July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay I bought my plane ticket online on August 6th with NorthWest..I personally enjoy nwa and Delta. So my flight is tomorrow, and I went to check in and I cannot select seats on my Delta flight from Boston to Bangor. #######...they have never oversold me before and if they do it now I'm going to sh*t.

might be because you're on a beachcraft plane and they're so small, you rly don't need to select a seat.

Edited by wowswift

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Interesting, Flames. I did ask her specifically that even though I had the certificate that they still needed to verify and she said yes. Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. I went and applied for my passport today. They had no problems accepting the certificate - didn't even want to see my DL or anything else! She said it should be back in about 2 1/2 weeks. Hmm, wonder which one will arrive first - my US passport or my new SSN card, hehehe.

I just signed the form--I never got a new SSN card, dont think one does,as your SSn # stays the same

Yeah, I asked about that too and she said yes. I thought it was pretty peculiar as my current card is perfectly fine and unrestricted. Oh well. We'll see.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I HATE MOSQUITOES. They can all go to the 7th level of h3ll. :angry: My body gets so irritated by them, and I turn really red where they bit me, and my entire body is covered. I CANNOT wait until Winter.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Bern, I SO HEAR YOU! I have to wear long sleeves and long pants to go out to harvest vegetables from the garden other wise I am eaten alive. Even wearing insect repellent doesn't work and I have tried a wide variety of them. Avon's Skin So Soft doesn't work either. I can't sit out back on our patio when the weather is nice anymore because of the mosquitoes. We have a lot of foliage in our back yard and with the rains we have been getting that seems enough for the mosquitoes to thrive.

I should buy the anti-itch cream with antihistamine by the caseload because I need to slather it on after every time I have been outside in the garden. Fortunately, it does work and I highly recommend the product. I don't know if it is available in Canada - never needed it then - but check the pharmacies near by - they should have some sort of home brand if they do. The ones I use in the States use 2% diphenhydramine which is the active ingredient in Benadryl.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Bern, I SO HEAR YOU! I have to wear long sleeves and long pants to go out to harvest vegetables from the garden other wise I am eaten alive. Even wearing insect repellent doesn't work and I have tried a wide variety of them. Avon's Skin So Soft doesn't work either. I can't sit out back on our patio when the weather is nice anymore because of the mosquitoes. We have a lot of foliage in our back yard and with the rains we have been getting that seems enough for the mosquitoes to thrive.

I should buy the anti-itch cream with antihistamine by the caseload because I need to slather it on after every time I have been outside in the garden. Fortunately, it does work and I highly recommend the product. I don't know if it is available in Canada - never needed it then - but check the pharmacies near by - they should have some sort of home brand if they do. The ones I use in the States use 2% diphenhydramine which is the active ingredient in Benadryl.

I wonder if those OFF fans work, have you seen the commercial? You click this little fan on your belt or pants and it blows away the mosquitos or something like that

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Never use testers in the make up aisle for 16 hour wear lipstick on your hand.....not REALIZING its the 16 hour wear lipstick......I've got 4 different colors dotted on my hand that I have been trying to scrub off since yesterday! The lipstick I bought and put on yesterday....well its still on me this morning, a bit faded, but still there!! :wacko:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Yeah, I would like to try one of those, think we will pick one up - will let you know! I hear you too bern, of course we live in Calgary as well and I know this isn't just a Calgary problem, however we decided to go out for a walk the other night and we were driven back inside after like 10 minutes as we couldn't hack the bugs! So nothing has changed there!

It's funny, you would think that Florida would be full of bugs, and well it is, however first of all they are so big you can see them coming lol and secondly, mosquitoes were just not a problem. I can only surmise that they have a real mosquito spraying plan there.

Timeline

When i was back in Stoon----not one mosquito!! Very few bugs, was extremely suprised!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Yeah, I would like to try one of those, think we will pick one up - will let you know! I hear you too bern, of course we live in Calgary as well and I know this isn't just a Calgary problem, however we decided to go out for a walk the other night and we were driven back inside after like 10 minutes as we couldn't hack the bugs! So nothing has changed there!

It's funny, you would think that Florida would be full of bugs, and well it is, however first of all they are so big you can see them coming lol and secondly, mosquitoes were just not a problem. I can only surmise that they have a real mosquito spraying plan there.

CALGARY IS TERRIBLE FOR BUGS. T_T I mean, I used to live in Halifax, it was never this bad. Calgary has gotten worse if anything. And I still can't find a place to get my last few vaccines. :(

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Timeline
One food item I really missed from home was Arrowroot baby cookies.

I LOVE arrowroot cookies! I bring them back with me all the time. :lol:

:lol:

In all the time I've been here I've been bitten by a mosquito once. There just aren't any here. I love it.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Here is my problem with American healthcare. I went to renew my birth control prescription last week. The doctor decided that he didn't want to do the full-pap because mine from Canada was done at the end of September. But I was out of BC, the reason for my visit. So he gave me a refill for 3 months and said, come back in October and I'll give you a year's worth when we do the pap. Fine. . . . . .

But before I saw the doctor, the nurse had me take a pregnancy test to see the results with the doctor before he could refill my prescription. Okay, maybe that's normal but in the 13 years I've been on orthro, I've never had to take a pregnancy test. The doctor just always asked if there was a possibility that I could be pregnant and if I said no, that was enough.

So I get the bill in the mail yesterday. $35 for that freaking pregnancy test and $95 for the "exam". Now my insurance paid for all but $30 of it. But was the $35 pregnancy test really necessary? I mean I knew I wasn't pregnant. Heck I could buy my own test at Wal-Mart for a heck of a lot less.

Timeline
Here is my problem with American healthcare. I went to renew my birth control prescription last week. The doctor decided that he didn't want to do the full-pap because mine from Canada was done at the end of September. But I was out of BC, the reason for my visit. So he gave me a refill for 3 months and said, come back in October and I'll give you a year's worth when we do the pap. Fine. . . . . .

But before I saw the doctor, the nurse had me take a pregnancy test to see the results with the doctor before he could refill my prescription. Okay, maybe that's normal but in the 13 years I've been on orthro, I've never had to take a pregnancy test. The doctor just always asked if there was a possibility that I could be pregnant and if I said no, that was enough.

So I get the bill in the mail yesterday. $35 for that freaking pregnancy test and $95 for the "exam". Now my insurance paid for all but $30 of it. But was the $35 pregnancy test really necessary? I mean I knew I wasn't pregnant. Heck I could buy my own test at Wal-Mart for a heck of a lot less.

hospital would have charged u $60 for that same pregoo test,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.