July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Here is my problem with American healthcare. I went to renew my birth control prescription last week. The doctor decided that he didn't want to do the full-pap because mine from Canada was done at the end of September. But I was out of BC, the reason for my visit. So he gave me a refill for 3 months and said, come back in October and I'll give you a year's worth when we do the pap. Fine. . . . . .

But before I saw the doctor, the nurse had me take a pregnancy test to see the results with the doctor before he could refill my prescription. Okay, maybe that's normal but in the 13 years I've been on orthro, I've never had to take a pregnancy test. The doctor just always asked if there was a possibility that I could be pregnant and if I said no, that was enough.

So I get the bill in the mail yesterday. $35 for that freaking pregnancy test and $95 for the "exam". Now my insurance paid for all but $30 of it. But was the $35 pregnancy test really necessary? I mean I knew I wasn't pregnant. Heck I could buy my own test at Wal-Mart for a heck of a lot less.

#######!! You can buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store here :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spent Thursday and Friday looking for new jobs, and only found three that I was qualified enough to do.

This is going to be hell I just know it.

I had to ask my boss if my next two paychecks were going to bounce (he's already bounced 2 on me this year, which was NOT fun to deal with).

On monday I'm going to ask my boss straight up why he didn't just put me on unemployment. If he needs the hours, he can take mine, while I collect and look for a new job.

This week has probably been the worst in my life, and I'm hoping it only gets better...meaning, I hope I have hit rock bottom so I can make my way back up again :(

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline
#######!! You can buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store here :lol:

:o REALLY?! :lol:

Yes, not that I'd ever trust a dollar store pregnancy test though :lol:

So I spent Thursday and Friday looking for new jobs, and only found three that I was qualified enough to do.

This is going to be hell I just know it.

I had to ask my boss if my next two paychecks were going to bounce (he's already bounced 2 on me this year, which was NOT fun to deal with).

On monday I'm going to ask my boss straight up why he didn't just put me on unemployment. If he needs the hours, he can take mine, while I collect and look for a new job.

This week has probably been the worst in my life, and I'm hoping it only gets better...meaning, I hope I have hit rock bottom so I can make my way back up again :(

Awww I know how you feel, hang in there! It's really tough finding a job nowadays, I've been looking since April and still nada. Plus our landlord raised our rent today, so our costs are going up and I really need to find something soon!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They say Nursing is recession proof--NOT!!! I'm lucky to have a job--actually Monday is my first day on the unit---but many of my fellow grads are still unemployed in the DC area. Hope it works out J&K

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

This is another reason I hate living in an apartment.

On Monday I noticed that the water pressure was REALLY low, so I start turning on taps - hmm just a dribble of water. So I open the apartment door to see if there is some notice about turning the water off - and there is, but then a little while later I notice that the turn off water notice is for 10 o'clock on Tuesday. I email the apartment manager to ask what's up:

"sorry today was a surprise a shut off valve gave out in a unit, they are working on it now. Hopefully tomorrow no longer than 2 hrs"

Wow, what a coincidence.

Anyway, they did turn the water off before 10 and it was off until around 5.

So this morning I can hear someone in the hallway - apparently dropping off papers - yes, they are going to turn off the water again tomorrow 'morning' - no times given this time.

The thing is, i'm not so unrealistic in that I realize that plumbing needs to be repaired periodically, however I also know that if it is maintained properly it probably only needs a few hours maintenance every year or so - then the tenants don't have to put up with many hours of no water service over 3 days.

:bonk: This is what my head feels like this morning! At 8 am the pounding started! My room is the closest to neighbours yard and they are getting new shingles on their roof! Ugh!! It sounds like they keep dropping the old shingles and tools onto their deck from the roof!! NOT a nice sound!!! :angry:

Not to mention my hair feels like straw and so heavy with hair product from my trial updo for the wedding yesterday.......this will take me hours to detangle after washing and conditioning..... :wacko:

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

So, ever since we moved in here our television picture has not been good. Last week I discovered where the HD channels are and found that the reception for those channels is great.

So I call the cable company and they want us to try all ths stuff - direct connection to box not through splitter etc - which we have not gotten around to yet.

But no matter because now the digital cable box has decided not to work at all :lol:

So, ever since we moved in here our television picture has not been good. Last week I discovered where the HD channels are and found that the reception for those channels is great.

So I call the cable company and they want us to try all ths stuff - direct connection to box not through splitter etc - which we have not gotten around to yet.

