I set up an email account and wrote asking about vacancies.

The first thing I noticed from the list, based on our rent is that she rented us the 'compact' apartment which is 750 sq ft not 850 - now that was verbal, so even if I give her the benefit of the doubt on that - there are 2 bedroom apartments in 3 different sizes available right now - including one that faces the city!!!!!

What a lying witch!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.