But no matter because now the digital cable box has decided not to work at all :lol:

Cable, digital cable, and HD are the biggest scams the Cable providers have going. We always get calls and walk-ups to the door from everyone wanting us to change. "We can offer you 300 channels!; We can give you HD in every room of your house!" Ugh. I always say..." listen to me....we watch Cardinals baseball every day during the season...that's the extent of our television watching...we don't WANT 300 channels...we don't WANT HD, we don't WANT anything that you can offer except lower prices!". To which of course they can always offer lower than what we're paying by giving us MORE for LESS! ha

We have two T.V's, one has regular cable, that's it. The TV we never watch, I don't know why we even have it. Now, speaking of TV trailmix, I did watch the Hotel Inspector after you mentioned it, and I love it. Unfortunately, it was on for 4 seasons, and not anymore, well, not with Ruth. She's a hoot. Some of those places I wouldn't step inside. Yuck! I love BBC. Then started to watch The f Word after Hotel Inspector, which I love as well...but again, reruns now. So that flys in the face of what I just said earlier about only watching Cardinals baseball, but what the heck, they don't have to know. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

My husband was just laid off. I've no idea what we're going to do now.

I'm pretty sure that they laid him off because of one particular jerk that works there. This guy has even called to harass us at home because he dislikes Phil so much. Unfortunately, he's got his head stuck so far up the owner's backside that he gets whatever he wants. Heck, he's been getting away with taking credit for other people's work for years.

~ Catherine

Timeline

I'm pretty sure that they laid him off because of one particular jerk that works there. This guy has even called to harass us at home because he dislikes Phil so much. Unfortunately, he's got his head stuck so far up the owner's backside that he gets whatever he wants. Heck, he's been getting away with taking credit for other people's work for years.

~ Catherine

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope your hubby can find something new, probably better hes not working with a crazy person like that anymore. He called you at home to harass you? :blink: Thats aweful!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

~ Catherine

That is really awful. I hope he finds a new job with a better work environment soon. :thumbs:

My vent:

My employers have instituted a new software package on the servers. Not only does it restrict a vast number of websites that were previously allowed, but it also logs your activity and sends a montly log and report to all the supervisors here. It's surreal, almost like working in an Orwell scene. As a civil libertarian, this appauls me, but I like the people that I work with, and I like my job so I will keep quiet and hope they don't block this site.

Indy.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cable, digital cable, and HD are the biggest scams the Cable providers have going. We always get calls and walk-ups to the door from everyone wanting us to change. "We can offer you 300 channels!; We can give you HD in every room of your house!" Ugh. I always say..." listen to me....we watch Cardinals baseball every day during the season...that's the extent of our television watching...we don't WANT 300 channels...we don't WANT HD, we don't WANT anything that you can offer except lower prices!". To which of course they can always offer lower than what we're paying by giving us MORE for LESS! ha

We have two T.V's, one has regular cable, that's it. The TV we never watch, I don't know why we even have it. Now, speaking of TV trailmix, I did watch the Hotel Inspector after you mentioned it, and I love it. Unfortunately, it was on for 4 seasons, and not anymore, well, not with Ruth. She's a hoot. Some of those places I wouldn't step inside. Yuck! I love BBC. Then started to watch The f Word after Hotel Inspector, which I love as well...but again, reruns now. So that flys in the face of what I just said earlier about only watching Cardinals baseball, but what the heck, they don't have to know. :lol:

we live near a small town with about 600 people for INTERNET, and cable we pay a phone bill of 160 a month we have no long distance and never use that phone but to get net and cable u have to have a phone, u cant get any service from anyone else because they have they air ways and wires all locked up for their usage only. we are also forced to pay for digital cable cuz there is no other option here.......they try to pacify us by stating well we are a co-op and after ten years u start getting back money have paid in :angry:

if it was not for schooling and immigration we would not need this.

sara

Timeline

~ Catherine

That is really awful. I hope he finds a new job with a better work environment soon. :thumbs:

My vent:

My employers have instituted a new software package on the servers. Not only does it restrict a vast number of websites that were previously allowed, but it also logs your activity and sends a montly log and report to all the supervisors here. It's surreal, almost like working in an Orwell scene. As a civil libertarian, this appauls me, but I like the people that I work with, and I like my job so I will keep quiet and hope they don't block this site.

Bermy, I'm SO sorry to hear that. (F)

Rob, my company did the same, I don't really see anything wrong with it... after all, you are on a company owned computer, and company time.... why should you be allowed to browse the net all day at their expense? (not you specifically, I mean employees in general). My company blocked every website out there except ones required for work, and it definitely made you work more. If I'd been able to get on VJ, cnn, etc. I would have wasted lots of time on the web instead of working. They also kept a log of what you were doing on the company computer. Again, I saw nothing wrong with that since it's THEIR property and I had nothing to hide

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.